United Empire of America....

And what exactly is that job?

I know we are in Iraq because going after Sadam was G.W.B's personal vendetta for his daddy's failure in 1991. The never were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq until the US Army rolled in there and setup camp with their own supply.

As long as greedy power mongers are alive, we will have humans being oppressed and killed by other humans.

I know this thread is old and worn out, but I don't think all the Kurds and other tribes that died at the hands of WMD would agree with you if they could. I don't know about the vendetta for his Fathers failure, since most, especially those on the left agreed with his policy, but I often wonder about the death threat and hit That Saddam laced on his Dads head playing a part in it. A ruthless despot was hanged, and I'm sure that most of the people of Iraq were thankful for that.

isn't this the same guy that lead Joshua and the Israelites to the city of Jericho....

destroyed the city walls for them and allowed them to every living person in the city...men, women and children, except for the treasonous Rahab because she had hidden Joshua's spies and aided in the campaign.

that guy?

Prior to our current covenant yes, He's also the one that wiped everything out but those on the ark.....

So are you saying we need wealth to survive?

Wasn’t the core of what Jesus was teaching was that you do not need material things to be saved therefore you do not need to waste time accumulating wealth because you get no closer to heaven doing so. This would be independent of whether you believe he was the son of God .

You can give God the credit, but normal people have an instinct to survive, the rest jump off buildings, bridges, and ride Busas :whistle:

Prior to our current covenant yes, He's also the one that wiped everything out but those on the ark.....

like i said...god has no problem with war, he even joins in to help his favorite teams from time to time.....

and he has no problem with death penalty....much is written about how and why someone should be executed...but that is another topic.

I know this thread is old and worn out, but I don't think all the Kurds and other tribes that died at the hands of WMD would agree with you if they could. I don't know about the vendetta for his Fathers failure, since most, especially those on the left agreed with his policy, but I often wonder about the death threat and hit That Saddam laced on his Dads head playing a part in it. A ruthless despot was hanged, and I'm sure that most of the people of Iraq were thankful for that.
With all due respect, the people of many other countries were/are in desperate need of removal of ruthless despots. The problem is that the countries in question have little or nothing in the way of goods we need, so we leave them to suffer. Saddam needed to be disposed of, no doubt, but to pretend it was in response to the 9/11 attacks is akin to beating up a bully's little brother because you are too scared to hit the bully. 10 of the 12 hijackers were Saudi nationals. Due to the Saudi involvement (ownership) of our banking system, they were left alone. What is the point of having the most powerful military in the world when you can't use it wherever you want becase your country's economy will collapse? We are owned lock, stock and barrel by foreign investment. People can spout all the "We are greatest country in the world, let's kick their a$$, yaay America" they want, doesn't change the fact that we don't own us anymore.

Except that animals don't take more than they can ever use.

I'm sorry but animals can, in a defensive situation ??? rattle snakes and other poisonous snakes will bite a human or larger animal to defend themselves not for food.

like i said...god has no problem with war, he even joins in to help his favorite teams from time to time.....

and he has no problem with death penalty....much is written about how and why someone should be executed...but that is another topic.

God had no problem with war. Then he sent his Son. However scripture does say give unto Ceasar ( stay out of this Michelle ). God doesn't use us like pawns. Predestination is talked about in the Bible, but my understanding is that there's a point A and a point Z, the in between is on us. Part of the last covenant as well.

I'm not trained in theology nor do I hold a degree in science, so don't get to upset about anything I say, it's just my opinion.

With all due respect, the people of many other countries were/are in desperate need of removal of ruthless despots. The problem is that the countries in question have little or nothing in the way of goods we need, so we leave them to suffer. Saddam needed to be disposed of, no doubt, but to pretend it was in response to the 9/11 attacks is akin to beating up a bully's little brother because you are too scared to hit the bully. 10 of the 12 hijackers were Saudi nationals. Due to the Saudi involvement (ownership) of our banking system, they were left alone. What is the point of having the most powerful military in the world when you can't use it wherever you want becase your country's economy will collapse? We are owned lock, stock and barrel by foreign investment. People can spout all the "We are greatest country in the world, let's kick their a$$, yaay America" they want, doesn't change the fact that we don't own us anymore.

I agree with the early remarks. Saddam wasn't in any agreements with our country. The Saudis on the other hand do speak with us and do help us from time to time. A lot of the stuff you just spoke about I never brought up just to clarify for the rest. Feel free to quote me and give your opinion but try to separate between your thoughts and mine.

You're to funny projekt, you just throw crap out there and then lurk about laughing at all the raw nerves exposed. I can see you as the kid that pulled the legs off spiders :laugh:

I agree with the early remarks. Saddam wasn't in any agreements with our country. The Saudis on the other hand do speak with us and do help us from time to time. A lot of the stuff you just spoke about I never brought up just to clarify for the rest. Feel free to quote me and give your opinion but try to separate between your thoughts and mine.
Your quote is completely separate from my comments. What I said is in response to your comments, thus my use of the quote bar. Agreements or speaking or whatever, the involvement of Saudi nationals was all but ignored in the aftermath of the attack. That combined with the assertion that anybody who disagreed with the government (which is a basic component of this country's founding principles) was a traitor marked the time in my life when I realized the extent of contempt and disdain the elite political and financial ruling class has for the citizens it is supposed to serve.

God had no problem with war. Then he sent his Son. However scripture does say give unto Ceasar ( stay out of this Michelle ). God doesn't use us like pawns. Predestination is talked about in the Bible, but my understanding is that there's a point A and a point Z, the in between is on us. Part of the last covenant as well.

I'm not trained in theology nor do I hold a degree in science, so don't get to upset about anything I say, it's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

won't happen....conversation is good.

my biggest problem is the ideology, god fights for his people.....jesus turns the other cheek

god, sets forth verse after verse on how we are to act, and how we are to punish those that break the laws of both man and god.....jesus tells us not to judge.

you cannot have to idealogies....one is right and one is wrong.

how can god be wrong? how can jesus be wrong?

but they did not believe in ownership of land.....so how do you return what was not owned?

What they probably meant was you could not put it all in your pocket and just walk away! The land was unjustly occupied by visitors who took advantage of locals and forcefully moved them onto small plots and tried to kill them off. I am not going to sugar coat this! This country does not belong to the ones who scream that it is theirs and talk about protecting their way of life. The ones who think that people who don't like this country should leave are the ones who really need to take a hike! This country is by far not perfect and should not be involved in trying to help other countries get on track when it has and always had major problems it self.

That is just the way it is!

Lets give it a name.. The UEA seems most fitting. I know many people have thought about it but, after a quick google search, I'll take credit for coining the term "The United Empire of America".

This line of thinking has simmered within my psyche with added vigor, most recently after being shaken out of bed by an insurgent bridge explosion here in Ramadi a few weeks ago. What kind of hatred would motivate a people to take on such actions? The fight or flight response was at 100% with a fear I had not experienced in a long time or ever.

As a proud American I have to ask the question: Is a relatively constant state of war, hot or cold, necessary for the advancement of our society or the larger world?

Does the regular upset of tranquility serve as a symbiotic partner to the needs of society?

I essence, what I ask is: "Can the America and the world progress without war?"

Orwell would be proud, brother.

--Wag--

I'm sorry but animals can, in a defensive situation ??? rattle snakes and other poisonous snakes will bite a human or larger animal to defend themselves not for food.

Of course because it is likely that the larger animal will eat them. That is, as you said self defense. A rattle snake will not go looking to kill mor than it can eat.

I'm not trained in theology nor do I hold a degree in science, so don't get to upset about anything I say, it's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

won't happen....conversation is good.

my biggest problem is the ideology, god fights for his people.....jesus turns the other cheek

god, sets forth verse after verse on how we are to act, and how we are to punish those that break the laws of both man and god.....jesus tells us not to judge.

you cannot have to idealogies....one is right and one is wrong.

how can god be wrong? how can jesus be wrong?

God set down the law, Christ never took away from Gods law but was opposed to what man did with Gods law, and yes Christ tried to simplify Gods law by saying Love God , and Love your neighbor as yourself. It's ashame that man fails miserably at following God's law. Christ is God, both are right.

Back