Who Makes the Preferred Helmet?

Preferred Helmet Manufacturer

• Total voters
I have two X11s and a Sparxx. Got the second X11 instead of an Rx7 Corsair so I would interchange liners, face shields between the two . . .

Sparxx will replace your lid if you are in an accident. . .

I cannot understand why they are unable to make lid that is quiet at speed.

Really they advertise this and that but never a quiet lid.

Let's face ir they are all crap:whistle:

I used to have a Shoei. Had 2 back to back.
Also tried a Simpson,
Bieffe (sp)
HJC has been my choice lately. I have run 4 HJC lids back to back.
Next will probably be Icon/ Scorpion.
Currently have a GMAX. Nice lid, decent finish, flows a LOT of air. and It is LOUD. Earplugs for sure.

I used to have a Shoei. Had 2 back to back.
Also tried a Simpson,
Bieffe (sp)
HJC has been my choice lately. I have run 4 HJC lids back to back.
Next will probably be Icon/ Scorpion.
Currently have a GMAX. Nice lid, decent finish, flows a LOT of air. and It is LOUD. Earplugs for sure.

You like HJCs. What do you think of their (can't think of the name) helmet that pops open so that you can drink something or put sunshades on?

Anyone wear a clamshell helmet that will open so you can drink something or put glasses or sunshades on or off?

I love my Shoei Helmet. I have an XR-1000, its comfy, looks great and has a good selection of visors (have to be pin-lock) etc. The breath guard is also a great addition.:thumbsup:

I love my Shoei Helmet. I have an XR-1000, its comfy, looks great and has a good selection of visors (have to be pin-lock) etc. The breath guard is also a great addition.:thumbsup:

What did you pay? Does it have slots in the foam to put glasses in?

I cannot understand why they are unable to make lid that is quiet at speed.

Really they advertise this and that but never a quiet lid.

Let's face ir they are all crap:whistle:

See the helmets above. If they are good enough for Formula one drivers then they must be fair enough for daily motorcyclists.

I spent hard cash for my Arai upwards of 750.00 ??? ,,, and at speed it was the ear plugs that made it plausible,, what a gyp!

Now you mention a brand that has a flip up SCHUBERTH (C3). What are your ideas about the C3?

Yeah, Floyd, I have seen the C3's personally and from all that I have seen and heard from the rider's account they are a quality well above any other copy. I don't think you could go wrong with that choice any day of the week.

Schuberth+C31252271051.jpg

I don't understand why it is that we spend endless amounts of money on bits and pieces for our bikes and yet we short sheet ourselves on ill-fitted equipment like helmets and protective gear. That if money spent in the right direction in the first place with forethought and proper research will give quality and long life for as long as we demand of it why some spend in the opposite direction on lesser items?

I have always believed that spending money the first time on first rate items is always better than spending money on second rate items to have the item fail just to have to come back and spend twice as much to finally go first rate.

Love my Scorpion EXO-1000! Really like the flip down tinted visor inside the helmet under the regular one. No need to carry sunglasses. Also, the pump up cheekpads really fine tune the fit and make it comfy!

Love my Scorpion EXO-1000! Really like the flip down tinted visor inside the helmet under the regular one. No need to carry sunglasses. Also, the pump up cheekpads really fine tune the fit and make it comfy!

Interesting. Someone a while back was complaining that the tinted visor didn't come down far enough and left him squinting. Not so?

Back