Who Makes the Preferred Helmet?

Preferred Helmet Manufacturer

• Total voters
My favorite is going to be Shoei, is nice, comfortable and it matches the bike perfect(Hayabusa helmet) Lol...

Shoei (1)
Hjc (1)

I'm surprised that Bell isn't listed.

Bell ranks higher than any of the brands on this poll in several helmet tests I've read.

I found the scorpion to be the best for me. I liked my Shoei but after trying on my scorpion EXO 1000, I was sold. I never been so comfortable in a helmet! Maybe it just matched my head perfect. the vents work great, and the flip down tint has been invaluable! no more getting caught at night with a dark screen on!

I'm surprised that Bell isn't listed.

Bell ranks higher than any of the brands on this poll in several helmet tests I've read.

Because we already know a Bell is preferred! :laugh:

Their '70's slogan was, "If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet. If your head is worth more, buy a Bell.". The Star was around $150 back then.

I just bought the HJC RPS-10. This helmet is ultra light snell and dot approved. Flows very well on the top vents but cant really feel any air on the chin vent. Comes with pin locks which also can use tear off's for track day or heavy bugs in the summer evening months. The visor is very stought and firm. So far this helmet rates right up there with the 450+ helmets for a lower cost.

ya...bells just gotta be great..after all...they're the only brand that walmart carries. :laugh:

here's my old lid..

shoei4.jpg

here's my new lid...

diabolic1.jpg

diabolic4.jpg

I like the Icon styling but the customer service sucks :banghead: I called the company to complain about how the snap came off my helmet strap and the visor detents wore out in less than 6 months. The guy that answered the phone sounded like he just woke up and didnt really care what I had to say. I explained to him the issues and he started talking to me like I was a newb about helmet wear and tear/ proper care...... Like I havent owned a dozen plus helmets in the last couple years. Then he goes on to tell me that others have complained and reported problems with the Air frame model. So then I told him if others have called and complained about the same thing why are you giving me such a hard time ??? Needless to say I wasted my$$$ and 20 minutes or so of my time that I cant get back. Shoei and Arai might cost more but you get your moneys worth :whistle:

Back