Who Makes the Preferred Helmet?

Preferred Helmet Manufacturer

• Total voters
Interesting. Someone a while back was complaining that the tinted visor didn't come down far enough and left him squinting. Not so?

I haven't had that problem myself. It seems to have plenty of coverage for me. I guess maybe not perfect for everyone, but it really works well for me. If you can, I suggest trying one on & see how you like it. No complaints here though!

I haven't had that problem myself. It seems to have plenty of coverage for me. I guess maybe not perfect for everyone, but it really works well for me. If you can, I suggest trying one on & see how you like it. No complaints here though!

Is this a "clamshell" helmet that pops open so that the front lifts up? That's what I'm really looking for. People say that the HJC clamshells are to flimsy.

I purchased one of the last Suzuki Hayabusa/Shoei RF 1000 matching color helmets. By far and away the quietest and best fitting. I also like the Nolan flip fronts but they aren't as quiet . Wardie

I use a GMAX on my dirt bike when I ride paved roads, and it is the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn. It does not work on the Busa though, too low over the eyes when I tuck in. So I use a Shoei RF1000, which I did not like at first.

Yesterday I tried all the brands they had in stock at Cycle Gear, including Arai. The only ones fitting me so I can tuck in comfortably are the Shoei's, the rest all sit too low over my eyes.

Maybe I have a weird head, don't know, but I am stuck with Shoei.

I am glad I went to the local gear shop to talk to the helmet expert. I was thinking of getting an Arai, but with my long head, I was directed to the AGV GP Tech. Fits beautifully. The Arais were too narrow and the chins too high, limiting visibility, as with the Shoei.

It really all comes down to what fits your head best.

I guess I'm the only Bell-Star owner on the board. My Shoei's seemed noisey, and my Arai's were great, but I figured I'd try something new. Actually old.......I had the first model Bell-star when it came out. I can always buy a new lid.

I guess I'm the only Bell-Star owner on the board. My Shoei's seemed noisey, and my Arai's were great, but I figured I'd try something new. Actually old.......I had the first model Bell-star when it came out. I can always buy a new lid.

Been wear'n Bell since the 70's. I may be wrong, but I believe they're more function than fashion. JMHO

Remember the old; "If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet. If your head is worth more, buy a Bell!? I still live by it!

I am glad I went to the local gear shop to talk to the helmet expert. I was thinking of getting an Arai, but with my long head, I was directed to the AGV GP Tech. Fits beautifully. The Arais were too narrow and the chins too high, limiting visibility, as with the Shoei.

It really all comes down to what fits your head best.

I have a really long head too. I have a Scorpion helmet that just touches my chin on occasion. It makes me wonder what would happen to my chin if I landed face down.

Well, it's been pretty consistently Shoei...all along.

I think I shall forward a link to this thread...to them.

What do you think?

? None of the above

I wear (as most LEO i Europe) a Schubert C2 ...

Flip-up helmet, and by far, the most quiet ... And yes, because it fits my head the best ... Like Charlie Brown of Peanuts ... The guy with big round head

C2 Antrazit.jpg

I currently wear a Shoei, which is very comfortable although somewhat noisy.

When Reevu helmets become available, I'll be getting one.
- (HQ) The Motorcycle Rear-View Helmet. De achteruitkijkhelm. 1701[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I selected HJC coz it makes Joe Rocket helmets, which I luv! got 3 of em and really luvm, especially the carbon!

Back