It's a good time to be black......

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Cap, sorry, pull the thread :bowdown:
I think its stupid people cant take a joke, u would think the Michael Jackson comment would have shown he was just playin, some people need to find a sense of humor:laugh:....and my bad Silver Surfer, vanilla is a flavor:thumbsup:

I think its stupid people cant take a joke, u would think the Michael Jackson comment would have shown he was just playin, some people need to find a sense of humor:laugh:....and my bad Silver Surfer, vanilla is a flavor:thumbsup:

:beerchug:

OK Cap, sorry, pull the thread :bowdown:

Hey, let me be the first to say that I think your intent wiht this was good. I just wanted to point out that you should always be proud of your heritage regardless of the events going on around you.

Yea, I think we (Blacks) have a sense of joy & fullfilment (to some extent), but again this wasn't like winning the Super Bowl or the World Series. If anything, now it is time to work harder, for us all. Barack Obama's victory should light a fire under everyone.

Now that he is President, that doesn't relieve me, or any of us of ANY of my responsibilities that come with be a good, productive, hardworking, taxpayer.

I am sorry if I threadjacked ya a little bit.

Again, I think the thought was good. It is not a bad thread.

Last edited:
Hey, let me be the first to say that I think your intent wiht this was good. I just wanted to point out that you should always be proud of your heritage regardless of the events going on around you.

Yea, I think we (Blacks) have a sense of joy & fullfilment (to some extent), but again this wasn't like winning the Super Bowl or the World Series. If anything, now it is time to work harder, for us all. Barack Obama's victory should light a fire under everyone.

Now that he is President, that doesn't relieve me, or any of us of ANY of my responsibilities that come with be a good, productive, hardworking, taxpayer.

I am sorry if I threadjacked ya a little bit.

Again, I think the thought was good. It is not a bad thread.

:thumbsup:

To put it in perspective, I can't speak for everyone, but for me it has ALWAYS been GREAT (not good, just because we got a President of mixed-race) to be BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN, or whatever else you want to call it , long as it ain't NI.......

Congrats for being proud of your heritage. And I find the "N" word extremely distateful, but even more so when I hear black people use it as it perpetuates the stigma of when white people used it...

Why should this thread be pulled? I read it as a pretty well self modulated discussion between intelligent adults. There is.nothing "anti-family" here.

In fact, a lot of families would do well to have these types of discussions around the dinner table. We are better people for examining our past failures, rather than pretending they didn't occur.

Respectfully
Posted via Mobile Device

Excellent thread, Me being Black it's also the fastest color:laugh: What I got from Obama's election and victory is encouragement. I being young with a family made me step my game up with my children and really encourage education, It's definately power. Really I went back to college because I got laid off, But it's not bad to hop on the wagon of OBama!! No choice Now!! How about President Barack Hussian Obama Peace and love everyone.:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Why should this thread be pulled? I read it as a pretty well self modulated discussion between intelligent adults. There is.nothing "anti-family" here.

In fact, a lot of families would do well to have these types of discussions around the dinner table. We are better people for examining our past failures, rather than pretending they didn't occur.

Respectfully
Posted via Mobile Device
:bowdown:

Barack Obama the 1st black president.
Lewis Hamilton the 1st black F1 world champion.
Will Smith the world’s highest paid actor.
Tiger Woods the world’s best golfer.

How times change, it’s a real good time to be black.

Poor old Michael Jackson must be fooking kicking himself. :laugh:

that's a pretty short list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back