It's a good time to be black......

Status
Not open for further replies.

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Barack Obama the 1st black president.
Lewis Hamilton the 1st black F1 world champion.
Will Smith the world’s highest paid actor.
Tiger Woods the world’s best golfer.

How times change, it’s a real good time to be black.

Poor old Michael Jackson must be fooking kicking himself. :laugh:

Barack Obama the 1st black president.
Lewis Hamilton the 1st black F1 world champion.
Will Smith the world’s highest paid actor.
Tiger Woods the world’s best golfer.

How times change, it’s a real good time to be black.

Poor old Michael Jackson must be fooking kicking himself. :laugh:

Yep, All guys that didn't use black as an excuse.

Well as far as "being black" goes, uh, I didn't know we had a choice!!

And you don't have to be a celebrity or an athelete to NOT use your ethnicity as an "excuse".

And please don't get it twisted, me and countless others have ALWAYS been PROUD to be black, even when it wasn't "cool", even though some cause us all to get a bad rap here & there, and through all of the bullshid you have to go through sometimes just because you are "black".

To put it in perspective, I can't speak for everyone, but for me it has ALWAYS been GREAT (not good, just because we got a President of mixed-race) to be BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN, or whatever else you want to call it , long as it ain't NI.......

And you don't have to be a celebrity or an athelete to NOT use your ethnicity as an "excuse".

And please don't get it twisted, me and countless others have ALWAYS been PROUD to be black, even when it wasn't "cool", even though some cause us all to get a bad rap here & there, and through all of the bullshid you have to go through sometimes just because you are "black".

To put it in perspective, I can't speak for everyone, but for me it has ALWAYS been GREAT (not good, just because we got a President of mixed-race) to be BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN, or whatever else you want to call it , long as it ain't NI.......

+ 1000 This aint no part time job. Some of these comments blow my mind.
I gotta go to work now cause I don't have an excuse... later

I was thinking that we were all just people?I didn't think it made a difference.

It doesn't, but being proud of your heritage is normal. Some people are, some people aren't, some people never think about it. It's normal. I'm Hispanic and I not ashamed nor proud. I'm not normal, either :).

Last edited:
I find is sick that people feel it is a good time to be "black" beacuse we have a "black" prez pr the highest paid golfer is "black" or so on and so fourth..

Folks we are all PEOPLE,, not a "black" person not a "white" person, not a "yellow" or purple, or blue.. Soon as we learn we are all the same the better we will all be.. But I know as well as you do there as a lot of idiots out there who use race as a arguing point..

Think the KKK, or the NAACP!!! Both worthless in my eyes.

As far the the African american, or the Asian American, Latino American thing goes.. DROP IT,, your a F*&KING AMERICAN.... A American where everyone one have the same rights the same opportunites to become what ever they want..

I agree 100%
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumbsup:
I find is sick that people feel it is a good time to be "black" beacuse we have a "black" prez pr the highest paid golfer is "black" or so on and so fourth..

Folks we are all PEOPLE,, not a "black" person not a "white" person, not a "yellow" or purple, or blue.. Soon as we learn we are all the same the better we will all be.. But I know as well as you do there as a lot of idiots out there who use race as a arguing point..

Think the KKK, or the NAACP!!! Both worthless in my eyes.

As far the the African american, or the Asian American, Latino American thing goes.. DROP IT,, your a F*&KING AMERICAN.... A American where everyone one have the same rights the same opportunites to become what ever they want..

Success comes with effort and how one overcomes the obstacles...having something handed to you, that you did not earn, may not be in your best interest for the long term...short term...enjoy it fool!

Unfortunately, not everyone sees past skin color and the equality underneath it. I'm proud to be an American of Mexican descent. If you don't like it "Pues chinga tu madre". :laugh:

I've never understood taking pride in what someone had no choice or control over. It's like "Look at me! I was born with two hands!"

Black, white, asian, hispanic, American, Indian, Mexican...why find pride (or shame) in any of these "accomplishments" (assuming second generation or greater American)? It's not as if our efforts "earned" us any of these labels.

That said, given the level of ignorance and intolerance that has plagued the human race since Adam and Eve (for those who believe), or whomever the first of our species was (for those who don't), it is good to see someone break through a barrier...real or perceived.

:beerchug:

Oh my, some people got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, WTF its a joke :cheerleader:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back