It's a good time to be black......

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't, but being proud of your heritage is normal. Some people are, some people aren't, some people never think about it. It's normal. I'm Hispanic and I not ashamed nor proud. I'm not normal, either :).

Unless you happen to be white and use "proud of your heritage" to suppress or demean.....

I for one am just glad that my kids are growing up in a world more and more colorblind.....God knows we got enough to worry about without over-generalizing skin tones into the mix.

As I grow older, I find my initial reaction to stupid people to be more and more based on the action, not the skin tone. Stereotypes may have in the past caused me to think differently...that was just a byproduct of my atmosphere, I guess. Now, I am simply appalled by the actions of ignorant people no matter what their race, creed, or religious affiliation....ignorance apparantly knows no racial boundary.

Well as far as "being white" goes, uh, I didn't know we had a choice!!

And you don't have to be a celebrity or an athelete to NOT use your ethnicity as an "excuse".

And please don't get it twisted, me and countless others have ALWAYS been PROUD to be white, even when it wasn't "cool", even though some cause us all to get a bad rap here & there, and through all of the bullshid you have to go through sometimes just because you are "white".

To put it in perspective, I can't speak for everyone, but for me it has ALWAYS been GREAT to be WHITE, EUROPEAN AMERICAN, or whatever else you want to call it

You bring up a good point, tbone. A white person born here, with several generations of their family born here, what heritage do they say they are proud of? It might leave quite a few people feeling left out in a way. I've always ignored the fact that we have different skin tones...grew up in Los Angeles among kids of all cultures, so it never seemed to be a big deal. While I never felt any hurt from people claiming pride in their heritage, I have Hispanic heritage, which is not the "norm" you might say, so what do people in the "norm" stake their pride to?

Originally posted by PADEROLIS

OK, now you guys made me hungry and I'm stuck here at work PAGE

Fixed it for ya!!!

:lol:

Barack Obama the 1st black president.
Lewis Hamilton the 1st black F1 world champion.
Will Smith the world’s highest paid actor.
Tiger Woods the world’s best golfer.

How times change, it’s a real good time to be black.

Poor old Michael Jackson must be fooking kicking himself. :laugh:
Hey, you forgot one........

OJ Simpson:rofl:

Well as far as "being white" goes, uh, I didn't know we had a choice!!

And you don't have to be a celebrity or an athelete to NOT use your ethnicity as an "excuse".

And please don't get it twisted, me and countless others have ALWAYS been PROUD to be white, even when it wasn't "cool", even though some cause us all to get a bad rap here & there, and through all of the bullshid you have to go through sometimes just because you are "white".

To put it in perspective, I can't speak for everyone, but for me it has ALWAYS been GREAT to be WHITE, EUROPEAN AMERICAN, or whatever else you want to call it

Dude, it pays to quote intelligent people!!

And that is what is was meant to be. That statement is universal and applies equally.

:beerchug:

For the record:

OJ, Micheal Jackon, & Jesse Jackson................................. are all no longer Black, they joined the Ignorant/Stupid Race a long time ago!!

How many times do I have to tell you all that WE as a people have officially disowned them??

:whistle:

Well as far as "being black" goes, uh, I didn't know we had a choice!!

And please don't get it twisted, me and countless others have ALWAYS been PROUD to be black, even when it wasn't "cool", even though some cause us all to get a bad rap here & there, and through all of the bullshid you have to go through sometimes just because you are "black".

To put it in perspective, I can't speak for everyone, but for me it has ALWAYS been GREAT (not good, just because we got a President of mixed-race) to be BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN, or whatever else you want to call it , long as it ain't NI.......

So you don't listen to rap music, I hear that term a lot in the streets. Of course I'm always referred to as crac.........:laugh:

For the record:

OJ, Micheal Jackon, & Jesse Jackson................................. are all no longer Black, they joined the Ignorant/Stupid Race a long time ago!!

How many times do I have to tell you all that WE as a people have officially disowned them??

:rofl: Hope to meet you someday, crazy

imo the largest promoter of racism is the us goverment because they define that there is such a thing as a minority!!! old abe said all men are created equal. i am glad to see we as a country have moved past our prejudices and respect those who can accomplish due to they accomplish. the next step is to fully punish those who refuse to see all or treat all as equals, and remove all these "definitions" above the simplest. HUMAN

Last edited:
For the record:

Wow can you do that? Do they have to like turn in their race card or something? ???

So, here is a thought.....Are schools and employers going to continue to be required to provide preferential treatment to minorities? Who should be considered a minority?

For some reason while reading all this, the movie Vacation came to mind. The part when Clark has the family in the "family truckster" and gets lost in the city and stops for directions..:laugh:

vq6xxw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back