A good read (political)

dk55belair

Registered
They’ve gone by many names over the years including Dixiecrats, Southern Democrats, and most recently, Blue Dogs. No matter the name, they’ve always held conservative Southern values and principles. There are certain things like saying “ma’am,†holding the door for ladies, and going to church every Sunday that are staples of this tradition.
And that’s what it is – a tradition. Being a Southern Democrat is more about who your grandfather voted for than about Washington, D.C. policies. This is explicitly clear in the way D.C. is being run these days. Long gone are the Southern Democrats of Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. Now, the Democratic Party is being led by far-left ideologues, like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. If this is so, why do traditional Southerners continue to vote for the Democratic Party? Hasn’t the Party left the people?
Everybody can pick up the local paper and see what’s wrong with America. We’re spending too much and borrowing what we don’t have to spend some more. We have Congressmen voting to take “In God We Trust†off of our money and take “Under God†out of our Pledge. Surely these aren’t the Democrats of yesteryear.
Throughout these wars we’ve been fighting, whether you agree with them or not, it’s all been about politics. Our soldiers can’t get proper equipment unless a Congressman gains something from it. In fact, much of the military funding has to come hidden in bills so that far-left liberals will allow it. Surely these aren’t the Democrats of yesteryear.
Now it’s important to address that this isn’t about party. The purpose of this note isn’t to say that everyone should vote Republican. In fact that doesn’t do anybody one bit of good. What must be addressed here is just a simple thought about voting traditions. Here in North Carolina, many voters check Republican for President, and then vote Democratic the rest of the way down. Why is this? It is especially curious since the North Carolina Legislature has been Democratically controlled for over a hundred years. They have caused all of our problems. But wait, in that statement is the answer. For a hundred years, we’ve voted the way of our father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. All the while, the Democratic Party has abandoned the South’s traditional values. Perhaps it may just be time to vote differently, and break tradition. After all, isn’t breaking tradition to save tradition a worthy cause?

Well spoken and true. We need a change for the better and not just change.
Obama and his band of criminals are pushing this country over the edge of Communism.

My son wrote that and sent it to me. He's pretty spot on and conservative for a 22 year old.
His grandfather is one of those Southern Dems.

I think the country would benefit from crossing party lines, I never vote straight ticket. I hope we clean the entire house this year and prevent the 50 year servers like Byrd from happening again

I live in the south and I never vote for a party per say. I vote in accordance to and individual and not by party. I could care less about a party. Democrats and republicans have messed this country up over the last 40 years. I can't seem to understand how we are headed into communism though. Anyways, the last I remember, the last administration spent up some money also. This problem we are facing happened long before Obama came to office. I do believe however that tradition must be broken in many areas of life. Just my 2cents!

Last edited:
its easy to blame one party for the troubles of today, bsed on the party of the president at the time....

the Obama fans will denounce the nightmare they took over from Bush, while ignoring that the people runnign the country Pelosi,Reid, even Obama were all in congress at the time...

Gietner, Obama treasury Secretary is the guy that bailed out Bear-Stearn and AIG, while still allowing them to pay those billion dollar bonuses to corporate officer from your tax money....

and we like to ignore that the root of the Financial Crisis stems from the Community Re-Investment Act of 1977....which forced banks to give loans to low income families and business' in low income areas....Carter was the president in 1977 and he was democrat...

the only change that is needed...is for people to start to vote for the best qualified individuals...not a political party, or the guy with the coolest commercials.

its easy to blame one party for the troubles of today, bsed on the party of the president at the time....

the Obama fans will denounce the nightmare they took over from Bush, while ignoring that the people runnign the country Pelosi,Reid, even Obama were all in congress at the time...

Gietner, Obama treasury Secretary is the guy that bailed out Bear-Stearn and AIG, while still allowing them to pay those billion dollar bonuses to corporate officer from your tax money....

and we like to ignore that the root of the Financial Crisis stems from the Community Re-Investment Act of 1977....which forced banks to give loans to low income families and business' in low income areas....Carter was the president in 1977 and he was democrat...

the only change that is needed...is for people to start to vote for the best qualified individuals...not a political party, or the guy with the coolest commercials.

amen, just get the current congress out of there.

Like I've been saying we need true conservatives elected to office. Time to get rid of all the crooked politicians (Both Parties) Not to worry though, we here at the Tea-Party are working overtime to elect conservatives this November, count on that! By the way, you will start to see the media say that the democrats are looking good for the November elections and that the Tea-Party is fading, don't believe it. We here at the Tea-Party are on top of things and getting it done. I'll be here after the elections for any "post-election" questions :thumbsup:

Back