Tested C mode in the rain...

apehog

Registered
Today I did a little 90 mile round trip and decided to check out how the bike handled when it started raining hard. Switched to "C" mode and did notice a more stable ride through curves and later stop and go traffic.

Overall, she was flawless in terms of wet road performance. I still have the stock BT 015's and they of course helped. BTW, temps were around 40 degrees. :beerchug:

yea, i love the different maps but most of the time i forget its there and just leave it in "balls to the wall" mode.. :)

What is C mode? I heard people talking about it time to time but I cant find it on my 08.. :whistle: :laugh:

Today I did a little 90 mile round trip and decided to check out how the bike handled when it started raining hard. Switched to "C" mode and did notice a more stable ride through curves and later stop and go traffic.

Overall, she was flawless in terms of wet road performance. I still have the stock BT 015's and they of course helped. BTW, temps were around 40 degrees. :beerchug:

More stable ride ???

It changes the power out put of the engine...how does that effect the ride ???

Maybe in the full power mode the rider is ham fisting the throttle a bit too much...smooth input on the throttle, brakes, steering inputs, and rider position is what makes the bike more stable :thumbsup:

More stable ride ???

It changes the power out put of the engine...how does that effect the ride ???

Maybe in the full power mode the rider is ham fisting the throttle a bit too much...smooth input on the throttle, brakes, steering inputs, and rider position is what makes the bike more stable :thumbsup:

Good point...I guess what I found is that it's almost a safety net in some respects...sure, a steady throttle hand, brake control, etc..will keep you out of trouble, but I wanted to see for myself what effect the cut back power would have on the bikes handling. I'll put it another way..it didn't HURT anything..

Last edited:
:beerchug:...but I've never used mine.

Interesting report...

I tried it in the rain a few times last year at the Spring Bash when I first got my '08. In slippery conditions or with a new rider that lacks the experience of such a high performance machine, it's a nice option to have :beerchug:

Last edited:
A true warrior enters the arena with all his power at the ready

A famous quote by a far wiser man than I :laugh:

What ever makes you more comfortable, I prefer that the bike bike perform the same way all the time and adjust my riding to meet the conditions of the road and what ever other circumstances are out there.:thumbsup:

help me out guys......what's "C" mode? is that an aftermarket piece, new to Gen 2's?????

I would rather change the way I ride during wet weather. My bike has only been through the modes once and it was when I was sitting there. Ive never rode in anything but A mode.

help me out guys......what's "C" mode? is that an aftermarket piece, new to Gen 2's?????

C mode is short for "see". It's used when you pass all slower bikes and they in turn say "see, I knew the busa is fastest"!:laugh:

There is also the abc power modes, C being least!

I'm in agreement with all the arguments against using it (C mode), but I'm wondering if the reason Suzuki included it on the 'busa doesn't have something to do with those who might use it as a sport-touring machine.

All conditions encountered including ice, heavy rain, etc. Anybody can mess up and get heavy handed at times and maybe those 3 options will help those riders...if the technology is there why not use it? Also, I'm wondering why they put the same 3 mode set-up on the gixxer-1k...track condition options?

Back