Myrtle Beach Bike Week 2011

I am thinking about coming up from Florida. I have always been concerned abt bike theft going to these things tho :(

I rented a beach house back in Sept, down near garden City. it had a perfect spot under the house to park the bike and block it with my truck. I covered the bike up every night. I have no insurance and they want $200 a month for collision.
The price wasnt bad at all

IMG_7831.jpg

Didn't the town pass all kinds of anti-motorcyle laws because of bike week? I was wondering if they were going overboard in enforcing them or if they are just putting them on the books in the event that they actually need them if things got out of hand there.

That's Myrtle Beach. Most of Memorial Day Bike Week happens outside Myrtle Beach. I usually go down for a day trip.

We rented a beach front condo with eight rooms for a week last year. We only wind up paying $300 a piece for the whole week. They lifted the helmet law since then within Mrytle beach but everyone is probably going to be on the out skirts of there again.

I didn't have the bike last year, but I was down there on vacation during black bike week. A lot of cool stuff for sure

Anthony- You thinking of rolling out there from Brooklyn?

Yup, I'm 95% going. I already have a room booked. Kinda happened by coincidence. I got a solicitation for one of those time share things. Turns out one of the locations was Myrtle Beach. I booked for Memorial day weekend and turns out the resort (Bay Watch) is like right in the middle of everything. Only costing me $159 for 4 days 3 nights. Im gonna get a Uhaul trailer and pull the Busa down. I was also thinking of hitting up the Tail of the dragon on my way back North. Everythings contingent on when I get back from Iraq. So far it's looking like mid/late April....

Back