myrtle beach bike week

Blu bu welcome to the board

Busa Brother, you're in richnmond--you ride with a club there? I toll up that way quite a bit to ride .... hit me up when it gets warm again

I will be there about 30 deep from Oklahoma, got all my stuff being dipped as I type
bump.gif
umnik.gif

I just might make it out this year. There is guy in tadcoma who goes every year. I will have to play it by ear a little.

Thinker load that sucka up on a trailer and roll on down to the carolinas...The first drink will be on me!

Hey Dezzy, got a question.  Have you stayed at the Quality Inn before.  $50 a night seems very good as most others are charging way over $100.  

How about security?, parking deck?, ground floor rooms with doors on the outside (so you can pull your ride inside for the night), or any other motorcycle friendly features?  I'm going down this year at last but I'm worried about my bike.  The theft rate, especially during the second week, have gotten pretty bad.  Most of the stores on the strip close down during the second week due to the high crime rate (shop lifting, fights, roberies, etc.)

Disc locks or some other great product do no good when a couple of asses put your ride on two skateboards and push it into a U-Haul.  Yeah, it's that bad.  So, I would like to avoid the hassle of capping some bastard trying to rip off my ride.
Any info on where to stay cheap but protected would be appreciated.  Thanks, Chris

Hey Dezzy, got a question.  Have you stayed at the Quality Inn before.  $50 a night seems very good as most others are charging way over $100.  

How about security?, parking deck?, ground floor rooms with doors on the outside (so you can pull your ride inside for the night), or any other motorcycle friendly features?  I'm going down this year at last but I'm worried about my bike.  The theft rate, especially during the second week, have gotten pretty bad.  Most of the stores on the strip close down during the second week due to the high crime rate (shop lifting, fights, roberies, etc.)

Disc locks or some other great product do no good when a couple of asses put your ride on two skateboards and push it into a U-Haul.  Yeah, it's that bad.  So, I would like to avoid the hassle of capping some bastard trying to rip off my ride.
Any info on where to stay cheap but protected would be appreciated.  Thanks, Chris
Actually I'm familiar with the hotel, and its typically about $150 a night during bike week. But i always reserve my room early (oct) so I have never paid over $55 for a room.

As for the shops closing down, thats mostly a myth. Most shop owners will tell you thats the biggest weekend of the season and they can't afford to close down. Last year there was a lot of hype about store closings and a petition... One of the places that was stated as closing down was bobo's resturant, which i know is false because i'm there every year helping to host a bike party last year over 500 people attended.. So as far as i can tell, and I'm a regular, the shop closing thing is a myth.

As for bike security.... keep an eye on your bike and lock it when you are not rolling it. At night, sometimes i poull it back on the trailer or lock it to the trailer, which is lock to the SUV.

Whenever there's tens of thousands of bikes in one place, there's gonna be some thefts.. Keep it locked is my best advice, and pull your key out even if you are leaving a chick on it..Saw a chick pull off on a guys bike one year when he left her on with the key in the switch to run in the store...Man I know he hated explaining that to the wife.

I've always had a great time, but i lock my stuff up(most hotels WILL NOT let you pull a bike in. So get a good chain you can carry in your trunk, with the abundance of unlocked bikes, most thieves are gonna waste time trying to mess with an unlocked bike. And many hotels have security working the parking lot.

As far as hotel reservations go to www.travelocity.com and check the rates they are always gonna be cheaper than calling the hotel and booking. Once you narrow it down let me know and i'll tell you what i know about the hotel.

Peace Dez

yeah and get up with me sometime so we can ride before we go down.

One other thing... Most hotel have frequent stayers membership clubs that are free to join.. Join one before you go and that will give you a discount as well.
cool.gif

Back