What kind of gas do you use?

Octane Level

• Total voters
Oh and as a for a Gen2, dont know yet, i still have my Gen1

Waste of time and Money with a injected bike!
When you store the bike, the seafoam is ok,

Can you enlighten me with your uneducated opinion on seafoam being used with ethanol fuels?

When Sea Foam Motor Treatment is added at 1 ounce per gallon to commonly available 10% & 15 % blended Ethanol fuels as recommended, Sea Foam:

•Adds lubrication for upper cylinders and vital fuel system components
•Dries moisture and works as an anti-gel
•Cleans fuel system residue
•Stabilizes fuel for up to 2 years or more
•Cleans deposits from pistons, heads & valves as the engine is run
1.Ethanol tends to strip engine oil from cylinder walls and can be harsh on exposed surfaces & components that require lubrication. Sea Foam is oil, adding lubrication to upper cylinders that will prolong the life of your engine.
2.Ethanol absorbs moisture which needs to be removed from the Ethanol. Sea Foam controls moisture in fuel and helps prevent phase separation.
3.Ethanol blended fuel leaves deposits which periodically need to be cleaned. Sea Foam helps clean fuel systems and helps clean deposits from valves and combustion chambers inside your engine.
4.Ethanol deteriorates as fast as non-ethanol fuel, the need to stabilize remains. Sea Foam is an effective and safe fuel stabilizer.

GenII, 91 octane most of the time. Ocasionally a BP will have 92 octane, and most all stations around these parts have up to 15% ethanol blended even with premium.

The cheap stuff. Never seems to make a difference.

And got 52 mpg the other day on the '08 with -1T to a 42T. :thumbsup: Awesome.

I'll stick with my 89,according to Brock and a few of the top tuners/engine builders in the country 89 makes the most power in a Gen II with no detonation issues whatsoever.

...carry on.:thumbsup:

Sea Foam:laugh: I have a friend who touts that stuff so often I wonder if he don`t take a shot himself every morning???
I be more apt to add a tablespoon of `mystery oil`...both my lawn mowers get a shot every fill up.

Bump, I want to know if this sea form stuff really works and where to buy!

Sent from my busa!

You will get different opinions about seafoam. I was introuduced to Seafoam by a well respected mechanic over 20 years ago. Since then I have only had great results from it and those I told Seafoam about, are users to this day of it.
Just google seafoam and you will get plenty of information about it.

You can buy it at most auto parts stores and Wallyworld.

lankeeyankee said:
You will get different opinions about seafoam. I was introuduced to Seafoam by a well respected mechanic over 20 years ago. Since then I have only had great results from it and those I told Seafoam about, are users to this day of it.
Just google seafoam and you will get plenty of information about it.

You can buy it at most auto parts stores and Wallyworld.

Ok, how often do you use it.

Sent from my busa!

Use the minimum your owner's manual tells you to use. Gen I busas will run just fine on 87. In my area, we have 86 and 88. I tried 86 and it doesn't work quite as well as 88 so I use 88.

Anything else is a a waste of money at best and can impair performance at worst. I've never heard of anyone damaging their engine from using gas with too high octane, however, excessive octane in engines not built for it could get damaged, I suppose.

Part of the problem comes from the use of the term, "premium." There is nothing really premium about the 91 octane but marketing guys know that if they keep using that term, people will buy it, not knowing what it really means.

The only time I ever used higher octane fuel was when I thought I knew what I was doing and was attempting to troubleshoot a problem with the way the motor was running. As it turned out, I was only making "the problem" worse.

Our bikes are fuel injected and computer tuned on a moment by moment basis but you should use the "right" gas as spec'd out by the engineers who built the thing.

Sea Foam is good for occasional use. It can help keep your fuel injectors and fuel system from having clogging issues or if your injectors start to get gummed up, it can clear a minor problem. It's not a good thing to use it in every tank of gas or at least, it doesn't help to do so.

In all cases when judging the effects of Sea Foam or gasoline, make a change for at least two tanks of gas before making any decisions about what good or harm you're doing.

--Wag--

I'll stick with my 89,according to Brock and a few of the top tuners/engine builders in the country 89 makes the most power in a Gen II with no detonation issues whatsoever.

...carry on.:thumbsup:

I didn't know that. I pay about 40 cents a gallon more for premium because that's what Zuki recommends. The Gen II unlike the Gen I can run ethanol. Around here I typically get the premium with NO ethanol. Ethanol reduces fuel mileage too, not that many of us care :laugh:

From memory Zuki states 90+ for the Gen II. Around here you have 87, 89, 93

Back