What kind of gas do you use?

Octane Level

• Total voters
You probably need the 98 in the UK it probably amounts to 91 or 93 US. The calculations are different.

Only the best is good enough for my toy, I go with the more expensive choice and I follow suzuki's word. They know better

I try to use 91 in my gen2 but it can be tough to find out on the road. Does anyone know if Mode C would be better if I have to burn 87 octane? Does Mode C change the timing favorably for lower octane?

Also, I think pinging usually happens when "lugging" an engine so I try to keep the rpms up by shifting differently if I run 87.

Always ran 87 in my old gen1.

I always opt for the higher Octane when I can. My local Gas Station has 91 Octane non oxygenated. Can't say I notice a difference between and the regular old 87 with ethanol but I figure for an extra $1.50 to $2.00 per fill why not.

I try to use 91 in my gen2 but it can be tough to find out on the road. Does anyone know if Mode C would be better if I have to burn 87 octane? Does Mode C change the timing favorably for lower octane?

Also, I think pinging usually happens when "lugging" an engine so I try to keep the rpms up by shifting differently if I run 87.

Always ran 87 in my old gen1.

87 is fine in A mode. I even use it at the drag strip if I'm not planning to run nitrous.

The poll needs to be updated to include "other". We just switched my buddy's bike over to E40 last night. He has run E85 in the past but the stock injectors wouldn't support the additional fuel for that plus more fuel for nitrous.

Only 91 gas my busa has ever seen was the half tank the dealer put in. 87 Every since then 6000 mi no problems.

Back