What kind of fuel do you run?

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
What kind of fuel do you guys run with your turbo application? What is the advantages & disadvantages to , let's say using 110 leaded, or using 93 pump gas? I hear 110 is much safer, & you can run more boost?

Thanks

Cody
coffee.gif

(kawiboy11 @ May 21 2007,12:23) What kind of fuel do you guys run with your turbo application?  What is the advantages & disadvantages to , let's say using 110 leaded, or using 93 pump gas?  I hear 110 is much safer, & you can run more boost?

Thanks

Cody  
coffee.gif
Unleaded wioll burn out your O2 sensors. If you are racing you need 100 unleaded at least. 93 will e fine for the roads. Always good to add a little Oct boost.

If you are really pushing hard the higher the octain the better. Mix unleaded with leaded. This will help you to avoid the Boom.

what about a lead deposit? I only put in 93 but its mostly because I can't find anything else. I was out in Iowa over the weekend and unless I was directly off the expressway I could find anything higher than 90! And that was loaded with Ethanol! I thought octane boosters were crap?

they are setting my bike up to run 110 leaded, they say it's safer & you can run more boost!

beerchug.gif

(kawiboy11 @ May 22 2007,16:28) they are setting my bike up to run 110 leaded, they say it's safer & you can run more boost!

beerchug.gif
this is true but I'm assuming you don't plan on riding it much considering the gas prices and where you can find 110.

(Jibit @ May 23 2007,04:09)
(Cloud9 @ May 23 2007,09:27) I am running 12PSI on 91 octane... YOU can't get 93 in Denver; 91 is considered premium.
stock motor?
nope...

JE Pistons, spacer, corrillo rods, intercooled, etc...

RCC Stage II Turbo. I should be able to run 15 PSI with 91 Octane, but I am doing 12 to be on the safe side. I have an LM-1 and she actually runs a little rich under boost.

(Jibit @ May 23 2007,05:39)
(kawiboy11 @ May 22 2007,16:28) they are setting my bike up to run 110 leaded, they say it's safer & you can run more boost!

beerchug.gif
this is true but I'm assuming you don't plan on riding it much considering the gas prices and where you can find 110.
Well, I won't be taking cross country rides that's forsure! It's alot harder to find that gas, especially where I live! The price is on $5.40 a gallon here for 110 Leaded Sunco, & normal 92 octane here in Omaha is $3.60! With the turbo system , it has strictly become a toy,

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(Cloud9 @ May 23 2007,11:52)
(Jibit @ May 23 2007,04:09)
(Cloud9 @ May 23 2007,09:27) I am running 12PSI on 91 octane... YOU can't get 93 in Denver; 91 is considered premium.
stock motor?
nope...

JE Pistons, spacer, corrillo rods, intercooled, etc...

RCC Stage II Turbo. I should be able to run 15 PSI with 91 Octane, but I am doing 12 to be on the safe side. I have an LM-1 and she actually runs a little rich under boost.
sounds like she would be a little on the wild side to ride "cloud9"!

firedevil.gif

I run the $3.10 a gallon kind.
firedevil.gif
   87 octane, but no turbo....sorry just read area.

I run 93 with stock compression with h20 injection and a half bar spring

(kawiboy11 @ May 23 2007,06:31)
(fstbusa @ May 23 2007,16:28) I run 93 with stock compression with h20 injection and a half bar spring
o i c, that's like a different language to me man!
1 bar ~ 14.7lbs

half bar is 7.3 lbs boost

water injection is used to cool the intake temp to prevent detonation.
egitarre77.gif

(Jibit @ May 21 2007,21:47) what about a lead deposit?  I only put in 93 but its mostly because I can't find anything else.  I was out in Iowa over the weekend and unless I was directly off the expressway I could find anything higher than 90!  And that was loaded with Ethanol!  I thought octane boosters were crap?
Boosters will work. Also easy to make. Formula is around here sowewhere. not the best thing to use but when you can't get the gas. Always a good idea to keep some in your hump if you can.

Back