What kind of fuel do you run?

98 RON unleaded pump gas on 6psi intercooled.

There is a 100 RON unleaded premium from Shell here at the pump but they get the extra octane with a 5% alco blend so I'm not really sure about this one.

Never had a prob with the 98, every station in the country has it so it's not an issue.

Cheers
Ross

no stations here have 98? Where are you at?
firedevil.gif

(kawiboy11 @ May 21 2007,23:28) they are setting my bike up to run 110 leaded, they say it's safer & you can run more boost!

beerchug.gif
Good if you are only going to race. Fat chance finding 110 if you are out riding. Best never to set the bike to 110 but use as much as you can for top spped runs.

Plus you can only run enough boost that the motor allows.

(kawiboy11 @ Jun. 08 2007,00:02) just stock injectors for now,

cody
I hate to be the guy to toss stones, but the guys you are using for tuning don't sound to great. You will never get that out of stock injectors. They will tap out. even 275s will tap out after 12lbs. S2000 run great on the high side but not good for strolling around. If you are setting the bike for 110oct you should at least go with 320 injectors.

(kawiboy11 @ Jun. 11 2007,00:36) no stations here have 98?  Where are you at?
firedevil.gif
Australia:

At the pumps Standard=93RON, Premium=98RON, Super Premium=100RON.

Lead fuel only sold as Avgas, either 110 or 100LL

Cheers
Ross

Ok, so what about running 100 unleaded fuel? I can get that right out of the pump. So you say 110 leaded will plug up the injectors? I have a friend of mine, who has a 99 busa, with 1397, stock injectors and he runs 110 leaded with no problem.

let me know,

Cody
beerchug.gif

I can't see any reason why leaded fuel would have any effect on injectors. The only injector issue I have ever read about is that some plastics and O rings will not like alcho blends above 10%.

However leaded fuel will effect things with Platinum, like Platinum tipped plugs, cat converters and many 02 sensors.

I have seen this happen doing mineral survey out in the bush. When some of the local communities only sell Avgas and diesel to combat gas sniffing problems (Avgas dosen't get you high).

Dumbass tourists take a modern gas powered 4WD or sedan out back, fill up on Avgas and wonder why the thing runs like crap at the end of the tank.

You can get away with it for a short time but you want to start cutting it with regular ASAP.

Oh, if you can get your hands on surplus Avtur (JetA1) our Toyota Landcrusier diesels went fine for thousands of miles on jet fuel. Just mix 2 litres of engine oil with every 44gal drum for pump lubrication. It saved us ordering  different fuel types out bush. Just used the aircraft fuel for the diesels.

Cheers
Ross

(kawiboy11 @ Jun. 10 2007,22:24) Ok, so what about running 100 unleaded fuel?  I can get that right out of the pump.  So you say 110 leaded will plug up the injectors?  I have a friend of mine, who has a 99 busa, with 1397, stock injectors and he runs 110 leaded with no problem.

let me know,

Cody  
beerchug.gif
It si not the lead to worry about just in the injectors but the amount of fuel you are pushing through the injectors. Stock injectors will not accomidate the boost.

Back