What handgun provides the best acceleration in a Hayabusa?

Kirk, this state has a concealed handgun license and it's good in three other states. But when your out enjoying the open road and busting a few laws, (which a few of us do from time to time) the cops here will push to have the license pulled. So why get one, RIDE ON!

My favorite carry gun is a 45 ACP Stainless Colt Commander. I like the 41 mags stopping power (I have 2 of them) but a 6-shot wheel gun is too bulky. If you don't want to spend the big bucks the Tarus snub-nose 38 loaded with +P ammo or Black Talons (if you can find them) packs a hell of a punch. Again I like the stainless for carry as it resists rust.

Remember, I'd rather have it and not need it, then...

Just my 2 cents, you milage may differ :-)

BigDog- It's okay, it doesn't have to be sexy. If you are comfortable and proficient with it, then that's cool. Interesting that you should use the word "weigh" in the same sentance as you mention the Defender. I also like them. I have owned 2. They have a forged aluminum reciever that makes them about a pound lighter than an 870. They kick like thunder with magnum buckshot and are downright brutal with magnum slugs. Make sure to get a Laser Products dedicated fore-end with a lithium powered tactical light. It's really important. I can explain why if you want. I can also tell you the geneology of the .40 Short & Weak if you want...I mean .40 Smith & Wesson. God bless.

Dana- I think you are getting a little mixed up. Police officers are not soldiers. Two completely different jobs. I never swore to put anybodys safety before my own. What good am I to someone else if I allow myself to become injured or killed. The first rule in law enforcement is "Go home at the end of your shift". How could you fault a guy for following the first rule?

I love the entire line of kahr pistols, they are made like rolex's and have a silky DA pull.
However when compared head to head with the glock 26 and 27 they always take a back seat.
My current deap concealment package is a 27 with the pierce plus one floorplate, meprolite sights, and stoked with 135gr corbons.
Although wider and thicker than the kahr in the grip, I enjoy a total capacity of 11rds to the kahr's 7 in the same size package.

Yeah, the Kahr is just quality...

As for the conceal carry laws, in Texas you're allowed to carry it loaded without a locked slide. Also, a friend that was a police officer informed me of something that I knew nothing about...there's an old (and I mean OLD...circa 1900) Texas law that states that you can carry a gun with you if you're crossing more than 3 counties on a trip...that's without a carry permit. Interesting stuff...

As for disliking cops, they've done me a hell of lot more good than bad and most of them are seriously interested in helping folks...I'll stand behind a police officer long before I'll attack him for anything.

BigDog

I won't argue calibur.Manufacturer is a personal preferance.But if you want the ultimate in stopping power,bar none,use MAG-SAFE ammo.Nothing even comes close. A .380 with mag-safe made a woundchannel in ballistic gelatin almost twice the size of a .45 with corbons.The .45 with mag-safe ammo in it blew the block of gelatin off the bench.You could stick your entire hand in the wound channel!This ammo is low rcoil because it uses bullets that are light for caliber,but have extremely high velocity.They also do not over penetrate.This stuff is top shelf,if you're serious check it out.

Hey danaT, I think you're on the wrong page pal. pissin' contests are conducted on labusas.org. At least stupid ones like you're trying to instigate.

Yeah, I know. I would never recomend that anyone carry one of those things. I feel a little silly carrying it myself. I am just gun-sitting, and the only time I wear it is when I would go without otherwise. I figure in a gunfight, you empty the little bugger into the bad guy, and then wrestle him to the ground until he bleeds out.

Glock 27 with hydrashocks. Accurate, small and reliable. When applicable a SIG 220, galco shoulder rig(nice), two spare clips, all loaded with TALONS...remember them??

Dave

I can't really imagine a NEED to carry a firearm while riding unless you intend to start trouble and have the firepower to back it up. That would, of course, place you firmly in the total jack-off catagory.

On a side note, keeping your firearm in/on your bike in the event of an attempted gun-point theft would merely render you bikeless and gunless at the same time. And don't try to tell me that if some wank walked/drove/whatever up to you with a gun pointed at your head you'd try to outdraw them. Good luck explaining to the cops who find your bike(if you're lucky enough) why there was a gun in/on it. Or, if they don't find it, then you get to explain how it was lost. (being the law abiding citizens I know you all are, you'd tell the truth about all of this, wouldn't you?)

For those of you who will no doubt feel this is a ranting flame and decide to fire back, I do own a firearm which is registered. And no, it's not a .22, so don't go there.

While we're all out looking for a fire fight to get involved in, or a criminal to subdue, or to protect our freedom, or whatever we do with our guns in public, I'd like to express my concern about the implied level of violence we've all aparently decided is not only necessary, but approprite.

Go out and shoot someone for real and then tell me how macho it was, okay? Police need not apply.

I have no illusions about any of this. Guys, and some women, just seem to like the power and destructive potential that comes from owning a firearm and that feeling of security you get from knowing you have it on you and that you know how to use it. I just doubt how much anyone is prepared to actually shoot another person, no matter what the situation. It breeds fear and bad judgement.

Damn, there I go, running for public office again.

Hey insinu8, refer to the 4th of july thread. You might learn something about the role firearms has played in the lives of americans since day one. Did you pay your dues to the brady foundation this month.
Listen up maggot, firearms are a way of life. As essential as electricity and running water to me. They are the very foundation of a free society. As far as taking a human life with a firearm, macho is not how you feel afterwards.

kirk,yes I belong to the fcsa.I am a ex-jarhead,long time reloader,big into shooting sports.I know by todays standards that makes me a bad person. by the way the fcsa. is a small organiztion,what made you ask?

Back