What handgun provides the best acceleration in a Hayabusa?

Dang! I've never had a computer go full auto before! I'm glad Intel doesn't build combat firearms or I'd be dead by now. Maybe it's my state of the art 3bps connection. Or maybe there's just too many buttons here for a simple man like me. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Kirk (edited 25 June 2000).]

Hmmm...interesting topic...

The wife conceals a Kahr 40 and I vary between the Kahr 40 and a Ruger P89 (I know, it's not sexy, but I like it).

If you haven't checked out the Kahr conceal line, check it out at http://www.kahr.com -- not a better conceal carry gun around. They only hold 7 rounds, but the 40 caliber is a decent stopper.

As for the comment about the household protection, I would like to weigh in for the Winchester Defender 1300 with the pistol grip...gotta love it.

While guns won't solve all manners of dispute and cause unique "hidden yet convenient" challenges when you have children, I'm still a firm believer. That said, concealing can backfire and your gun can actually be used against you if you're not careful.

My two cents...

BigDog

Kirk,

I am somewhat disillusioned about your comments and your profession. You reffered to shooting someone as "turning them off". You simply don't "tirn them off". That shows nothing but calousness towards the people you have sworn to serve and protect.

When an officer takes that oath, he agrees to put the publics safety before his own. Many times i feel that police are trigger happy (lets see 4 officers, one guy with a knife, and a justified shooting by the police... I would think four cops could take down one suspect). Many times what police justify as "personal safety" for reasons why they leave a situation would have an 18 year old soldier in prison for cowardice.

Ok, well enough of my ranting. Maybe show a little respect toward the public YOU SERVE (they don't serve you).

-Dana

Gary- I am currently baby-sitting one of my mom's guns. It is one of those Taurus lightweight aluminum 5 shot .38 snubbys in black. I've been feeding it Cor-Bon 110 +P+ JHPs. I must confess that as much as I hate J-frames, I did go buy a nice Galco ankle rig, and I can wear it all day and just forget that it's there. God bless.

[This message has been edited by Kirk (edited 26 June 2000).]

Or another question to ask...

What good is a cop who has total disregard for the law.

"I saw an indicated 205mph before a gust of wind just about blew the front wheel out from under me"

Oooops my mistake, I am sure it was on a closed circuit, or that your state has the 180 mph speed limits. Maybe you were in Germany for the day. I dunno.

And to think, a cop has the nerve to issue a speeding, wreckless driving, or other ticket...

How the rules don't apply to all...it all depends upon what the definition of "is" is. A very impressive showing by a cop. Please don't chatise people for smoking some weed if you insist on using public streets as a playground that only police can get away with. And cops wonder why many people regard them just as highly as lawyers. Bad cops (criminals with badges) ruin the reputation of police who truely want to serve the public.

-Dana

Cisco- I must have read the California laws wrong. The way that I read it, I could carry my pistol locked in the hump empty with the slide locked back and my bike's spare key in the lock cylinder, and I could carry a loaded stick on my hip. If you need it fast, you anchor the brakes, put the sidestand down (which kills the motor), and jump off. Twist the key to pop the hump, grab the pistol, shove the loaded stick in, trip it off slide stop to chamber the first round, and you are good to go. I figure about 3 seconds after the rear wheel hits the ground, you could break your first shot. Most gunfights are over in about 3 seconds, but that is the best I could figure out with out being licensed in California.

Dana, you are making some major assumptions. As a Police officer, I would never speed on a public road. That would be hypocritical. Try switching to decaf.

Oops. I guess I should 'fess up. I guess I should have added the words "on purpose" to my last post. I did speed on accident and got a ticket once when my wife and I were on our way down off Mt. Hood after a back breaking day of volunteer search and rescue looking for a lost child. I was really tired, and wasn't paying attention and going downhill, my speed crept up. I did not "badge" the guy, and I was cited and convicted. I never claimed to be a saint, in fact I even have a criminal record. God bless.

Better read the Latest in carrying a weapon in your car/bike in California, a loaded clip is concidered a loaded gun,depends on the COP/CHP, the color of your skin, the way you look/dress. The cops can do anything to you and you have no say so.Sorry but he reached for his gun!!!!!!!!!I've been stop going to LA with a loaded gun in my car in Gilroy and the gun was exposed and the clip was in it and the CHP seen the gun and I also informed the CHP that I have a gun in the car and told him he can see it through the windows and since I drive a RX-7 there's no real trunk.The CHP guy was cool and his partner was a woman that use to train at Gold's Gym so they let me slide.

Don't carry on the bike. One more charge to add to the list after getting ripped for excessive speed. However in the car, a colt 45 can be found. A sweet choice i think.

Krik,

Now that you have pubicly state that speeding on a public road would by hypocrcy, please enlighten us as to where you run at that high of a speed on a closed circuit. I would assume you are in the pacific NW (Mt Hood). There aren't too many tracks that one can go that fast on so I would love to know where to do it at?

-Dana

A "shall issue" state is where they have to give you a concealed handgun license, and you don't have to give any reason for wanting one. If you are a convicted felon or criminally insane, you may not have one. It helps out, because I am not a police officer in Washington, but I like to go camping with Wifey and the dogs up in the San Juan Islands. I would strongly advise against breaking any firearms laws.

Dana, stick to spouting tech talk regarding metallurgy and various other subjects that you are proficient in.
Your truncated ego and extreme leftist viewpoints are sickening to listen to. Dont bother responding with some redundant pile of dogshit, a war of words bores the hell out of me. Instead go gaze dreamily into the mirror and marvel at what a specimen you are. Have you ever considered doing motivational seminars? I'm sure you could keep an audience captivated with your staggering intellectual capacity and hard hitting delivery. Hell, between the properties of hyper alloys and your porsche you've always managed to keep me mesmerized.

Omega,

First, I would need to say that I am far from the left. In fact I think the govt should get and keep out of the personal lives of everyone. They do not know what is best. As far as my dislike for cops: thats easy with my attitude. Any form of government that is corropt should be gotten rid of by any mean necassary.

I am sorry you are so jealous though. Maybe one of these days if you listen you may actually learn something from me. I least say what i beileve an you nor anyone else will change what I believe. I don't spout off about spending my life enforcing laws just to turn around and brag about breaking them. As you can see Kirk has not opened that bike up to an indicated 205 on a track. If so what track?

And let me see Omega, weren't you the one spewing the greatness of the 12 for months on end? And what do you ride now, I seem to have forgotten?

At least Omega, I have what I say I have and do what I say I do. I doubt that half these people in here do half of what they say.

I don't become involved in the gun debates because they don't have any relevance to a Hayabusa. And to complicate issues if i did or did not have a gun and if i did or did not carry it (most guns are not legally carried) I sure wouldn't say so over the net. That invtes problems.

-Dana

Warning for California Riders Carrying weapons"handgun",the Law states that the weapon has to be empty with no bullets in the chamber or clip or cyclinder.The gun has to be seperated from the bullet and in a locked bag. No bullets in the clip or that would be concidered as a loaded weapon.Can't be in the glove compartment even if it's locked cause that will be concidered as concelled weapon.The gun has to be in the truck/hump/saddle bag.Now tell me how you are going to protect yourself if someone comes up to your window or bike with their gun or knife and tells you to hand over your bike or car!!!!!! Can't even get a concealed weapon permit with out a legal reason in California. You need to be a Jewerly store owner,bank carrier, money carrier,gun store owner,etc.
You also should go throught a gun safety coarse and get a certificate before getting a conceal weapon permit

I ride a 2000 blue/silver, 440 dry, 176rwhp.
What do you ride? I seemed to have forgotten also.

Back