Hosed at the gun shop!

Rongotti

Registered
So I am looking at getting a S&W bodyguard 38 or .380 as a concealed carry weapon. I currently have a Glock 33 with a lasermax attachment and an extended 13 round mag for it. Love the gun but unfortunately it is just too bulky for me to conceal. This gun store in Jville has the bodyguards on sale the 38 for $439 and the .380 for $399. I also was looking at an FN 57 to buy as a collectible; this would run about $1,000. Since I was going to be spending $1,400+ I thought I would inquire how much they would offer for trade in for my Glock, the guy wanted me to name a price but I refused. He came back with an offer of $300 I was appalled! ??? A new Glock is between $500 and $600 and the Lasermax is $250 to $300 I must say I was expecting about $500. Was I wrong in my assumption? Or was the guy trying to lowball me? Once I balked at selling the Glock for $300 he was trying to up sell me the $1,000 FN as a carry weapon, which is comical that it is twice the size of my Glock. Sorry just needed to vent! I was pretty :soapbox: last night

sounds like he didn't really want to do any business... or he's just stoopid.???

Ever watch Pawn Stars? Catch yourself screaming at the TV for the guy not to sell his heirloom for pennies on the dollar? But then they always do?

Well, i find gun shops, car dealers, jewelery stores as well as pawn shops will try to buy your stuff for the cheapest they can. So they are able turn as big a profit as they can.

You werent being lowballed, he was just doing business And if you needed the money from your glock bad enough to make your other purchases you would have sold it to him........

No matter how loud i screamed at the TV!!! D'oh!

Talk to Blanca Busa he can tell you what the Glock is really worth.

I never sell a gun once I buy one.

I'm gonna quit buying jewelry for my wife because guns hold their value much better.

Hey Nick, I love Pawn Stars.

Glocks are a dime a dozen. I don't think it was too far off base. The guy proably wants to make a 100 to 150 bucks on the resale, that said if you where buying new guns I would think he would give you a better trade in offer.

Talk to Blanca Busa he can tell you what the Glock is really worth.

I never sell a gun once I buy one.

I agree with ya on not selling. I'm the same with a bike!

A brand new Glock Gen I can be worth a few bucks to a collector! I got one! :laugh:

I'm gonna quit buying jewelry for my wife because guns hold their value much better.

Hey Nick, I love Pawn Stars.

Yeah that show is interesting, funny and ticks me off all at the same time!

@ Ace Yea I guess i wasnt thinking of the gunstore as a pawn shop but I guess they are doing the same thing

@Sky I usually dont either, I solf my first gun ever it was a Baretta 96FS and I miss the heck out of it :(

@ Got-Busa Unfortunately; it is the biggest, closest and best gun store in N. Florida. But I am definitely going to check out their competitor

Don't sell guns...I'll tell you from experience, I regret everyone I sell~!~

A year later I'm asking myself, why did I do that~?~

Why not take the laser and extended clip off and make the 33 more concealable.

It is a subcompact, right?

@ Blanca I think Heavy is right I think it it sht extended clip hanging off.
@ Heavy the laser is the one that replaces the spring in the pistol so it is internal.

I have a leather holster and the whole set up is just too bulky. I agree that it is small but it is thick. Kind of like the para Ordinance Warthog I always wanted, it is the smalles .45 I have ever seen but the thing is like 4" thick. The bodyguard .380 is about 1.5" thick. I thoguht about losing the extended clip for the Glock and losing the holster but the laser cuts on and off by slide lock. When you wear it without a holster it cuts the laser on by accident and kills the battery. :(

I'm well familiar with Lasermax . Never really been a fan of lasers as by the time you draw turn that thing on and look for the red dot I will have already drawn and placed two in your chest and one in your head (less than a second)
Sell the Lasermax as it's just bling and serves no purpose in real world self defense.

Look into a Don Hume H721 holster. It's a high ride forward can't thumbreak that will hold gun nice and snug as well as in .

Buy a Ruger Sp101 w/2 1/4 in barrel in .357 if you want a nice lil revo !

Worlds best ccw! Thinnest & lightest 9mm in the world! IF you can find one they run about $300

Kel-tec PF9

- Kel-Tec PF-9: "Daily Carry Handgun" Pt 1 by Nutnfancy[/url]

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@az I bought a KelTec 9mm subcompact back in 99, I did not like it for several reasons. Never went back
@blanca a friend with a .40 subcompact wants to buy it so maybe I will sell it to him.
Never looked at the Lugers I will have to check it out
Posted via Mobile Device

Finding the right holster makes or breaks comfort for any gun. And, by the way the most expensive is not always the best/most comfortable!

I have no problem with people who carry guns. Most people that carry a gun dont have the balls to shoot anyone anyways, and if you do shoot someone out of self defense odds are your still going to go to prison. My motto is, if you shoot someone, make sure you kill them, and if you pull a gun on someone, you better shoot them.

Back