Hosed at the gun shop!

Worlds best ccw! Thinnest & lightest 9mm in the world! IF you can find one they run about $300

Kel-tec PF9

- Kel-Tec PF-9: "Daily Carry Handgun" Pt 1 by Nutnfancy[/url]

Great to carry but have you ever wondered why no law enforcement agency depends on Kel-Tec as their defensive guns? They may operate or they may not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to carry but have you ever wondered why no law enforcement agency depends on Kel-Tec as their defensive guns? They may operate or they may not.

I agree 100%!
Baretta, Glock, Sig, H&K, S&W, Colt, FN all used by military, police, and federal departments throughout the world. One of the reasons I went for the Sig .357 is because the Secret Service carry it, I figured if it was good enough to protect the most important man in the world it was good enough to protect me.

Do you own a kel tec?

Yep, got 2 and I would never trust either one to shoot more than once if my life depended on it. Like I said they are nice sized for carry but they are not well made and thus, they do not functiom well enough to suit me. I hope the thug that I may have to battle one day is carrying a Kel Tec. At least then I will have the upper hand. I carry a Glock36 all day every day. I have no doubt in my mind that it will empty the magazine without failure every time I pull it. It has a documented 5827 rounds fired through it and the only failure its ever had is failing to eject a case that I neglected to charge with powder.
Posted via Mobile Device

Where you live....you need to carry a gun.???

Why not move to a less "gun-totin'" spot. ???

RSD.

my daily carry is a XD40 Tactical Sub. I love the hell outta it and i agree with blanc get rid of the laser. its just a cool thing and serves no puropose.

Where you live....you need to carry a gun.???

Why not move to a less "gun-totin'" spot. ???

RSD.

The need to have a gun can come at any time any place unfortunately. While the chances of that need are far less out in the country, crime still does happen in less rural areas. IN my city I live on the good side of town but the thugs from the bad side of town come there for easy targets. I always say "I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!". The two times I needed it I had it and I thank God every day that I did.

I agree, get rid of the laser and extended mag, I carry a Glock model 30 and love it, if you choose a smaller weapon go with the 38 over the 380. It will not jam and the ammo is a lot easier to find and a lot cheaper...Just my .02...

I agree, get rid of the laser and extended mag, I carry a Glock model 30 and love it, if you choose a smaller weapon go with the 38 over the 380. It will not jam and the ammo is a lot easier to find and a lot cheaper...Just my .02...

That is how I am leaning SMAC good points on both. I am thinking maybe I will buy the 38. I am going to maybe sell the laser to a friend, if I dont then maybe the Glock will become the new nightstand piece and the Sig (current nightstand piece) will get promoted to the living room.

Man I sure hope this site don't end up like twitter with people posting stuff like @Strife !

:laugh:

I have no problem with people who carry guns. Most people that carry a gun dont have the balls to shoot anyone anyways, and if you do shoot someone out of self defense odds are your still going to go to prison. My motto is, if you shoot someone, make sure you kill them, and if you pull a gun on someone, you better shoot them.

If you shoot someone in self defense you're not going to prison. And there are a lot of deaths by gun - so it seems to me there are plenty of folks with balls. Big ones...

S&W model 642 hammerless airweight in 38 +p or a Ruger model Sp101 hammerless in .357 are two excellent guns for what you need.

S&W model 642 hammerless airweight in 38 +p or a Ruger model Sp101 hammerless in .357 are two excellent guns for what you need.

Two nice packing pieces. I have a S&W 638 (shrouded hammer) and with 38 +P it's a handful. You need to practice with these size firearms (airweights particularly)with full power 357 mags as they are truly fire breathing dragons in these lightweight pistols. I have a S&W ported 686 and it tames the hot 357 loads. I've shot just about everything and the first time I shot a 357 airweight I had new found respect for the power of the 357 mag. That said it's amazing light weight gun.

The sp 101 is a much more comfortable shooting gun albeit much heavier.

Two nice packing pieces. I have a S&W 638 (shrouded hammer) and with 38 +P it's a handful. You need to practice with these size firearms (airweights particularly)with full power 357 mags as they are truly fire breathing dragons in these lightweight pistols. I have a S&W ported 686 and it tames the hot 357 loads. I've shot just about everything and the first time I shot a 357 airweight I had new found respect for the power of the 357 mag. That said it's amazing light weight gun.

The sp 101 is a much more comfortable shooting gun albeit much heavier.

I've got a S&W 49. It is a steel frame, nickle finish shrouded/bobbed hammer. Like you say is it a handfull. I also have a S&W 442 the is an alloy frame "airweight", satin nickel, Concealed hammer. Both are downright nasty to shoot with .38 +P+ loads. I've shot a later .357 version of the 442. with a titanium Cylinder. WoW

I've carried both for years. I qualified many times with both. The 25 and 50 yard shots in the qualification course were tough. You really realize the recoil on the airweight after shooting 20 or so +P+ rounds through it. I don't think I would want to try it with the .357 in an airweight.

SW640_lg405.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

Ever watch Pawn Stars? Catch yourself screaming at the TV for the guy not to sell his heirloom for pennies on the dollar? But then they always do?

Well, i find gun shops, car dealers, jewelery stores as well as pawn shops will try to buy your stuff for the cheapest they can. So they are able turn as big a profit as they can.

You werent being lowballed, he was just doing business And if you needed the money from your glock bad enough to make your other purchases you would have sold it to him........

I couldn't agree with you more...

anyone that is buying from you...to resell, has to buy it for less than they can re-sell it for.

If you paid, $500 for a gun and you can buy a used one for $300. the gun dealer or pawn shop has to offer you less than that. When I worked at the pawn shop we would offer 50% of what we could sell it for.....

Back