Hosed at the gun shop!

Sell the Lasermax as it's just bling and serves no purpose in real world self defense.

I agree! In my opinion, most uses for a CCW will be up close and personal. There have been numerous reports concerning CCW use and it is usually 12' or less, with 3 to 4 rounds fired. I remember a FBI report concerning this, no I don't have a link. It's never like in the movies.......That's what I practice at the range......easy draw, 2 or 3 quick shots, 8' to 15' away. progressively.

I like the revolver as a personal defense item. I used to have a spurless S&W .38, I loved that one. Wished I didn't sell it.

I've got a S&W 49. It is a steel frame, nickle finish shrouded/bobbed hammer. Like you say is it a handfull. I also have a S&W 442 the is an alloy frame "airweight", satin nickel, Concealed hammer. Both are downright nasty to shoot with .38 +P+ loads. I've shot a later .357 version of the 442. with a titanium Cylinder. WoW

I've carried both for years. I qualified many times with both. The 25 and 50 yard shots in the qualification course were tough. You really realize the recoil on the airweight after shooting 20 or so +P+ rounds through it. I don't think I would want to try it with the .357 in an airweight.

Those are awesome pieces...especially the steel frame #49....nice.

+1 on tell the laser bye bye. I regularly carry a g27 in either sob or shoulder. If I don't have that one there's a ruger lcp in one of my pockets. Never did care a lot for the pocket pistols but I replaced the recoil spring with a heavier one and a Lil feed ramp polishing and I trust the lil lcp just as much as the glock or any other weapon.
Posted via Mobile Device

+1 on tell the laser bye bye. I regularly carry a g27 in either sob or shoulder. If I don't have that one there's a ruger lcp in one of my pockets. Never did care a lot for the pocket pistols but I replaced the recoil spring with a heavier one and a Lil feed ramp polishing and I trust the lil lcp just as much as the glock or any other weapon.
Posted via Mobile Device

You should try the Cross Breed holster for that G27. It is the most comfortable and concealable holster that I have ever tried with the mini Glocks.

SuperTuck Deluxe

Definitely check it out, thanks. I buy holsters all the time,take em home and run around the house and yard.mat of them end up being given to someone else though
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, got 2 and I would never trust either one to shoot more than once if my life depended on it. Like I said they are nice sized for carry but they are not well made and thus, they do not functiom well enough to suit me. I hope the thug that I may have to battle one day is carrying a Kel Tec. At least then I will have the upper hand. I carry a Glock36 all day every day. I have no doubt in my mind that it will empty the magazine without failure every time I pull it. It has a documented 5827 rounds fired through it and the only failure its ever had is failing to eject a case that I neglected to charge with powder.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine has functioned flawlessly, no ftf fte or anything of the sort. I cant comment on the .380's but there have been numerous times on the range that the guys next to me and their "beloved" glocks/xd's fail. Additionally, the prices for these fanboy centerpieces are upwards of $500...

I agree, get rid of the laser and extended mag, I carry a Glock model 30 and love it, if you choose a smaller weapon go with the 38 over the 380. It will not jam and the ammo is a lot easier to find and a lot cheaper...Just my .02...

So I removed the laser and a buddy wants to buy it for $200 for his subcompact Glock 40. I replaced the extended mag with the stock 9 shot and WOW what a difference it made carrying it without the holster and extended mag. I sat down with it and hardly even knew it was there. I think smac just saved me $400 :) I am going to try this for a while and see. I still am going to look at some of these revolvers you all suggested a well.

Was it Shooters? If so that place has went to hell the last few years.
If you're still looking for something maybe try Wild West Guns and Pawn off Lane ave. I've bought several guns from there and they beat everyone else in town as far as prices and service. They do not have the inventory Shooters has but they can get it if they don't stock it.

Was it Shooters? If so that place has went to hell the last few years.
If you're still looking for something maybe try Wild West Guns and Pawn off Lane ave. I've bought several guns from there and they beat everyone else in town as far as prices and service. They do not have the inventory Shooters has but they can get it if they don't stock it.

Yea it was! They really pissed me off I have bought like 6 guns from them and that's how they do me. My friends cousin owns Wild West Guns and he keeps telling me to go over there, maybe I will listen to him finally lol

Yea it was! They really pissed me off I have bought like 6 guns from them and that's how they do me. My friends cousin owns Wild West Guns and he keeps telling me to go over there, maybe I will listen to him finally lol

You gotta love a gun shop named Wild West :thumbsup:

Sounds like you have an inside connection already. Take your friend and get that deal!!

i got my daddy a litttle ruger 380 last year. tiny little thing, fits in a wallet holster. shoots good, and did i mention its tiny.

:laugh: everytime i talk about guns, i get to thinking about a scene from the beverley hillbillies. when they cut off the car on the highway, and the fellas in the car pull a gun.
"that's pretty nice son, this heres what i carry!" as he trains that big double barrel back twards them. :rofl:

beverly hillbillies.jpg

Back