What handgun provides the best acceleration in a Hayabusa?

Omega, I been wondering about that. I'll take what comes. Maybe they can use a drill and spin'em right out :)

I'm an Eagle Scout. The motto "Be Prepared" is hard wired into my psyche.
I hope never to have to use any of my emergency equipment.
Er, OK, I've had to use my fire extinguishers, gloves, boots, helmets, 911 cell phone numbers, tow straps, spare tires, jacks, tire pluggers,life jackets, flashlights,electric generators, first aid kits etc., etc. Hope I never really need my firearm. So far, God's spared me from that nightmare.
Seriously, Thradar, if you aren't prepared for any emergency, aren't you shirking your manly obligations to protect yourself and your loved ones?

shitty? Isn't this is a censored/disallowed word on this board. Gotta tone that down a bit-somebody might get offended. I think my virgin eyes will never be the same-

and Kirk-
you sure have little to say now you fekking pig! oink! oink! The invasion is coming. Hayabusa.org Armageddon is coming soon. The end is near.

Yeah, I have a 9mm for home protection, but I seriously don't think about carrying it while riding. Shooting someone over a bike isn't worth the hassle, it they're threatening me or my wife, they can fuggin' have it...let the damn insurance sort it out. I've been riding for 18 years and have never even had bad words with anyone while riding let alone needing to kill them.

Thradar:
I agree with you. I wouldn't EVER defend the bike with lethal force.

I would, howver, defend my wife with same.

Think about it.

Richard - Amen. Go high five yourself. We as men have a Biblical obligation to not allow ourselves to become injured or killed. We as men are also better equipped by our creator to kill people and break things. That makes us better at protecting our loved ones. I never get up in the morning thinking "Gee, today would be a nice day to kill someone that I never met. I don't think that most people realize that there is no bravado and no feeling of control when you have to draw down on someone. I just pray that they do the right thing so that I don't have to turn them off. Hey- what is "smallbore"? I got to shoot a NRA Highpower rifle match recently with my Dad. We used loaner rifles from the Deparment of Civilian Marksmanship. First time I had picked one up I took 3rd out of about 20 guys. My Dad took 2nd. Wonderful father and son time. God bless.

Thrader- You are right about the insurance thing. I don't care about the bike, it's my family I care about. About a year ago, My wife and I were out grocery shopping. As we are leaving, a fight erupted in between the double doors. First guy knocks the second guy on his butt and then turns on me. I tried to back up but the door opens inwards and closed behind me. I have not been trained to lose fights, so when he went hands on, I advised him that the worse he fought, the worse he was going to get hurt. He apparently didn't speak any english, and I ended up having to break one of his bones to get him into a handcuffing position. The whole time, 2 more of his homeys were inside the store trying to get into the vestibule to become part of this, and I was holding the door closed with my foot. Three more were outside milling around trying to decide if they wanted to come in to get involved or bolt. If one more person had come in there, somebody was going to get shot, and it wasn't going to be me. My point is, you never know, and you certainly have no control over when and where (or if) it happens. Your family may not be big enough or fast enough to be able to leave. You may be left with no option but to stand and fight. You just take reasonable precautions, train like a dog, and live with the results. Just like wearing a helmet when you ride. God bless.

I got to check the acceleration of my Bus last night for the first time, or at least the first time I didn't have to pedal it to get the front end back down. I ran a guy who is an expert drag racer, and his bike usually runs about 135mph at the strip. I am still afraid to launch the bike, or even to do a burn off, so I just left like I was leaving a stop light. He leaped past me and I reacted without thinking by rolling the throttle on and getting my chin on the tank. I blazed the rear tire, and something happend to the other bike. It just disappeared. I banged the rev limiter and then remembered to shift. I was already preloading the shifter, so I just snapped the throttle off a little bit and it shifted into second like an automatic. The front tire danced all the way through second. I shifted to third at 11,000, and then into 4th at 11,000 right near the finish line. What a hoot. I need major industrial strength practice. The other guy said that he put a gate job on me and then I passed him with my rear tire on fire. He said that when I shifted into second, I pulled away harder than anything he's ever seen. The others said they have never seen a bike pull like that at the finish line. I think I'm hooked.

Open your eyes kirk, maybe you'll see something. I've had too many malay's with scum who used chistianity as a shield to open doors for them, once opened they reverted back to what they really were.
Squid's no scum and no dope dealer, talk to me when you got some real experience to draw on instead of your own conjecture.
Your just another fish in a huge school all changing direction in unison, vieing to remain in the core where its safe. You nauseate me.

Thrader- Handguns are a terrible compromise. Handguns are only for fighting your way to your long gun(s). The only reason to own a handgun is because they are easier to carry (lighter, smaller, easier to conceal if need be). If you are using a 9mm handgun for a house gun, may I respectfully make a suggestion? Get yourself a Remington 870 Police 12 guage pump with a tactical light from Laser Products. They are cheap, as reliable as an anvil, absolutely impossible to wear out, and there is nothing that will turn bad people into good people faster than a 12 guage. God bless.

[This message has been edited by Kirk (edited 25 June 2000).]

Back