What handgun provides the best acceleration in a Hayabusa?

kirk,there is three classes,it goes by weight.light gun ,heavy gun,unlimited gun.They"re some of the nicest people you could ever meet,give you the shirts off thier back.I"ll buy parts from them over the phone,never met in person. When I ask for a total (price)they say call me when you get it then you can send a check!whens the last time you did business like that.Beware if you join and start shooting these things,they are the hayabusas of all guns.Shooting anything else after this is like throwing a leg over vespa scooter.later

I was going to make the same comparison. I am torn. Barrett just came out with the Big Shot, which is the first Barrett that I could afford. Maadi-Griffin makes a "non-FFL" kit that I could afford, and there is a guy here locally who does M2 HB semi conversions, although Oregon is a machine gun friendly state, and for about $3000 more, I could just buy a NIB pre '86 transferable M2 HB and shoot it semi in competitions. Same guy has ball, tracer, AP, and incindiery for $1.20 a round, linked and delivered. He invited me out to his house to shoot one of his conversions in his back yard. Really nice people in your sport.

kirk,This is only my opinion.Barrettis over priced,maddi is well lets just say you could do better.and the browning is 120 pds semi-auto,semi accurate.But in the case of the browning if thats what your after there is no replacment.I have a custom built bolt action single shot.Super acurate and alot of fun to shoot.As far as surlus ammo,I have'nt found any thats accurate.It was'nt made to be shot one at a time.I reload for mine and use hornady amax 750.A good custom runs $3500 and up.Before you buy drop me a line I can give you info for some top shelf people in the sport.

I've had a Barrett and now have a single shot by Klaus Horstkamp, Wanakee,Wis. I reloaded last year and have a place to shoot here where I live but it's only 300 yards. I was in FCSA for a couple years but let it go due to other stuff going on. I haven't shot this year because I'm a little banged up :)

viol8r,sorry to hear about the banged up.but man no shootin,no riding.This is not good.That single shot you have is a new one to me.I bet its more accurate than that barrett.Anyway I hope you out and about soon.later

Well I been riding the 4 wheeler against everyones wishes but... I shot the Barrett the first time at a 1000 yard match in Lodi, Wis. My smallest 5 shot group was 18". There were guys there shooting 6" groups. the people like you said were great and helpful. They gave out gifts for coming to the match. Klaus has all the components and know a lot but for some reason doesn't get along with FCSA. I'll have to dig my info back out now that I have some free time.

[This message has been edited by viol8r (edited 29 June 2000).]

Had a gun pulled on me in the desert of Mir Mesa before it became a city back in the early 1970 when I was walking with my girl friend,the guy didn't like the looks of a dark skinned Hawaiian guy walking with a white girl,if it wasn't for a jeep that drove up I think I would have been shot. Now I carry the best and learn to shoot it.No I don't go looking for trouble,I've stop gang members from stealing from the cars in our apartment complex when I lived in Sunnyvale,Ca and yes I carried my gun when I stop these guys,never know what they are carrying. Had a car load of J's drive thru my apartment and over heard one of the punks say something like lets shoot that guy and the only guy was there was me,I ran to my house got my shot gun and pistol and came back to the car I was working on and waited for them to come back,better to be safe than SORRY or DEAD.My own opinion.Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6. END OF STORY

kirk, may The Almighty Father of All things Holy and Divine forgive you for the part you unknowly play to help satans minnions wreak havok on this world.

What are the weight breaks? I'm not going to shoot a 20lb rifle that generates 13,000lbs of muzzle energy. I used to know a guy who printed a 5 1/4" group. Some kind of record or something. The 750 grain A-Max is a spitzer with an SD suitable for long range stuff? Isn't it cool that this sport has done so much to advance law enforcement and military technology when it comes to long range precision marksmanship against hard targets? Who makes good barrels - Kreiger or Blackstar? Ever shoot anything smaller at long ranges like the Lapua matches?

Back