**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

I'm not sure what he's got going on. Last time out at Barber he crashed and spent a couple sessions getting the bike back track ready only to go out and crash again...I don't know what's up with him right now. Hopefully he'll get healed up quick. I think him and Emily buy their track time a year in advance so him begin down is not good.

Yea and he has LOTS of experience there...... so something was definitely out of the ordinary

I'm not sure what he's got going on. Last time out at Barber he crashed and spent a couple sessions getting the bike back track ready only to go out and crash again...I don't know what's up with him right now. Hopefully he'll get healed up quick. I think him and Emily buy their track time a year in advance so him begin down is not good.

You are absolutely right about something being wrong to cause him to crash so much.....

I would bet that Trevor works with them pretty well considering they pay for every Barber event in advance and has since before we started going...

Conditions of yesterday's crash that may have effected it:

1. HOT - I mean H O T and H U M I D; It got to me on Saturday pretty bad.
2. He did NOT eat any lunch
3. John had a personal coach, so he was probably trying to please the coach. Opie had just passed him a lap before so John may have been trying to catch/keep up.

We reviewed Opie's video of the session up to the lap where he passed (John crashed the next lap). There was some weird stuff going on; he'd go thru a turn good, then on the back straight he never accelerated down the straight (John doesn't remember this). Emily saw him almost run off the track the lap prior. My personal opinion was he lost focus or worse, then went over the top of that hill and either didn't let off the throttle at all on the light spot, or hammered it too early to try and keep up with Opie. I didn't know I was behind him when I went up turn 3, and he was still sliding when I crested turn 4; I may have video just won't be able to look at it until tonight. It had to be a highside he was 30 feet in front of the bike still sliding when I spotted him.

I came up on him at the last chicane. I was thinking man that's John in front of me no way I am moving at a 1:45 pace (Keith told me he was running 44s-45s) he must be fatigued a bit tired perhaps..then I fly by him on the straight thinking he must just be out of it. Both were correct he was fatigued and I was running 45s. Crazy he crashed just after that. He is wearing the neon helmet. Around 3:00.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw him and the guy he was chasing go around you going into turn one. When you passed him back on the front straight he was going slower for some reason.

You were turning some good laps with good lines. Looks like you had a LOT of clear track. The only thing I puckered up on with the outside pass you had topping the hill at T4. Around 3:55 or so.

Looks like a great day of riding for you guys. Sorry I missed it!

Just so you know, you beat Keith with the uploaded video. Thanks for sharing!

Keith normally starts filming on the drive down from Nashville, films ever session from two angles, then never posts anything...:)

I came up on him at the last chicane. I was thinking man that's John in front of me no way I am moving at a 1:45 pace (Keith told me he was running 44s-45s) he must be fatigued a bit tired perhaps..then I fly by him on the straight thinking he must just be out of it. Both were correct he was fatigued and I was running 45s. Crazy he crashed just after that. He is wearing the neon helmet. Around 3:00.

- You held off on that pass at 3:55 to wait and see what the other rider did, that's good. That's John in front of you all thru the 2 - 3 minute mark you pass him at the 3:flamethrowing: mark.

- You are losing time on the approach and over the tunnel in the back, and you can go faster thru the bottom of 12; the suspension is compressed and the bike will hold. I was more concened about the pass at 8:30 a lot of closure speed and the other rider could have easily drifted out into your path. What were all the hands up with "I dunno gestures at the 5 min mark about? Those guys either need to be riding or getting off the track...

- You can go thru the top half of the museum turn faster, and drop a gear and brake before you go over the rumble strip and gain quite a bit of time there too. Jay does this turn REALLY well.

- Putting your camera where we could see your gauges would help you compare MPH/RPM and gearing....

Ok Jay I'm going home to see if I got anything..

Dude you were dominating out there. Wish I could have made it but everything happens for a reason. I probably would have passed out trying to keep up with you.

I saw him and the guy he was chasing go around you going into turn one. When you passed him back on the front straight he was going slower for some reason.

You were turning some good laps with good lines. Looks like you had a LOT of clear track. The only thing I puckered up on with the outside pass you had topping the hill at T4. Around 3:55 or so.

Looks like a great day of riding for you guys. Sorry I missed it!

The guys I was passing were the same guys that passed me. You want talk about a turn 4 pucker look at 2:00 that is John that flew on the inside of me cresting the hill...back chicane he may have been fatigued or bike problems cause by the straight I was able to pass him and the t4 the next guy. I know I was pushing a bit harder with these guys in front of me though.
Thanks guys I was pretty stoked with a handful of 46s and a couple 45s.
Sure wish you guys could of been there.

- You held off on that pass at 3:55 to wait and see what the other rider did, that's good. That's John in front of you all thru the 2 - 3 minute mark you pass him at the 3:flamethrowing: mark.

- You are losing time on the approach and over the tunnel in the back, and you can go faster thru the bottom of 12; the suspension is compressed and the bike will hold. I was more concened about the pass at 8:30 a lot of closure speed and the other rider could have easily drifted out into your path. What were all the hands up with "I dunno gestures at the 5 min mark about? Those guys either need to be riding or getting off the track...

- You can go thru the top half of the museum turn faster, and drop a gear and brake before you go over the rumble strip and gain quite a bit of time there too. Jay does this turn REALLY well.

- Putting your camera where we could see your gauges would help you compare MPH/RPM and gearing....

Ok Jay I'm going home to see if I got anything..

I agree Keith I can work on all those areas. That's the good news :-D that I KNOW there is more seconds out there. The things I improved on were exiting museum (still can gain a faster exit tho) hitting 4th gear on all three starights and getting a good entrance on 13/14 strong drive on 15 but still can make it become habit. Plus I can probably enter one a little faster.

You're rocking Barber man...you're smooth, your lines are good, Team Gixxer A+.

1:45s is a good solid pace. I love the bright paint on your bike in some of the pics posted...you are silly easy to pick out!

The guys I was passing were the same guys that passed me. You want talk about a turn 4 pucker look at 2:00 that is John that flew on the inside of me cresting the hill...back chicane he may have been fatigued or bike problems cause by the straight I was able to pass him and the t4 the next guy. I know I was pushing a bit harder with these guys in front of me though.
Thanks guys I was pretty stoked with a handful of 46s and a couple 45s.
Sure wish you guys could of been there.

You're rocking Barber man...you're smooth, your lines are good, Team Gixxer A+.

1:45s is a good solid pace. I love the bright paint on your bike in some of the pics posted...you are silly easy to pick out!

You are correct Charlie.:bowdown: John and kawi passed me on turn one. The guy in white was way fast and he flew by me at top of four and in a flash passed half the group ahead in 6. 1:46 was the average after four sessions Sunday with a couple tight 1:45s.:thumbsup:.i am super happy with that...especially considering I was comfortable the whole time with the pace and my riding. Goal for next trip has got to be real low 1:40s:laugh:
Thanks I get a lot of compliments or just plain inquiries/comments on my neon orange. I sure like it! The STICKERS WORKED! HP/SECONDS=were GAINED!!:banana:

Given that you ride a) a 750 and b) maybe once a year, those are some really impressive lap times. I could feel you picking up time on every lap of that session....

Thanks Keith.:thumbsup: I am really happy I hit my goal. Even though when I hit it I did not know it!:whistle:

And I know you ALL want to watch it again...:laugh: so here is the FULL SESSION!

Full Session Advance - YouTube[/url]

Guess who...

My camera was fogged over this entire session. Using the video, almost all my laps were only 1:44's...there is debris on the track beside me...he was just coming to a stop..

John.JPG

So what was your best time from the weekend, Keith? I know it was hot but I know you wont let that get to you when me and Charlie show up in September :laugh:

Back