The TEAM GIXXER **SMACKTALKAPALOOZA** PART DEAUX - Barber 20-21 OCT 2012

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Drop your rocks and grab your socks; you may have missed the first Inaugural TEAM GIXXER **SMACKTALKAPOOLZA**, but here's your chance for PART II, 20-21 October 2012 at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds AL.

For visions of grandeure, you can visit the first SMACKTALKAPALOOZA thread:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-smacktalkapooza-barber-29-30-sep-2012-a.html

There will be Bikes
There will even be some Busa's
There will be Babes
There will be Food (some of it better than other)
There will be fast riding on one of the most awesome tracks in the US
There WILL be new records set (and it won't be "slowjay" - Tiller's new screenname) :moon:

There will NOT be bad weather
There will NOT be bad weather
There will NOT be bad weather (said it three times, and Tom sacrificed a chicken breast and said a voodoo/Tonto-inspired chant over it with a napkin tied over his head in a fancy resturaunt - so it must be true).

There will even be epic T-shirts
There will be a big green booger of a motorcycle
There might even be some US Marines

There will undoubtedly be an epic amount of SMACKTALK

So, what are you waiting for? If you haven't already signed up, you may have missed out (www.sportbiketracktime.com) but never hurts to try. Even if you don't ride, come on down and check it out, and go thru the Museum.

Attending:

Skydivr
TwoBrothersBusa (Teaching in Novice)
Tiller (I mean slowjay)
Trey Young
Flicka
Georgiabusa05 (?)
MC "I was blind, but now I see!" Mustang

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny that this "slowjay" guy you keep referring to happens to have the fastest lap time of the group... And he was even running BrickStone tires :laugh: Wait until this wonderboy slaps some Q2's back on his bike :laugh:

Here, let me remind you :moon: :poke:

IMAG0275.jpg

Attending:

Skydivr
TwoBrothersBusa (Teaching in Novice)
Tiller (I mean slowjay)
Trey Young
Flicka
Georgiabusa05 (?)
MC "I was blind, but now I see!" Mustang
Tiller's Dad - Kawi C14

First set of pictures the Beemer was just behind the Busa. Next set the Beemer was 2 bikes back. Third set nowhere to be seen in the background (should have mounted my camera backwards). Beemer finally pops up about 6 bikes back. BMW S1000RR has nothing on the Busa :laugh:

New Image.jpg

It's funny that this "slowjay" guy you keep referring to happens to have the fastest lap time of the group... And he was even running BrickStone tires :laugh: Wait until this wonderboy slaps some Q2's back on his bike :laugh:

Here, let me remind you :moon: :poke:

IMAG0275.jpg

Smoke and mirrors - all I hear is "blah blah blah" :laugh::moon:

All depends on your perspective: You say "I'm a half-second faster" and I'm thinking "I'm almost 30 years older than you and your're ONLY a half-second faster?" :moon:

BAM

??? That makes it sound like you're not coming ???

Man, you know I'll be there! Consider yourself "gotten." :laugh:

I just have to get some stinkin' gloves that fit. I ordered some Alpinestars GP Pros in XXXL, but couldn't get my hands in them at all. Talked to SportBike Track Gear yesterday, and I think I'm going to try a pair of Handroids next. Held Phantoms or Titans will be next if I have to try again.

I just have to get some stinkin' gloves that fit. I ordered some Alpinestars GP Pros in XXXL, but couldn't get my hands in them at all. Talked to SportBike Track Gear yesterday, and I think I'm going to try a pair of Handroids next. Held Phantoms or Titans will be next if I have to try again.

I've got a set of Handroids. They are nice gloves but a boich to get on and are very stiff when first used (all that extra plastic on the outside). I have (yet) to have to try out the crash protection features (knocking on wood). Most important for you is to find a set that you can get your hands into - and SOON.

If STG doesn't work with you, call and talk to Honda East Justin he might have some ideas.

Smoke and mirrors - all I hear is "blah blah blah" :laugh::moon:

All depends on your perspective: You say "I'm a half-second faster" and I'm thinking "I'm almost 30 years older than you and your ONLY a half-second faster?" :moon:

Yea... but you've been doing this for 3 years compared to my 6 times... so that AGE CRAP goes out the window :moon: :laugh:

Yea... but you've been doing this for 3 years compared to my 6 times... so that AGE CRAP goes out the window :moon: :laugh:

Remember we had this conversation when you are 50 (cause I'm not likely to be around to remind you) WonderBoy....

Good deal.. But you had to admit your post was misleading :laugh:

As far as the a-stars... that sounds about right.. When i was buying leathers i tried on a pair of a-stars pants in like a 42 or 44 and couldnt get them past my knees but a 36 in the Frank Thomas was perfect...

I've got a set of Handroids. They are nice gloves but a boich to get on and are very stiff when first used (all that extra plastic on the outside). I have (yet) to have to try out the crash protection features (knocking on wood). Most important for you is to find a set that you can get your hands into - and SOON.

If STG doesn't work with you, call and talk to Honda East Justin he might have some ideas.

Kirk at STG was very helpful when I spoke with him, and I probably helped Justin meet his sales goal yesterday. :laugh:

I've heard widely differing opinions on the Handroids, but most are very good. And I've always wanted to try a set. Maybe I'll just order the Handroid and one of the Held models, and return one.

As far as the Held gloves, I like the Titan much better than the Phantom, but have you seen the price?!?

Those stupid Dainese gloves failed big-time when they were needed. I'm pretty pissed off about that.

Ha good one (got me too). You and I are getting 1st Advanced group in "N" this time. Stay close, and hopefully Charlie will draw the right straw this time.

Back