The TEAM GIXXER **SMACKTALKAPALOOZA** PART DEAUX - Barber 20-21 OCT 2012

Hey, when I make Brandy-Lynn better, stronger and faster, what do I have to do to put a groovy sticker on her... Can I be team mascot? LOL

Just finished watching some of Treys videos, made me feel pretty good about how I ride. Trey, thanks for following me around the track and getting some great vid of me. :) I see where I am pretty good and where I need some improvement. Well, when is the next one? :D Guess I am hooked. :D

Good video Trey! You were knockin about pretty dang well out there.

I have to agree with Divrman, your lines need some fine tuning. You are tipping in on some (Not all) corners too early causing you to run wide on exits. Tipping in too early also keeps the bike leaned over too long. Being patient on the entry, waiting a bit longer to tip in pays dividends on the exit where your biggest advantage lies "Exit Speed". Getting that beast stood up and WO throttle early will make you a rock star on a busa that most track addicts view as big and cumbersome.

If I were working with you I'd work on adjusting your lines for better tip in points and pull your line in closer to the apex.

Coasting is another issue but not as important as lines.

I have a feeling you'll be moving up to the next group very soon.

Great video sir! I could feel the smile on your face throughout! :thumbsup:

I know. When I go back and look at the vid I am saying "get over", "turn in now", etc. I think I will just blame the type "A" personality; I am going to create my own lines... Now time to look for a GSXR 1000 over the winter, to be ready for spring. Watching Jay, Charlie and Keith lay those things over on the inside-line gets your adrenaline pumping.

I did get to watch the vid of the last session on Saturday where I got a few laps of Trey, Daniel and Shawn each. I'll try to post it up tonight.

You two are going to chase the lap timer until one of you crash, are you? ???

Both of you may be wise to leave the lap timers at home and have fun chasing each other around to see who can pass who.

Getting into a lap timer chase to see whom can out do whom rarely ends up well.

Another tidbit of advise is: Put your lap timer in a position where it's not visible and wait til days end to have a peek. I never look at my lap timer during the day. A lap timer is like a dyno, a means of evaluating progress. It has no other use. Consistency in lap times is much more valuable than "Best lap time" while being led around by a faster rider. You can always go faster when following vs leading.

Remember, the track day trophy is not a handsome check or beautiful umbrella girl. The track day trophy is hauling your bike home all in one piece. :beerchug:

Both of you may be wise to leave the lap timers at home and have fun chasing each other around to see who can pass who.

Another tidbit of advise is: Put your lap timer in a position where it's not visible and wait til days end to have a peek. I never look at my lap timer during the day. A lap timer is like a dyno, a means of evaluating progress. It has no other use. Consistency in lap times is much more valuable than "Best lap time" while being led around by a faster rider. You can always go faster when following vs leading.

Remember, the track day trophy is not a handsome check or beautiful umbrella girl. The track day trophy is hauling your bike home all in one piece. :beerchug:

Agreed... And that is how I treat it, a way to see how your learned skills are paying off.... I do not chase the lap timer, I chase the person in front of me to learn from them if they are faster. I check check all of my laps only after the end of the session, not just the best time... I do always check for consistency.

Keith will be checking his lap timer before he even gets his bike parked. I, at least wait until I have gottent all my gear removed and had a chance to put my bike on the stands :laugh:

Here is my $6 lap timer from the iPhone; I am convinced the GPS doesn't catch the speed correctly, but pretty sure the timing is close. First lap is warming up the tires, but still kinda consistent for a newb creating his own lines:

Barber Motorsports Park 2012-10-21 Group B Session 0 (4:39 PM - 5:03 PM)

Lap 1 (Partial) 0'00.67 (3 mph)
Lap 2 4'24.50 (103 mph)
Lap 3 2'14.93 (107 mph)
Lap 4 2'08.60 (113 mph)
Lap 5 2'00.56 (119 mph)
Lap 6 1'59.04 (124 mph)
Lap 7 1'58.11 (125 mph)
Lap 8 1'58.99 (119 mph)
Lap 9 2'02.87 (115 mph)
Lap 10 (Partial) 2'05.15 (103 mph)

Oh, and my best of 1'57.54:

Barber Motorsports Park 2012-10-21 Group B Session 1 (2:39 PM - 3:04 PM)

Lap 1 (Partial) 2'04.91 (105 mph)
Lap 2 1'57.54 (112 mph)

Agreed... And that is how I treat it, a way to see how your learned skills are paying off.... I do not chase the lap timer, I chase the person in front of me to learn from them if they are faster. I check check all of my laps only after the end of the session, not just the best time... I do always check for consistency.

Keith will be checking his lap timer before he even gets his bike parked. I, at least wait until I have gottent all my gear removed and had a chance to put my bike on the stands :laugh:

Yes sir, there is a measure of truth in that statement. But I never look at my timer until after the session is over (I can't see good enough to read it while riding, anyway!) but I like to peek when I turn my bike off. I can't PASS Jay, so the timer is the only measure I've got to whether I'm doing well or not. That last time I was admittedly putting too much out on the table, but I did have some consistency in the 1:42 - 1:41 times (I've still got to review my timer).

I tried some SteveO to follow your advice about higher RPM/lower gear, and shifting earlier; I think the shifting earlier before the turn helped some, but I've got a lot of practicing to do. Thank you for your gentle reminder. It's all Jay's fault for going out in the next-to-last session anyway :moon:

Yes sir, there is a measure of truth in that statement. But I never look at my timer until after the session is over (I can't see good enough to read it while riding, anyway!) but I like to peek when I turn my bike off. I can't PASS Jay, so the timer is the only measure I've got to whether I'm doing well or not. That last time I was admittedly putting too much out on the table, but I did have some consistency in the 1:42 - 1:41 times (I've still got to review my timer).

I tried some SteveO to follow your advice about higher RPM/lower gear, and shifting earlier; I think the shifting earlier before the turn helped some, but I've got a lot of practicing to do. Thank you for your gentle reminder. It's all Jay's fault for going out in the next-to-last session anyway :moon:

Yea it is always the one of us that starts the session out front that is the fastest :laugh:

Jay and Charlie told me that I have to change my sig line... done...

So here are the pics... Really isn't that bad, will get her going soon:). If anyone has an inside track on SV parts, I wi know what I am looking for soon:). As for me, a few bruises and a concussion. Other than that, all good! Had an amazing weekend and can't wait to get back out there!

image-1864922351.jpg

image-577642161.jpg

image-257400611.jpg

image-395469885.jpg

image-2476641544.jpg

image-2109132556.jpg

image-4225896631.jpg

image-3191403164.jpg

image-1864922351.jpg

image-577642161.jpg

image-257400611.jpg

image-395469885.jpg

image-2476641544.jpg

image-2109132556.jpg

image-4225896631.jpg

image-3191403164.jpg

The only pic I have from this weekend yet: Jay on his alternate transportation :rofl:

My Daughter wants her scooter back....

IMG_1537[1].jpg

You did have a concussion? Have you been to the Doctor yet?

Yes sir, Dawn made me go as soon as we got back. Was at the ER until about 0330 and an headed back in a little bit. The ct scan showed some fluid but nothing major, so they are just keeping an eye on me and Dawn has been taking good care of me:)

I need to get a pic of the banner in my garage! w00t!

Back