The TEAM GIXXER **SMACKTALKAPALOOZA** PART DEAUX - Barber 20-21 OCT 2012

Yeah, I saw that first one too Jay, at least we are both in it at the same time, and your body position is MUCH better than mine young punk :thumbsup:

Some of my favorite pics of the weekend.

Jay's body position just blows my mind...

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

A few more. Charlie and Jay having fun. My wife even got a 2-up ride (on the right)...

Capture7.JPG

Capture8.JPG

Capture10.JPG

Capture11.JPG

Capture.9JPG.JPG

Where you at Tuff...the kid is fast, fast, fast...Come on down to Barber next year and learn us some stuff! You'd be WELCOME!

A few more. Charlie and Jay having fun. My wife even got a 2-up ride (on the right)...

Here's the 2-up vid (for some reason I'm not getting a HD upload gotta figure that out)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here's a video of the Novice session I went out in and tried to video all Novice riders. I got Daniel, Shawn and Trey, but I could not find Tim within time! Trey, you'll hear me saying "tighter, TIGHTER" thru my helmet at you :laugh:

I thought TEAM GIXXER SMACKTALKAPALOOZA 2012 was a resounding success. The whole intent was to create a fun atmosphere to get some .org members the come out and see what some tracktime could do to hone your survivial skills and make you a more competent street rider. I think everyone attending would agree that it opens your eyes to things you hadn't seen or thought of before riding the street.

It's my hope that more of you will come out to play with us next season!

Ok, here's a video of the Novice session I went out in and tried to video all Novice riders. I got Daniel, Shawn and Trey, but I could not find Tim within time! Trey, you'll hear me saying "tighter, TIGHTER" thru my helmet at you :laugh:

I thought TEAM GIXXER SMACKTALKAPALOOZA 2012 was a resounding success. The whole intent was to create a fun atmosphere to get some .org members the come out and see what some tracktime could do to hone your survivial skills and make you a more competent street rider. I think everyone attending would agree that it opens your eyes to things you hadn't seen or thought of before riding the street.

Great Vid... I see that my body position still sucks... I am leaning and not sliding. My head is staying over the tank, so I am really just sort of rotating around. It really was a blast, and I can't wait to get out again next season!!! I am hooked!

Three years ago Shawn, that was me. And, while certainly not 'good', I'd now say I'm a 'fair' rider. AND, If it can help ME get better, it can help ANYONE :laugh:

Look, it even helped Jay :moon::rofl: BOOYAH!

Great video, Keith!!! Everyone was doing great and can only improve the more they ride... Is it next year yet???

I gotta get another bike. I'm much too afraid of scratching this one, and it's obvious in your video. Thanks for sharing though. :thumbsup:

I need to be a little less polite too. I'm way too cautious about passing other bikes.

I need to be a little less polite too. I'm way too cautious about passing other bikes.

I disagree Daniel. It was your first real day at the track. Polite means you don't crash anybody else (or yourself out) being overly agressive. Take your time and it will come.

You fella's were having way to much fun, good job on the video grandpa. I'm surprised to see all three of you allowed that Old-Wrinkled-Limp Limb Dude that arrives with his walker calling himself Divrman to keep up! ??? Divrman says the older he gets the faster he use to be! :laugh:

From what I see in the video everyone is having a good time at a moderate pace. Perfect way to win the "Track Day" prize which is taking your bike home in one piece :beerchug: I do see Trey using up a bit too much asphalt on corners. There is a little trick I learned from Jason Pridmore that does a great job at correcting that issue.

The way Jason explains it is to use only the inside one third of the track on corner entry and only half the inside of the track on corner exits. This leaves a nice bumper to correct any errors a rider may make (Trust me, everyone makes errors). By tightening up your line it also shortens the distance around the track and will reduce lap time.

The issue most riders have on corners is fear of lean angle. This method will encourage added lean angle as the speed increases. Most riders whether they are new to the track, intermediate or novice racers choose a wide line which is not necessary for their corner speed. The less distance the bike travels at "X" speed the quicker the lap times.

This inside one third entry - inside half on exit of the track will quickly improve your corner skills and put your knee on the deck with far less time and effort if this happens to be your goal. :beerchug:

It's not cheap but the best means of improving one's riding skills is through one on one instruction which you can find at most tracks. Your local track website will list each riding school scheduled for the season.

I knew you were back there and pretty sure I heard you yelling as we were going through the turn (Like I said, I create my own lines) :laugh:... Had a blast, thanks for getting me hooked

You fella's were having way to much fun, good job on the video grandpa. I'm surprised to see all three of you allowed that Old-Wrinkled-Limp Limb Dude that arrives with his walker calling himself Divrman to keep up! ??? Divrman says the older he gets the faster he use to be! :laugh:

From what I see in the video everyone is having a good time at a moderate pace. Perfect way to win the "Track Day" prize which is taking your bike home in one piece :beerchug: I do see Trey using up a bit too much asphalt on corners. There is a little trick I learned from Jason Pridmore that does a great job at correcting that issue.

The way Jason explains it is to use only the inside one third of the track on corner entry and only half the inside of the track on corner exits. This leaves a nice bumper to correct any errors a rider may make (Trust me, everyone makes errors). By tightening up your line it also shortens the distance around the track and will reduce lap time.

The issue most riders have on corners is fear of lean angle. This method will encourage added lean angle as the speed increases. Most riders whether they are new to the track, intermediate or novice racers choose a wide line which is not necessary for their corner speed. The less distance the bike travels at "X" speed the quicker the lap times.

This inside one third entry - inside half on exit of the track will quickly improve your corner skills and put your knee on the deck with far less time and effort if this happens to be your goal. :beerchug:

It's not cheap but the best means of improving one's riding skills is through one on one instruction which you can find at most tracks. Your local track website will list each riding school scheduled for the season.

I can see how Pridmore's advice is helpful for several reasons:

1. Creates a safety buffer as speed increases and helps you not make the mistake of running off the track
2. A straight line between two turns is the shortest/usually fastest line
3. Prevents swooping - don't use any more of the turn than you need to.

Lastly (especially in A), never use the last foot on the outside especially on entry, because the late braking AMA racer behind you is most likely about to pass you on it (scared the pizz out of me the first time that happened) and you always want to give him an out....

I bet you Trey you'd gain 5 seconds with a slower entry, earlier (EDIT: LATER) apex and better line out the exit....

Back