TEAM GIXXER heads for Barber 29-30 October!!

Team Gixxer having a blast. Cold in AM and we had to take it easy. I got nothing for Charlie and Jay they are just too fast...not to mention both bought new sprockets went up two teeth and didnt tell me!

Jet Li doing good, but he got BUMPED by another rider this morning who screwed up...he held it together i woulda probably crashed...

Heres another pic!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319917604.454629.jpg

Dawn sure miss you guys being here just not the same without you!

Everything good we are holding our own so far! Another cold night and morning coming up!

I'm either jealous or envious, I haven't figured out which? Maybe Both!

You guys enjoy yourselves and remember its October and cooler temps takes a little spunk out of your available grip!

Tell Tom "Welcome to the intermediate group"! :welcome:

It is 32 this morning. I am making executive decision in first session no sense in risking it for parade laps. Posting via tapatalk so pics not so good til i get home.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319980014.396218.jpg

Back safe and sound from a great weekend. All of us left with the bikes looking like they did when we brought them so the weekend was a win. Keith out did himself big time with the large banner and made a smaller one for me in the trailer / garage this winter. The three long term members of team gixxer signed the banner officially ending the 2011 season. :( I shouldn't fret too bad, we had a great weekend with good times and good friends.

Team Gixxer makes it home safe and sound; a full season completed without injury to bike or body (my pride however, wounded just a little). That makes it a great season!

I got a mod to clean up my multiple attempts to post pics unsuccessfully from Tapatalk. We shot lots of video and will post as it becomes available.

I must personally congratulate Charlie and Jay, both of them progressed this season to the point that they can both pass me at will; mostly because they can outbrake the living crap out of me. I'm gonna have to find something else to smacktalk them about, because it's not gonna be about riding anymore. Both of them this weekend got UNDER 1:45, and I LOST 3 seconds; Tuf says I'm "riding not to crash" and he's right - it's still on my mind every time I go out there. I must also thank Charlie and his wonderful wife Sandy for being soooo hospitable, sharing their motor home and feeding me. I am very grateful! :bowdown:

Here are some additional pics: Charlie; Jay; Jay trying to fog his breath to show how cold it was (or trying to imitate the nose on that trailer I'm not sure which); The TEAM GIXXER OFFICIAL team paddock; Sandy, the "hostest with the mostest"; Memphis the doped-out Lab; Tom and Charlie, Jay/Diana...

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

More:

- Riders meeting by Trevor Sadler, Southern Region Director, Sportbiketracktime.com
- Jay; Team Gixxer sat out Sunday 1st Session because it was really cold, we expected to see somebody crash out; remarkably, nobody did.
- Pic of Barber track
- Watching riders come into the front straight
- Diana/Charlie/Jay

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

P.S. Thanks a LOT Honda East Justin, you sold Charlie a +2 sprocket and you didn't tell me about it...they kept it from me for about 3 sessions and finally had to blab it. So, you might as well PM me, 'cause you need to see me exactly what you sold Charlie :)

A funny story. Charlie and I had been talking about trying to get the instructors to let us try out a session in A; but since my times had not improved I had pretty much given up on it. At the end of a session in I that ended with a red flag (accident), I pulled off only to see Charlie at the end of pit out. Assuming that meant that Intermediate was going to go back out, I rode down, jumped off my bike and hit the porta potty (dang Red Bull!), jumped back on the bike and followed him and an instructor out (and they were gone pretty quickly no hope of keeping up). Well, it took me about 3 laps to figure out that I wasn't in Intermediate, I was in ADVANCED (much closer passing and I was getting SMOKED). If you don't know, riding in a group you are not signed up for is a huge no-no and cause for getting tossed off the trackday. After I figure out what I've done, I decided I'd finish the session, since I was gonna get tossed anyway - and it was a good learning experience, being the 'passee' instead of the 'passer' - you just need to keep a consistent line, always leave room on both sides of you and don't do anything unexpected and the A riders will pass you with ease.

I get back in the pits, told Charlie I figured out what I'd done (and they'd given him an A sticker to ride with), and go find the coach expecting to beg for mercy. Fortunately enough, he vouched for me and I escaped a tongue-lashing and getting tossed out. Not to mention 40 minutes worth of riding in one shot was pretty tiring!

Looks like a blast! Hope to make it out that way one day!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

P.S. Thanks a LOT Honda East Justin, you sold Charlie a +2 sprocket and you didn't tell me about it...they kept it from me for about 3 sessions and finally had to blab it. So, you might as well PM me, 'cause you need to see me exactly what you sold Charlie :)

Hahaha I was told to keep in on the DL :laugh:

Let's get that fixed for next year :thumbsup:

Alright, who was the wise guy that brought the "PIG" to the track?

AND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, was it tastie on the BBQ? :laugh:

Charlie's white pig.jpg

Back