Future of the Busa

Yeah I understand your point but they are all performance machines with a
capital P and the whole apple to oranges arguments are an excuse and
a little bit :bs:

Lets look at what the original busa was all about...it was designed to set the
the land speed record and BLOW EVERYTHING out of the water, handle well,
and even be comfy.

Now that Suzuki hasn't continued it, we have the arguments of how it no longer
is the busa's purpose and how at least it's comfy, etc. etc. sport tourer etc.

The purpose of the busa never changed, the competion just moved up and
Suzuki never gave the busa it's just due or what it deserves.

I understand it's not being raced in the ama or they should do a complete
update it every 2 years but for the love of God...if your only going to an update
once EVERY 10 YEARS...then at least make it a true update. (heck the new
gsxr 600 just dropped another 20lbs and the thing didn't weigh anything to
begin with)

The busa doesn't have to be religated to just a sport tourer.

I understand were not going to smoke the liters on a trackday but we should
be able to walk and out top end anything in a straight line especially with a
major cc advantage...if we can't (which we can't) it's cause Suzuki dropped the
ball.

Now we've got liters that take us in the quarter, not to mention all the wiz bang
electronics and it's the apples to oranges argument...I don't think so...quarter mile
is a quarter mile. Let's not forget the busa's ORIGINAL purpose.

The Busa 's original purpose was to be a super fast sport tourer. It still is one.

Your beef should be with Suzuki, not with people who don't care if a kawasaki can beat them on paper

Suzy did not even ship a GSXR1000 (that I know of) to the States in this year. Economic climate is tough all over and the Busa may very well be in trouble.

The Busa is a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde type machine, goes slow well, goes fast well and is comfortable. I'll always own one as long as I ride.

As far as fast goes.... I routinely get smoked by guys on 600s at the track so I have grown a little in that category. Its not the bike thats fast, its the rider.

Some of the posts in this thread mention Suzy not caring about us, I think that is true. They have to make money, thats it. If folks stop buying them, they'll go way... I figure I can ride my '06 for another decade so dang it, yall newbs or non Busa owners go buy one cause I am gonna need a new one one day and I expect the bike to be in production then!

The Busa 's original purpose was to be a super fast sport tourer. It still is one.

Your beef should be with Suzuki, not with people who don't care if a kawasaki can beat them on paper

Uh no, not even close...The hayabusa was NOT designed to be a sport TOURER...
they don't make 190mph sport TOURERS (even today not to mention in '99)
and don't you think IF that were even remotely the case...they would offer
factory saddle bags :banghead:

The busas SINGLE purpose was high speed and smash all comers...do yourself
a favor and WATCH these videos, then lay the sport tourer :bs: on me again.

video Suzuki Hayabusa on Discovery Channel , very fast - Need4speed.ws

- Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles[/url]

Beef with Suzuki...you can believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an amusing thread.

As others have said, if you ride a Bus for bragging rights, well then, go and see Mr. BMW or Kawasaki.

The Bus is not intended to compete with 1000cc race reps. Of course you will get smoked in the twisties by a well ridden 1000....

I specifically bought my Bus to make it a uber sport-tourer...

Lots of very good and interesting opinions. One thing is for sure, we all love this bike.:beerchug:

The little destriction problem Kawi has with their new bike, may be a sign of what to expect in the near future. Perhaps if the Gen II Busa was launched with a 200 + hp motor, the Fed would also have reacted, who knows? Maybe Zuk is better connected than we think?

If new models just keep getting faster and faster and faster, at some point I guess the Fed will step in. The threat remains in Europe, to follow France and allow a maximum of 106hp.

What I like about the Busa in particular, is it's stability at high speed, which is difficult to do without possibly putting your life in the hands of a LEO on that one special day.

I'm not so sure about the Busa comfort thing.:whistle:

For comfort, I can see myself on one of these:

BMW Motorrad USA

And for a rush, I would look at a track bike which eats up the twisties and do it on the track.

Personally, I think the Busa was a legend of all times, but the end is in sight. Perhaps it ends up as a drag bike, for those who like modifying, pulling the power out of the motor and chasing the 1/4 mile.

That's my 2c's worth.
If the 22hp restriction on the new zx10 is true, then I highly doubt we'll be getting any more big hp bikes in the US. It sounds like regulations have taken care of that. The busa probably has all the hp its going to get. And with the price of japanese bikes skyrocketing, they can't afford to magically trim a bunch of weight off the busa etc., so I'm suspecting except for minor refinements here and there, we got what we got :laugh:
Except maybe for some slight comfort and bodywork changes to allow for the hard bags :whistle: :laugh:

after owning ktm sm. i wanted to get suzuki, and i was aiming for few years to get gixxer 1000 k6 and when time has come to buy bike, i tryed gixxer and i didnt feel right, yes its fast but for my body constitution my height and weight gixxer just feels wrong for long ride. and i bought busa. at first i was shocked with size and weight, but just after few days riding i fall in love and now i cant imagin riding anything else. busa is big ans people talk trash about bike ans its looks, but owning and riding is something unique, you will allways get respect from everyone and i think busa riders real busa riders are some elite bikers. yes bikes are getting more and more like gp bikes, but to get comfort,speed, and uber aerodinamic looks you can get only in one bike. . . i am so proud to own, ride and know that all i need i have in one bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Uh no, not even close...The hayabusa was NOT designed to be a sport TOURER...
they don't make 190mph sport TOURERS (even today not to mention in '99)
and don't you think IF that were even remotely the case...they would offer
factory saddle bags :banghead:

The busas SINGLE purpose was high speed and smash all comers...do yourself
a favor and WATCH these videos, then lay the sport tourer :bs: on me again.

video Suzuki Hayabusa on Discovery Channel , very fast - Need4speed.ws

- Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles[/url]

Beef with Suzuki...you can believe it.

So the busa doesn't measure up for you anymore... buy something else and cheer up. It's just a motorcycle

Last edited by a moderator:
Back