Future of the Busa

For me, it doesn't matter what comes out. It can have 200-250hp, If I can't be comfortable riding for more than 20 hours in a day, it's not for me. That's what I love about my Busa. It has the power, the comfort, and the looks.

Man, I love this bike!!!:bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:
4584580115_ae414a721a_b.jpg

Now that is a nice looking Bike. :thumbsup:

It's all splitting hairs. Is this bike seriously faster than ours? No. With a pee wee rider on a strip with lights, maybe yes maybe no... Who cares. You're talking about a tenth of a second in a controlled situation. What do you like to look at and what do you like to ride for a multitude of reasons? Ask yourself that. Yes, It can likely cruise around a race track quicker but then again if Kevin Schwanz was riding a Busa he'd beat anybody on anybike. A gsxr1000 or the beemer can get around a racetrack or canyon road quicker too, but that's apples and oranges. The Bus wasn't built to dominate there. It's all relative. Besides all that, this Kawasaki looks like all the rest of the gsxr cbr ninja cookie cutters out there. The busa is an original so to speak and it stands apart from the crowd. I'm not trading it in.

7-11-2010 004.jpg

9-11-2010 149.JPG

9-25-2010 584.JPG

07-18-2010 054.JPG

It's all splitting hairs. Is this bike seriously faster than ours? No. With a pee wee rider on a strip with lights, maybe yes maybe no... Who cares. You're talking about a tenth of a second in a controlled situation. What do you like to look at and what do you like to ride for a multitude of reasons? Ask yourself that. Yes, It can likely cruise around a race track quicker but then again if Kevin Schwanz was riding a Busa he'd beat anybody on anybike. A gsxr1000 or the beemer can get around a racetrack or canyon road quicker too, but that's apples and oranges. The Bus wasn't built to dominate there. It's all relative. Besides all that, this Kawasaki looks like all the rest of the gsxr cbr ninja cookie cutters out there. The busa is an original so to speak and it stands apart from the crowd. I'm not trading it in.

I agree, very well put..

:thumbsup: nice!

One of our local ride groups have about a dozen members with S1000RR's.

As you say, its like apples and oranges. I agree. Very different bikes.
I would take the Busa every time for touring, pillion work, as a base to build
a monster horsepower bike or just the fact that its a nicer bike to be on in most cases.

As a competitive bike, back road scraching, track days, or even at the strip in stock or
mild mod trim the BMW really is a step up from the latest Sportsbikes, many of which
were already a match for the Busa.

Do I want one ? No, not really, doesnt suit what I want and do ?

But to slag it off is a little like saying a Farrari is crap because it cant carry as much as
my Ute / pick up truck. The Busa hasn't "had its day" because its still the best at what it does.

What makes many of the comparisons completely irrelevant is that these top end
performance bikes are sold on what they have the ability to do, not what the rider
will (or could) ever do with them. To run in the 9's out of the crate or put in low times
lapping a WSB track is great, and although it does seem to sell bikes (even the Busa had
an appeal as "the worlds fastest") it hs very little to do with a streetbike rider other
than those more interested in image than the real pleasure of riding.

Otto, you are a person of intelligence and wisdom...(at least from that post!)

I own other bikes and will own even more but I will probably always own a Busa'. I have a line on a low mile Duc. 916 right now, hope to add it to my garage soon.

My 2000 has turned into a winter project with a 1397 kit, full carbon fiber body and total rebuild. I hope to be riding it as soon as the weather breaks in the spring. I am shooting for 420# dry and 210+ rwhp. That kind of performance with the comfort a Busa' provides will probably make it my "most ridden".

The 2003? copper LE is one of the most beautiful bikes ever made in my opinion. The late Gen1 white is a close second. They would have to make an exceptional Gen III to get me to leave the Gen I. I have a friend with the Orange/Black 08' Gen II that I almost bought and am glad I didn't. Personal taste, not my style with the wide ass and horrible exhaust. The ride/performance difference isn't worth putting up with or modifying my dislikes.

IMHO, Suzuki has no desire to cater to the loyal. They have to pay attention to the almighty dollar. If "Hypertourer's" are not selling well enough to support their development then they are probably gone without a tear.

Thank you.:beerchug:

Did I mention how much I love it?:laugh:

VERY fine and very "finished" looking.
I cannot see how anyone can want more bike than this, or something like this, but of course, there are thousands out there with hundreds of ideas as to what THEY would add or change to suit themselves.
That is the beauty of the Busa. It adapts easily to one's taste.

that is the beauty of the busa. It adapts easily to one's taste.

+1000

Did I mention how much attention it gets from people that don't even ride? That's another thing I love about this bike.:-)

Last edited:
VERY fine and very "finished" looking.
I cannot see how anyone can want more bike than this,
or something like this, but of course, there are thousands out there with hundreds
of ideas as to what THEY would add or change to suit themselves.
That is the beauty of the Busa. It adapts easily to one's taste.

Really....so if Suzuki were to come out with a factory bolt on to instantly
add 20 hp for say $100...you wouldn't get one, want one, or ever put it on ???

You guy have limited vision, oh sure nice bike and I love mine and will never
sell her but with the kind of thinking I see here, if you guys were in charge of
bike developement, we'd all be riding the exact same bikes of 20+ years ago...
I mean who could want more than a cbx, or a blackbird...I'm sure they thought
the same thing back then.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Whoooohooo....:cheerleader:
CBX-oarf-xl.jpg

Last edited:
I think you missed the point I was making. The s1000r and the zx10r are different machines for different purposes. It's apples and oranges.

Yeah I understand your point but they are all performance machines with a
capital P and the whole apple to oranges arguments are an excuse and
a little bit :bs:

Lets look at what the original busa was all about...it was designed to set the
the land speed record and BLOW EVERYTHING out of the water, handle well,
and even be comfy.

Now that Suzuki hasn't continued it, we have the arguments of how it no longer
is the busa's purpose and how at least it's comfy, etc. etc. sport tourer etc.

The purpose of the busa never changed, the competion just moved up and
Suzuki never gave the busa it's just due or what it deserves.

I understand it's not being raced in the ama or they should do a complete
update it every 2 years but for the love of God...if your only going to an update
once EVERY 10 YEARS...then at least make it a true update. (heck the new
gsxr 600 just dropped another 20lbs and the thing didn't weigh anything to
begin with)

The busa doesn't have to be religated to just a sport tourer.

I understand were not going to smoke the liters on a trackday but we should
be able to walk and out top end anything in a straight line especially with a
major cc advantage...if we can't (which we can't) it's cause Suzuki dropped the
ball.

Now we've got liters that take us in the quarter, not to mention all the wiz bang
electronics and it's the apples to oranges argument...I don't think so...quarter mile
is a quarter mile. Let's not forget the busa's ORIGINAL purpose.

Lots of very good and interesting opinions. One thing is for sure, we all love this bike.:beerchug:

The little destriction problem Kawi has with their new bike, may be a sign of what to expect in the near future. Perhaps if the Gen II Busa was launched with a 200 + hp motor, the Fed would also have reacted, who knows? Maybe Zuk is better connected than we think?

If new models just keep getting faster and faster and faster, at some point I guess the Fed will step in. The threat remains in Europe, to follow France and allow a maximum of 106hp.

What I like about the Busa in particular, is it's stability at high speed, which is difficult to do without possibly putting your life in the hands of a LEO on that one special day.

I'm not so sure about the Busa comfort thing.:whistle:

For comfort, I can see myself on one of these:

BMW Motorrad USA

And for a rush, I would look at a track bike which eats up the twisties and do it on the track.

Personally, I think the Busa was a legend of all times, but the end is in sight. Perhaps it ends up as a drag bike, for those who like modifying, pulling the power out of the motor and chasing the 1/4 mile.

That's my 2c's worth.

Last edited:
Eh? What year are you living in, Saiid? The Gen II came out in 2008!

Ok maybe folks down under can't count so let me help you ,
Here we go:
2008 first year
2009 second year
2010 third year
and the 2011 models are already in Europe and Japan so guess what ?
That makes FOUR years :poke:

Get a life....has nothing to do with President Obama. Restrictions have been a way of life for a while, that's why the 99 Busa is the only year that's not restricted...

+1
I honestly think Justyntym has nightmares of Obama chasing him or something ? Ever single post is little more than blaming him for something ?
Been president for not even two yrs and he's responsible for all of our problems ?

Ok maybe folks down under can't count so let me help you ,
Here we go:
2008 first year
2009 second year
2010 third year
and the 2011 models are already in Europe and Japan so guess what ?
That makes FOUR years :poke:

No. We're still in 2010, so it can't be four years old. :p

Back