Future of the Busa

I don't care what happens .
I've got one now and like my guns ain't nobody taking it away.
The genII is only 3-4 yrs old . Give it a couple more .
My bet is the 2014 Busa will be BaaaaaaaD Azz !

The Busa is done like everything else when the Mayan Calender ends! 12-21-2012

Hatin' the Mayan's! :cheerleader:

umm,, are there any mayan's here, cuz,, I don't want any mayan's coming after me! :whistle:

For me, it doesn't matter what comes out. It can have 200-250hp, If I can't be comfortable riding for more than 20 hours in a day, it's not for me. That's what I love about my Busa. It has the power, the comfort, and the looks.

I got to say my busa is the best looking bike I have ever seen. You can get high HP from a lot of different bikes. Now you add comfort and style and the bus is hands down the best fit for me. Besides I still get " ah man you got a busa? What, they go like 250mph don't they?" Then someone chimes in and says they beat one on there brothers friends uncles 600...

Man, I love this bike!!!:bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:
4584580115_ae414a721a_b.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

i think suzuki will try to make the 1000 the main competitor for kawi....reason being is because the busa in in a class of its own!!!:thumbsup:

I'm fine with the Busa as is, great comfort and plenty of acceleration, more than what should be used for the street. I don't need anymore hp or top end. Seeing as how there are many 300-350 hp daily drivers out there, and some 5,6, or 700hp not so daily drivers who find their way to the street. Not sure why people want Suzuki to find the power for them, if you want more power, better braking run a quick search :laugh:

Those that need or want more power to make the youngsters who read the mags and go out and buy the fastest bike on paper they can find. Even though maybe only 1 out of thousand will get that mid 9 sec run out of it that they read about, who cares :laugh:

Last edited:
Gee...should I start ripping on the ineptitude of Suzuki managment and the
warmed over Gen 1.5 decade old half :moon: update YET AGAIN....NAH.

But like I've said at least 10 times already...if Suzuki had done a decent job...
we wouldn't have threads like these. :whistle:

But if the kool-aid drinkers think Suzuki has a magic treasure chest of goodies
waiting to be unleashed to appease your desires :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Suzuki gives not one iota of crap about us or any customers...short sighted
money vision is all Suzuki managment is reduced to (and it happened LONG
LONG before the economy tanked).

I've been thinking this since I bought my 'Busa, and actually started keeping tabs on all the sport bikes that are out.

Ya know what.... I have a '99.... the first year 'Busa. More or less bone stock and it's fun as all hell.

The first gen was the exact same damn bike for what????? 9 effing years. yeah, WTFH suzuki??? 9 YEARS!!!!! and the update for the gen 2... really?? yeah it's nicer, but for what I got my '99 for money wise, I could buy 2 of them for the price of one left over '09. Not worth it for the lack luster performance gain.

All they really needed to do was drop some weight off of it IMO.

Hell, dial it down to 1000cc keep the ergo's and lose a butt load of LBS.

Seriously, that's the only thing holding this bike back... the weight.

Look at all the litre bikes making as much or more power out of the box than the 'Busa. WTF is the point in the extra weight or CC's if you're still pulling the same (less) numbers?

Shed some LBS, make the CC's count, get in the f'ing game or get out of it. It's just gotten sad how behind Suzuki seems to be at the moment.

Moloko, have you seen where Suzuki is in the world SBK standings?, I think they are still in the game. Better hope Aprillia doesnt want to build a sport touring bike

First off has anyone seen the Kaw on a dyno getting 200hp at the rear wheel? I dout it and lets say all the rumors are tru just take a busa to 200hp it is very easy and cheap and you still have less money in your bike and it still looks and rides better the kaws are ugly but hey they are fast but hey you will most likely never go that fast well oyu might not:laugh:

Looking for whats to come in the future. Really going to be interesting to see how Suz counters this. Still love the Busa. Been top bike on my list since '99!

it will be a up and down battle. I do not think suzuki is prepared to just walk away, I am sure there is something in the works. we were top dog forever we can give it up for a few years if we had to.

When I bought my Busa in 05 it was because it fit me I am 6'2 in boots and at the time weighed well over 350lbs there was a R1 sitting there that I didn't fit on. I brought the Busa home broke it in and bolted a Turbo to it (more honestly had it bolted to it) After loosing a bunch of weight I bought a Ducati 999 Great bike , lots of torque nimble as hell. Never rode it after 3 years it had 4800 miles on it. It was simply to uncomfortable for me to ride regularly so I traded it for a B King. In the 13 months I have had the B King it now has 9k on it. the Busa has just under 20k What they have in common is comfort and Torque. Oh and Manufacturer I have a couple of other bikes in the garage from two other makers love them too. I am not a worshiper of any one brand. Here is what I know the next bike I buy is most likely going to be a Naked my reality Is that I rarely brake 130 mph
I am 52 so "I am to old to fold" I wont be getting rid of my Busa but it seems unlikely I will buy another

The original is the only true Busa. The so-called Gen.IIs are ugly as hell and gained a bunch of weight. The real Busas will always be classics, you cannot top them, they are iconic.

And with the yen WAY too strong, all Japanese poducts are going to get stupid expensive.

I've been thinking this since I bought my 'Busa, and actually started keeping tabs on all the sport bikes that are out.

Ya know what.... I have a '99.... the first year 'Busa. More or less bone stock and it's fun as all hell.

The first gen was the exact same damn bike for what????? 9 effing years. yeah, WTFH suzuki??? 9 YEARS!!!!! and the update for the gen 2... really?? yeah it's nicer, but for what I got my '99 for money wise, I could buy 2 of them for the price of one left over '09. Not worth it for the lack luster performance gain.

All they really needed to do was drop some weight off of it IMO.

Hell, dial it down to 1000cc keep the ergo's and lose a butt load of LBS.

Seriously, that's the only thing holding this bike back... the weight.

Look at all the litre bikes making as much or more power out of the box than the 'Busa. WTF is the point in the extra weight or CC's if you're still pulling the same (less) numbers?

Shed some LBS, make the CC's count, get in the f'ing game or get out of it. It's just gotten sad how behind Suzuki seems to be at the moment.

They did all that. It's called the GSX-R1000. :rolleyes:

The 'Busa is not, nor has it ever been a Supersport bike. It wasn't designed for superbike racing so why expect that it should compete with the ZX-10, S1000RR, etc? It's a fast, stable platform with all day comfort. You want to fight Fireblades? Buy the aforementioned Gixxer.

The Hayabusa is a legend and has nothing to prove. :bowdown:

The original is the only true Busa. The so-called Gen.IIs are ugly as hell and gained a bunch of weight. The real Busas will always be classics, you cannot top them, they are iconic.

And with the yen WAY too strong, all Japanese poducts are going to get stupid expensive.

The only weight that the Gen2 gained was in the exhaust system. And that comes off with a few bolts.

Styling is always a personal thing so if you prefer one over the other, so be it.

I think that the only one that will ever achieve actual "classic" status will be the 1999 in copper/silver. Unrestricted, with in-your-face colours. That's the bike people picture when they think Hayabusa. :thumbsup:

Back