Anyone ever buy a bike without spouse knowing?

It comes down to money for most. If you've got enough extra that she won't miss $10k then it's probably no big deal. But when some are struggling to pay bills and THEN go buy a bike, I can see the wife/spouse getting pissed. :banghead:

Just make sure you take care of everything else and they shouldn't have a reason to b!tch... ;)

I told the wife on a Sat. I was going to look at Bikes, She said you have 2 daughters and you dont need a bike.

Tues when she came home I asked her did she want to see my new bike in the garage.

She wasnt happy but when I opened the door the first thing out of her mouth was, That is pretty. ( I now have 3 bikes :laugh: )

My wife bought me(us) a Yamaha Stratoliner for my BDay in 2006. I loved the bike but was not entirely satisfied so I saved up $7500 in cash and went and got my 06 in November 2006. She was pissed for a few weeks.:rofl:

I didn't dare buy the bike without her knowing but she's not privy to any of my (& up'n coming) accessories.

I don't mean just buying it without asking, I mean;

Buying it, Insuring it, and storing it invisibly.

Just curious.

Yes, twice, I didn't hide the first one though. The second one, the busa, she didn't know about for a few days. She saw something in the garage covered with a sheet. She wasn't very happy.

Kev

My wife bought me(us) a Yamaha Stratoliner for my BDay in 2006. I loved the bike but was not entirely satisfied so I saved up $7500 in cash and went and got my 06 in November 2006. She was pissed for a few weeks.:rofl:

Well, she's a keeper for sure!

Bought the Busa the same colour as the previous bike. Sat in the garage for 2 days before she noticed it was different. Rolled her eyes and said, "whatever"....

...and sooo this spouse person is supposed to influence my decision to buy a motorcycle? :moon: I don't think so...

I moved to Vegas 5 months before my wife. She stayed in Calif so the kids could finish school. I bought the BUSA without her knowledge. When she would come to Vegas on the weekends I would park it in a neighbors garage. Right before she came to Vegas for good I told her about it. Conversation went something like "Babe, I did something really bad". She said, "What does she look like? Is she a stripper? Did you sleep with her?" I said "Maybe it isn't so bad... I bought a sportbike". I still ended up sleeping on the couch for two nights but she got over it.

In the long run the Busa was much cheaper than the $60K I spent on my last bike I built! It was all about the money with her not the thought of the bike itself.

How many nights on the couch for the stripper?:laugh:

I was a couple states away when I bought mine and I told her after I had it, all she said was don't pay all that noney for a bike then start buying a bunch of stuff for it. lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was a couple states away when I bought mine and I told her after I had it, all she said was don't pay all that noney for a bike then start buying a bunch of stuff for it. lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nahhhhhhhhh that never happens :whistle:

a lot of great advice in this thread!

just to round out the ideas consider this; Would you ask your bike for permission to cheat on your wife? (...probably)

I actually hid my first bike, i was 16 and bought my 95 gsxr 750 from my boss, had thrown the idea around and all i got out of my parents was you come home while your under our roof with a bike and you better have a place to stay(and they dont joke around) So i used to leave it at work at night since i could have it inside, get up stupid early and leave for "lacrosse practice" drive to work, leave my car there take the bike to school and then go to work after that, worked out great, they actually didnt find out till 2 years after i sold it when i wrecked the first busa lol:whistle:

When i bought the replacement for my stolen truck she knew i was going to look that saturday but i didnt get phone service out where the dealer was so i never told her i bought it, was in the driveway when she got home... A bright flame red 06 ram 2500 crew cab long bed with a 6" superlift and 20" rockstars, parked right next to her spot in the driveway....she came in and i asked her what she thought, her:about what? Me: the new truck. Her:what new truck, wheres it at..Me:Guess i shoulda bought a bigger one you parked next to it:laugh:

When i got the busa she knew about it but i didnt let on to anyone else i was getting it since i traded a really really nice pro street car for it, i knew everyone would be all over my case if i said anything so i just waited till people came by after i got it, would go out into the garage and the first thing they'd say was hey, where the hells the camaro, holy crap that bikes sick:rofl:

Me and a buddy both ordered Busas on a fishing trip. Long story best suited for a M&G.:whistle:

If my husband did that, and I found out I would be very disappointed that he hid it from me. If she loves you, then she would want to be part you getting your new bike. When my husband got his Busa i was mad I had to wait to see it. I went with him to get his track bike, and he went with me to get mine. If you are in a relationship, you should share that kind of stuff. Not that it is a money thing, but a respect thing. If you hide this from her, what else will she think you are hiding from her. Is it worth it?

I buy fairly often. She just says "where'd the white [or whatever] come from"
When she's a bit raggy ; "Where'd the f'in white one come from."
She's happy it's not another women.

PS just rented a HD Heritage in Chicago and she liked it and asked if we could get one.
Only women I ever loved except for mom and grammy.

Last edited:
Back