Best Buy ruined my Evo

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So went to best buy and got the invisible shield by Zagg installed. They screwed it up and had to redo it a few times so finally they get it right and i turn it on as im walking out and find the below photo. I was so mad. But they are getting me a brand new one as soon as they get one in any of the stores in the county... Still... dont have best buy install any kind of shield on your phones... The phone isnt ruined but the screen in kind of messed up. I just got this phone friday....:banghead:

DSC08054.jpg

DSC08053.jpg

DSC08047.jpg

the first picture was like 45 minutes after the 3rd one. You can see how it progressively got worse. At this moment the bars strach all across the screen. I can still use the phone entirely but still... they ruined my brand new phone...

I install the invisible shields all the time, it depends on who and how patient they are! I've been installing them for the last year and half and haven't had any problems!
Posted via Mobile Device

I install the invisible shields all the time, it depends on who and how patient they are! I've been installing them for the last year and half and haven't had any problems!
Posted via Mobile Device

ive done it myself before and ruined one before i got it right. but figured why not and just paid 8 bucks to let what i thought was people that were good at it install it... i was wrong

ive done it myself before and ruined one before i got it right. but figured why not and just paid 8 bucks to let what i thought was people that were good at it install it... i was wrong

When you pay the $8 they are now responsible for the installation of the zagg which makes it there problem. I am the bestbuy mobile manager at my store and if it were one of my employees that done that we would just exchange it.
Posted via Mobile Device

When you pay the $8 they are now responsible for the installation of the zagg which makes it there problem. I am the bestbuy mobile manager at my store and if it were one of my employees that done that we would just exchange it.
Posted via Mobile Device

they didnt have any evos to exchange... or are you talking about the zagg shield?

Posted via Mobile Device

that good business:thumbsup:

to clarify thats not my zagg shield that screwed up... water got down in my screen when they did it somehow which ruined the inside... they ruined the led display of the phone itself

Last edited:
they didnt have any evos to exchange... or are you talking about the zagg shield?

They should give you a new zagg and evo if they messed it up, that's what I would have done if one of my peeps done that.
Posted via Mobile Device

They should give you a new zagg and evo if they messed it up, that's what I would have done if one of my peeps done that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah they are trying to get a new evo but gave me a bunch of lies. Didnt mention they were closed today and said they would call today. There is going to be alot of hell raised there tomorrow

Yeah they are trying to get a new evo but gave me a bunch of lies. Didnt mention they were closed today and said they would call today. There is going to be alot of hell raised there tomorrow
There closed today? That's strange because were open.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah all the local stores here in palm desert, ca are closed. i just looked at the hours and they dont open til 10. Kinda late to open? but guess ill wait til they open

Last edited:
yeah all the local stores here in palm desert, ca are closed. i just looked at the hours and they dont open til 10. Kinda late to open? but guess ill wait til they open

Normal hours are 10am monday through friday. Shoot me a pm if you have any other questions.
Posted via Mobile Device

An Evo magically popped up at a nearby store so they had it brough to their store in 20 mins. They were going to give me a samsung epic as a loaner but i just got my evo replaced instead. And they installed the zagg shield properly. Only took them one time this time instead of 10

I read the title of this thread and thought why would anybody be stupid enough to take their Evo to Best Buy? Why would you expect Best Buy to know anything about Mitsubishi Lancers?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:beerchug:

cheers
ken

Back