Anyone shoot a ruger 10/22?

I have a SR-22. I put a Leupold scope on it. Kind of a high priced plinker:thumbsup:

There was a write up in the NRA rifleman magazine last month on different manufacturers with tac .22's

how do you like it?
have you used a 10/22?
I am either going to modify a 10/22 or go this route for my nephew.

PS: are the bullpup set-ups not made anymore?

was checkin them out- bullpupgunstocks.com has the kit for a 10-22.
which 10-22 should i get to do this mod? (tactical, target, etc.)

So i picked up a used ruger 10/22 today for $60 bucks. What do you all think of this deal?

ruger.jpg

how do you like it?
have you used a 10/22?
I am either going to modify a 10/22 or go this route for my nephew.

PS: are the bullpup set-ups not made anymore?

This is my first 10/22.
I have always wanted one and when they came out with the SR-22...I jumped on it. I paid a little under $490 for it and put another $230 in the scope.

It is fun to shoot and mine is very accurate out to 100yds. I sighted it in with some cheap winchester 333 ammo and it shot appx 20 rounds within 2 inches.
According to a write up the SR-22 did best with CCI tactical No. 0953 40 gr. CPRN ammo. The author got an average of .95 group at 50yds.
The December 2010 American Rifleman magazine has a good comparison article on tactical .22's. Remington scored a little better with the same ammo...the rest were rock chunkers.

A 25 round clip is a must...the 50 is even better. I blow through 10 rounds too quickly.

If you are capable, you could probably build one cheaper in a conversion.

So i picked up a used ruger 10/22 today for $60 bucks. What do you all think of this deal?

good deal....let the mods begin:beerchug:

When sports authority had a grand opening here a few years ago, they had 100 10/22 for $99. They sold out in less than an hour.:laugh:

Only use standard power ammo in it.
'Stingers' will make it jam as they create too much bolt speed and won't properly eject.

So i called ruger today and gave them the serial number, is was bought in january of 1972 and the catalog number is 10/22r which means its a carbine. My next question is this old of .22, ever changed dramatically over the years other than barrel length?

So i called ruger today and gave them the serial number, is was bought in january of 1972 and the catalog number is 10/22r which means its a carbine. My next question is this old of .22, ever changed dramatically over the years other than barrel length?

NOPE !
Ain't broke don't fix it.
Design is solid and for the most part unimprovable.

Like you say they have added diff models over the years but function and design of the 10/22 hasn't changed.

Sweet, now its just time to decide from the Tapco stock or the butler creek foldable.....any thoughts?

my local Big 5 has an "Archangel" tactical kit.

Is this typical of the aftermarket stuff, seems kind of cheap sitting on the shelf in a clear plastic box.

the last thing I want to do is turn a fun little gun into a plastic toy, that won't be able to hit target.

Anyone modded one, and also used one of the .22 tactical rifles like the ATI or even the SR/22. Are they close?

Mossberg now makes a tactical 22lr that's only $200
Pretty cool, but I think it's all plastic...
I myself have 2- 10/22's and an AR, so no need to tacticool the 10/22

Here's my then 8 year old nephew with my plain jane 10/22. He needs to work on his stance a little, but he's getting there..
Steve_D60_265.JPG

Back