Anyone ever buy a bike without spouse knowing?

My girlfriend told me that I could not have a bike so I went to Sarasota and bought my busa. Does that count?

All 4 of these in 4 months. I bought each and just parked them in the garage. :poke:
I guess its MY own gift for getting married :whistle:

m109rk6a0018.jpg

I had about a $10k engine built for one of my street cars and didnt tell her. I told both the kids and we had lots of fun joking in front of her about it. She was clueless until she saw it. She really wouldn't care either way as long as the bills are paid.

My dad didnt come home straight from work one day and my mom was worried, until he pulled up the drive on a 2006 Harley Davidson Sportster. She told him to take it back, he said in a few days and eventually she gave in. Then one day last year on his way home from work someone ran a stop light and and hit the back end of the bike, hit and run during rush hour and noone saw anything. He was in the hospital for 2 months, good thing is Harley Davidson fixed the bike for free.

I bought my wife her second bike, Suzuki SV650, as a gift 6 weeks before she got it. It was kept in the garage under the same cover as her previous bike and she never new it was there until I suggested we go for a ride.

I don't mean just buying it without asking, I mean;

Buying it, Insuring it, and storing it invisibly.

Just curious.

Who are you? Are my wife masquerading to find out what we talk about on the board? ??? Yes, I bought my '06 and kept it down in San Diego for exactly 6 months before an insurance notice went to the house in Berdoo and I got a phone call. Her: "Do we own a 2006 Suzuki?" Me: "Why?" Her: "Because I have an insurance notice that says we have a 2006 Suzuki insured, did you buy that motorcycle?" Me: "Yep" Her: "Don't you think we should have talked about it first?" Me: "Nope" Her: "Don't you think we should at least of had a conversation?" Me: "Nope, you don't work for the money and you don't ride so what would be the point? You just would say no."

I should add that I already had two bikes in the garage and have been riding for over 44 yrs long before I met her.

Don't Get Me Started..............:rulez: After the purchase they will Eventually Understand :whistle:

Yep, she got over it!

:thumbsup:

Better come clean now before she finds out :)

I'm curious how you ride it ?
What do you do leave in the car , drive over to the storage place and then go for a ride ?

Doesn't she smell the gas and exhaust on you from the other woman ?

Thats exactly what I do, I really don't trust my neighborhood at all. My neighbors on both sides had bikes stolen. Hell someone stole my gas can right off my porch wile I was in the backyard.

I had a friend that traded in a new YZ-250 every year without his wife knowing (or letting on she knew). I remember him getting a red seat cover in 90-91 when the new models came out with the pink/purple seat. A few years later he had to buy custom white plastic when the blue ones came out.

He eventually traded in the wife before he went to a 426.

:whistle:

That's what I don't understand about most people. Women are very crafty in hiding purchases from their husbands. Buying $800 purses and $400 shoes while going undetected. But if the typical husband spends $14 on a car part they NEED, all hell breaks loose.

It'd be nice, and hopeful, knowing there are at least SOME sane couples out there. ???

Just be up front with her and break it to her easy. Last bike I bought was the VTX1800. I took it home and put it in the driveway. Asked her if she saw my new bike? She said you don't have a new bike, and I said the hell I don't.:laugh::thumbsup:

Just be up front with her and break it to her easy. Last bike I bought was the VTX1800. I took it home and put it in the driveway. Asked her if she saw my new bike? She said you don't have a new bike, and I said the hell I don't.:laugh::thumbsup:

I LIKE it!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My wife went on vacation to Myrtle Beach. In the 7 days that she was gone, I sold my ZX-12R and bought my 'busa.. When she got back I didn't say anything. I just rolled it out the garage like it was my ZX-12R to go to work. She did a double take, shook her head and went in the house. :laugh:

I told my wife about this. She said that if I got a bike of roughly the same colour as my '06, I'd get away with it, because she doesn't actually know what my bike looks like. (Typical woman: "What kind of car do you drive?" "Uh....a white one.")

Anyway, when I wanted to get a Busa I didn't ask my wife, I told her. I pointed out that I'd just paid off the mortgage (at age 32!) so she couldn't complain about that. (Of course, now she wants me to buy her a new house...)

Last edited:
Be honest about it with her and if it was meant to be, she'll be cool with it... If not, there's a ton of hot chicks out there who dig guys on bikes... :thumbsup: Just sayin... :whistle:

Best of luck to you! :beerchug:

Vega, that statement does not apply to you. There are a ton of other chicks in the sea, but in my opinion, I don't think you could trade up :laugh: That is quite a woman you have there.

LOL... (SIDEBAR) My wife did get a Coach bag out of me as part of the reconcilation process.. I considered the additional $450 as collateral damage :whistle:

I told my wife about this. She said that if I got a bike of roughly the same colour as my '06, I'd get away with it, because she doesn't actually know what my bike looks like. (Typical woman: "What kind of car do you drive?" "Uh....a white one.")

Anyway, when I wanted to get a Busa I didn't ask my wife, I told her. I pointed out that I'd just paid off the mortgage (at age 32!) so she couldn't complain about that. (Of course, now she wants me to buy her a new house...)

I moved to Vegas 5 months before my wife. She stayed in Calif so the kids could finish school. I bought the BUSA without her knowledge. When she would come to Vegas on the weekends I would park it in a neighbors garage. Right before she came to Vegas for good I told her about it. Conversation went something like "Babe, I did something really bad". She said, "What does she look like? Is she a stripper? Did you sleep with her?" I said "Maybe it isn't so bad... I bought a sportbike". I still ended up sleeping on the couch for two nights but she got over it.

In the long run the Busa was much cheaper than the $60K I spent on my last bike I built! It was all about the money with her not the thought of the bike itself.

Last edited:
Back