Anyone ever use GunBroker.com?

I have purchased two guns in the last month on GunBroker. I have had good luck on the site.

Our local gun dealers are stupid expensive.

BTW Daniel, what FFL do you use for your transfers?

Sorry, I missed this earlier...

I've used GT for long gun transfers. Honestly, I don't care much for that place anymore though. Back in the day, you had to be in the military/LEO/security community to even get buzzed in the front door. Since they opened up the the public, they've had a lot of turnover in their sales staff. Much of the current staff doesn't want to be bothered unless you walk in wearing a uniform and badge. In that case, they'll kiss your butt up one side and down the other.

I think there's only one guy still working the floor from the old days. His name is Cotton, and his desk is on the corner of the counter directly in front of you as you come in the door. He stays very busy, but will take great care of you. Sorry for the rant.

For handgun transfers, I don't really know what to tell you. Quick Cash Pawn Shop on Rossville Blvd is good to deal with, but they are pretty expensive. I think they charge something like $50 for the first transferred item and $10 per additional item in a transaction. Shooters Depot seems like they would be good to deal with. I think they charge $40. I would just call around and see who will do it cheapest.

You can find local FFLs on gunbroker who will do transfer for less than that.
$20-25 should be the max, some charge $15.

Sorry, I missed this earlier...

I've used GT for long gun transfers. Honestly, I don't care much for that place anymore though. Back in the day, you had to be in the military/LEO/security community to even get buzzed in the front door. Since they opened up the the public, they've had a lot of turnover in their sales staff. Much of the current staff doesn't want to be bothered unless you walk in wearing a uniform and badge. In that case, they'll kiss your butt up one side and down the other.

I think there's only one guy still working the floor from the old days. His name is Cotton, and his desk is on the corner of the counter directly in front of you as you come in the door. He stays very busy, but will take great care of you. Sorry for the rant.

For handgun transfers, I don't really know what to tell you. Quick Cash Pawn Shop on Rossville Blvd is good to deal with, but they are pretty expensive. I think they charge something like $50 for the first transferred item and $10 per additional item in a transaction. Shooters Depot seems like they would be good to deal with. I think they charge $40. I would just call around and see who will do it cheapest.

Yea I can see that... When I was in there with Charlie there was a few nice guys but nothing crazy helpful. I just like to look at their collection :)

I think I may just use Carter's in the future if they are good with it since they are so close to my house and only charge $30

Gunbroker is a great place to find out what is out there (items you won't likely find retail in a local store) and what might be considered competitive pricing if you do. If you have an item to sell it will also tell you a range it might sell for. Good luck Jay, one of these days I'll have to show you what I plunked a deposit down on this last weekend :thumbsup:

Gunbroker is a great place to find out what is out there (items you won't likely find retail in a local store) and what might be considered competitive pricing if you do. If you have an item to sell it will also tell you a range it might sell for. Good luck Jay, one of these days I'll have to show you what I plunked a deposit down on this last weekend :thumbsup:

Is it gun or motorcycle related???

Either way, I want to see it!

Back