**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

Tire pressure was 24 cold..not good should have been 30cold 33 hot. My front warmer burnt out last Sunday.. I borrowed a friend's backup today. 2nd lap in I am guessing low pressure and possibly ugly cold tire? Dunno
Same line same speed I always take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tire pressure was 24 cold..not good should have been 30cold 33 hot. My front warmer burnt out last Sunday.. I borrowed a friend's backup today. 2nd lap in I am guessing low pressure and possibly ugly cold tire? Dunno

Sabrina said; dam looks like he lost weight

That sucks, glad you are ok. Rough weekend for bikes this weekend!

There is no shame in crashin Jay! Do the Red Green special, tape that puppy up with duc-tape and get back on!

Not ashamed at all.... If it helps, The lap before I had turned my new personal best of 1:39.5 and was well on my way to quicker :laugh:

That is how I am going to look in October.. Gonna put on a clip-in, rear set, and windscreen and pounds of duct tape!!!! But then I wont be as worried about keeping her pretty :laugh:

Well I am the other that bit the dust this weekend. In turn 3 before heading up the hill to 4, I got too hard on the gas when I saw an instructor up ahead and was going to try to catch him. Rear slid out and luckily just laid down rather than highsided. Broken clip-on, bent rearset, my day was done.... Luckily got my spot for today sold. Damage isn't too bad... Gear did what it was supposed to do and I jumped up immediately to pick up my bike with no damage...

more to come later.

Thank goodness I didn't run over you - as I was RIGHT BEHIND YOU; I couldn't really see what happened because I was trying with all my being to LOOK AWAY and not RUN OVER YOU.

Well, at least the record still (barely) stands for at least another 2 weeks!

Chris, what tire? What was Air temp? Looks like lowside to me...

Kr449 slick.
Front is 33
Rear 23
I had rear at 21 cold
I forgot to put a shot in the front Cuz I got to messin with my buddy borrowed warmer ( never did get it up to temp- 65° is all I could get out of it)
This was my second lap of the day.

Kr449 slick.
Front is 33
Rear 23
I had rear at 21 cold
I forgot to put a shot in the front Cuz I got to messin with my buddy borrowed warmer ( never did get it up to temp- 65° is all I could get out of it)
This was my second lap of the day.

That's about right on pressure/warmers. I have found I get 6-7 pounds difference between cold and hot coming off track. In those early morning sessions...gotta hold off just a little bit...

So at this point, just about everyone who posts in this thread has been down on the track at high speed and received little or no injury from it. I think that's a pretty good argument in favor of taking high-speed action to the track and wearing good gear. No amount of money spent on gear is going to save you from a fast impact with a hard object like a car or power pole.

That's about right on pressure/warmers. I have found I get 6-7 pounds difference between cold and hot coming off track. In those early morning sessions...gotta hold off just a little bit...

Yep.
Costly mistake.
Brembo front lever.
Rear brake line busted(smashed from can)
bent fairing stay (easy fix)
Cracked rear tail and cosmetic fairing damage..

So at this point, just about everyone who posts in this thread has been down on the track at high speed and received little or no injury from it. I think that's a pretty good argument in favor of taking high-speed action to the track and wearing good gear. No amount of money spent on gear is going to save you from a fast impact with a hard object like a car or power pole.

Gloves leathers and boots all worked perfect..no repairs needed.
Helmet also worked great...but serious crack and scrape...need replaced. I would replace even if no visual damage anyway.

I can't remember if I posted up my crash @ VIR a couple weeks ago. I feel good, recovering well, was riding one week after surgery, fixed bike the weekend after surgery. Pics below.

IMG_1232[1].jpg

IMG_1304[1].jpg

IMG_1291[3].jpg

IMG_1293[4].jpg

IMG_1294[1].jpg

IMG_1315[1].jpg

Trey, I'm glad you're recovering well. I think you probably sustained the worst injury of us all. Hopefully we can ride together again next season. :thumbsup:

I can't remember if I posted up my crash @ VIR a couple weeks ago. I feel good, recovering well, was riding one week after surgery, fixed bike the weekend after surgery. Pics below.

Man looking at that wrist makes me realize I could have been worse off. Glad you are healing up and bike looks great.

I will park it til spring and get her fixed up. Usually start the year off with a local track in march then Barber in April. Charles and I are shooting for a trip to Road America in Wisconsin next year. Would be cool is some of you guys could make it.

Trey had it worse? I dont know about you guys but the pic below CLEARLY shows that I came out of my crash worse than anyone!!
I'm all doped up on pain pills now and have surgery for reattachment tomorrow :rofl: :rofl:

IMAG0092_zps577733c8.jpg

Thanks! I'm real worried about it. I have been told to expect a 3 month recovery :rofl:

I'm sure that's what you told your employer - so you won't mind if I send them a video of you next month at the track? :)

Hey Charlie: Talk to Tuf about why that infrared temp tester is not reliable and how/where to get one that will give an accurate temp reading......

Back