ZOMG this is the greatest bike ever

Garrison

Registered
I went today to pick up my new baby and after GMbusa assured me that it should be fine to ride if I took it easy (which I did... Mostly) I started on a one hour trip back to my school.
This is, without doubt, the greatest bike to ever grace the face of the earth. It's sleek, sexy, very smooth, powerful, comfortable... F*ck me. It's perfect.

Thank you everyone who talked me into this I owe you so much.
what kind of pipe is that, btw?

100_2015.jpg

100_2016.jpg

100_2017.jpg

100_2018.jpg

And now my mangled up sprocket:
100_2019.jpg

And now a question, my headlight has no support piece underneath it and sags because of it.
What can I fab, or buy that will fix this?
Underside of the light housing:
100_2024.jpg

Last edited:
stock pipe,need new sprocket and chain

check ot MRCYCLES for the piece you need for your nose/headlight assembly

ohyeah.congrats

If it is stock, the 4 - X - 2 has be modified. No pipe on the other side. ???

That bike has been pulling hard with that wear. Time for new front and rear sprockets as well as a chain IMHO. I have only seen wear like that on a straighline track bike.

Last edited:
I guess you like the bike? :thumbsup: Congrats bro, yep, time for new sprocket and chain. Be safe man!

Good choice in colors! :laugh: What happened to the bike? Looks like it was laid over at least once. Looks like a Hindle pipe to me, but not certain. Replace the sprockets and chain for sure. How many miles on the bike?

Good choice in colors! :laugh: What happened to the bike? Looks like it was laid over at least once. Looks like a Hindle pipe to me, but not certain. Replace the sprockets and chain for sure. How many miles on the bike?

It's got 20k on it. Thanks, I love the color scheme too, and yeah he said it was down once, and someone in a truck apparently backed into him, but it runs like a top. I'm very impressed with the torque and instant throttle response. It will get you into trouble quick!

And yeah I'm still wondering about the pipe. It's got a great sound to it.

Oh, and does the "Check Engine" light always stay on when the key is in the ignition, but the bike is off? Cause mine does.

The pipe is a hindle system..... nice bike. I am on my third Busa, and love them. I have owned an 02 (totaled), 06 (sold due to financials), and now an 07. For me and my riding style, it is the best all around.

Congratulations, your going to love it, it only gets better.

Here, I'll keep it short.
This is a sprocket with close to 20k on it that has been maintained.
The head lamp has no support under it, it mounts directly to the nose, if its sagging, ether it's missing screws or the mounting studs which are molded/part of the back side of the nose are stripped or broken, you might want to pull the nose off and check this,maybe larger screws or and a epoxy fix for this, the part missing underneath is just a cover. Oh and when the "key is off", everything should be "off", if the "Check Engine" light is on (key or no key) this may mean something?

The Busa is a great tuff bike but I'd have to say yours was a little neglected and possibly messed with and beat on a little, just make sure the drive system and brakes are good and the oil is clean, and enjoy :thumbsup:

sprocket 011.jpg

Picture 964.jpg

spider + gravel 015.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, your going to love it, it only gets better.

Here, I'll keep it short.
This is a sprocket with close to 20k on it that has been maintained.
The head lamp has no support under it, it mounts directly to the nose, if its sagging, ether it's missing screws or the mounting studs which are molded/part of the back side of the nose are stripped or broken, you might want to pull the nose off and check this,maybe larger screws or and a epoxy fix for this, the part missing underneath is just a cover. Oh and when the "key is off", everything should be "off", if the "Check Engine" light is on (key or no key) this may mean something?

The Busa is a great tuff bike but I'd have to say yours was a little neglected and possibly messed with and beat on a little, just make sure the drive system and brakes are good and the oil is clean, and enjoy :thumbsup:

+1 You might what think about replacing the "CUSH DRIVE" rubers in the wheel too. with the chain&sprockets in that bad of shape, the cush drives r prob shot! Check w/ryan from shintz racing(he's a broard sponsor) and ask about his cush drives, VERY NICE product, Great guy,and will hook a .ORG brother up :thumbsup:

Wow, holy crap.
Ugh, now you're making me feel like I got shafted, that check engine light is on and I hear a slight grinding sound sometimes, which I was telling myself was the chain.
****. Could it be the oil?

I'll run through everything make sure it's all good.

Yeah I was looking at the headlight last night, and the two bottom tabs have been snapped off from the headlight casing, so until I can find a solution, I just epoxied it together and it seems to be holding pretty well.

Some one didn't do proper maintenance on that bike. I would have some one go over it from top to bottom starting with the brakes. Nice looking bike.

Some one didn't do proper maintenance on that bike. I would have some one go over it from top to bottom starting with the brakes. Nice looking bike.

Thanks man.
I checked the brakes, discs, pads, lines, etc. They're great and it stops fantastically.

Back