Greatest Mod Ever

Very nice bike and numbers.  Enjoy and be careful
bowdown.gif
Thanks ... I will for sure!

Did you ride to work today by chance?
Thanks Paul ... rode it to work yesterday and I'll be riding it again on Friday ... also riding it to Tom's on Saturday if we do Warren's fairing screens then. I'll be right off of Hwy 7 and Cascades Parkway this Friday though 10 am - 3 pm.

Very very nice... You're gonna leave a lot of stunned riders behind in your wake.. Full marks..
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

Very nice!! So clean, so secret and so mean. Can you picture the guy that buys the upcoming Kawi 14 and goes looking for a Busa to race thinking, "this should be good". I like the dump pipe with the single exhaust. Just enough showing to notice the turbo if your looking for it. Please be careful with the hp, new bike and new tires. Things can get out of hand so quick.
I bought my turbo last summer and just got it all sorted out. Last Sunday I had two guys who rode along sike me for afew miles on the freeway. We all stopped at a Yamaha shop and parked. My turbo is hidden like yours. Once they looked closer one guy said "that's not fair" and laughed. Then he went into the shop and brought out his friend tho look at it. Then the three of them started asking questions and talking "tales of speed". It's funny how a turbo will bring out the animal in us.
The guys at the shop were I had my work done argued about who 'had to' ride it for it's test run, said they were scared of it, and then warned me to be careful because it comes on like and animal. I respected their advice and am glad I did. Your bike looks like it makes more power than mine and your torque curve looks eye popping. I'm guessing yours will go off like a rocket above 6k rpm. The first time I took mine above 6k it launched the front wheel up and the broke the back tire loose before I could let off on the throttle. I'm sure it would have either gone over or slid sideways if I kept going. I know my speedo is off but it seems as though it would do the same thing starting at 80 too.
Congrats, good luck, be careful and let us know your first boost impressions, JT

Oh GAWT DAYUM!!!! Gongrats DJ. Oh I cant wait to see that thing is person.:)
biggrin.gif

Thanks Paul ... rode it to work yesterday and I'll be riding it again on Friday ... also riding it to Tom's on Saturday if we do Warren's fairing screens then. I'll be right off of Hwy 7 and Cascades Parkway this Friday though 10 am - 3 pm.
Sweet!! Feel like lunch at Bungaloo's?...(right behind the Home Depot across the street from ya) On me...

Very nice!! So clean, so secret and so mean. Can you picture the guy that buys the upcoming Kawi 14 and goes looking for a Busa to race thinking, "this should be good". I like the dump pipe with the single exhaust. Just enough showing to notice the turbo if your looking for it. Please be careful with the hp, new bike and new tires. Things can get out of hand so quick.
I bought my turbo last summer and just got it all sorted out. Last Sunday I had two guys who rode along sike me for afew miles on the freeway.  We all stopped at a Yamaha shop and parked. My turbo is hidden like yours. Once they looked closer one guy said "that's not fair" and laughed. Then he went into the shop and brought out his friend tho look at it. Then the three of them started asking questions and talking "tales of speed". It's funny how a turbo will bring out the animal in us.
The guys at the shop were I had my work done argued about who 'had to' ride it for it's test run, said they were scared of it, and then warned me to be careful because it comes on like and animal. I respected their advice and am glad I did. Your bike looks like it makes more power than mine and your torque curve looks eye popping. I'm guessing yours will go off like a rocket above 6k rpm. The first time I took mine above 6k it launched the front wheel up and the broke the back tire loose before I could let off on the throttle. I'm sure it would have either gone over or slid sideways if I kept going.  I know my speedo is off but it seems as though it would do the same thing starting at 80 too.
Congrats, good luck, be careful and let us know your first boost impressions, JT
Very good points JT and you're right the Turbo brings out the beast in us for real. I posted about my first boosted ride . Thanks for the advice and I'll be careful as I learn how to ride and increase my riding skills on the turbo. And oh yea I've got quite a surprise for anybody that mistakes this baby for a stock Busa:)

Oh GAWT DAYUM!!!! Gongrats DJ.  Oh I cant wait to see that thing is person.:)
biggrin.gif
Thanks Eric ... I'm thinking about playing in the WV twisties again before it gets too cold and if the roads are clear. I heard it already snowed there once though. In any case, I'll let you know my riding plans.

Sweet!!  Feel like lunch at Bungaloo's?...(right behind the Home Depot across the street from ya) On me...
That works for me ... PM sent.

Back