Zero Gravity Double Bubble

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
This past week I bought a smoked Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen for the busa. This mod was sort of overshadowed by the Hindle install but I'm just as happy with the DB as I am the exhaust. It's not quite as exciting but it improved my riding experience greatly. Today when I took my first real ride after getting the busa up and running again I noticed right away that I wasn't getting hammered in the chest, shoulders and helmet with wind at speed like I normally do.

The wind seemed to just slip right over me for the most part, even when I wasn't really tucked. When I actually tucked down it was day and night difference from the Sportech screen. In fact, I have to watch the speedo even closer now. On one of my spirited runs testing the sound of the Hindle I kept waiting for the beating I usually get from the wind at higher speeds. That's where I usually back off. It never hit. I looked down at the speedo because I knew I was going fast enough to create the wind, and I was going WAY faster than I thought I was. My eyes were as big as saucers when I saw my speed! Like 30mph faster than where the wind usually beats the crap outta me and nothing. Just smooth sailin'. The whistle in my RF-900 also disappeared! Some of you can feel my pain there. That gets annoying as HELL, don't it?

Again, this mod sort of got overshadowed so I thought I'd start a thread just for it. The ZG DB is another mod that is worth every single penny it costs. If you're looking for a good screen that routes the wind around you I feel comfortable recommending the ZG DB as a good option. I haven't used anything else except the Sportech so there may be other options that are as good as, or even better than the DB. I think the DB is just right for me. It's big enough to knock off the wind but not as big as the sport touring screens. Perfect compromise for my tastes.

I'll try to take a few photos of it tomorrow. It looks great on the bike. So far, no rattles or vibrations either.

If anybody is interested in the Sportech black chrome windscreen let me know. I think I'm going to sell it. I may put an ad in the classified section tomorrow after I get some pics of it.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067912203 -->

well damn ...I was always wonderin if it made THAT much of a difference.....I wasn't sure I'd like the look of it either.....now that I hear this I just might consider one.:cool:

If I had known it made such a difference I would have bought one the day I bought the busa. I was surprised...

The ZG double bubble is all that I have ridden with. It was the first thing I bought for it. I think the smoked color enhances the black/grey colors of the bike! And then there is all that about breaking the wind.

The ZG double bubble is all that I have ridden with.  It was the first thing I bought for it.  I think the smoked color enhances the black/grey colors of the bike!  And then there is all that about breaking the wind.
BigBS,

Did you ride any at all with the stock screen? My stock screen still has the plastic cling material on it. The dealer never put it on the bike. They had the Sportech on it in the showroom. Just curious as to whether or not you saw as much difference going from stock to DB as I did going from Sportech to DB. :super:

The ZG double bubble is all that I have ridden with.  It was the first thing I bought for it.  I think the smoked color enhances the black/grey colors of the bike!  And then there is all that about breaking the wind.
BigBS,

Did you ride any at all with the stock screen? My stock screen still has the plastic cling material on it. The dealer never put it on the bike. They had the Sportech on it in the showroom. Just curious as to whether or not you saw as much difference going from stock to DB as I did going from Sportech to DB. :super:
I think I did, but didn't really pay that much attention. I rode with the stock screen for a total of about 200 miles. I do remember the wind hitting me, but I didn't worry about it too much. I knew I was getting the ZG anyway (mostly for the look as I said).

the double bubble hits me right in the forehead when riding normal. little better than stock one, but the biggest thumbs-up for me is in the LOOKS department! also, I can tuck my helmet all the way under it and more foreward for high speeds........

Ive also tried the sport touring screen. ughly, but very effective in high wind situations!
next = clear double bubble

Couple of half assed pics. Will get better ones when the sun is out again... Dang rain!!! :mad:

IMG_0240.jpg

Not trying to compete against your bike, BT, but here is what it looks like in the dark smoke on a black/grey 'Busa.

DSC00121.JPG

hmmmmmmmmmm wonder what flavor DB would go with my 40th?:super:?

Thanks. I have a tinted visor too, but am used to that from my days of flying. Besides it gives that mysterious look!

I love the DB. I've heard some say that it doesn't fit quite as snug as the stock. Did you have any problems with vibration or fit with the DB?

I haven't had any problems with it yet. I agree it wasn't quite as snug, but there hasn't been any vibration that I've noticed.

hey sane man...what kinda pipe you got on that beast?....I'm installing a bde genIII this winter with a carbon can...I like the carbon look on the 40th.

Back