Double-Bubble Install

JCinTX

Registered
Hey y'all,
Just got finished installing my ZG DB and was just wondering if others that have done this mod had to remove all fairings from the bike to get the new screen in i REALLY hope I didn't do all that work for no reason but I just couldn't get it done without taking both side fairings and ineers off.
Jay

Nope, should of only really had to remove the upper pushpins in the upper inner near the mirror mount. That should have given you enough room to reach in and push the wellnut through.

But removing all the plastic is good practice for future installs!

Just wondering why would you remove the right side fairing to put on a windscreen? Good practice though, just remember the scotch tape!

Hey y'all,
Just got finished installing my ZG DB and was just wondering if others that have done this mod had to remove all fairings from the bike to get the new screen in i REALLY hope I didn't do all that work for no reason but I just couldn't get it done without taking both side fairings and ineers off.
Jay
Actually you have to take the engine out...
biggrin.gif

Nope, should of only really had to remove the upper pushpins in the upper inner near the mirror mount.  That should have given you enough room to reach in and push the wellnut through.

Anytime working on the bike is not wasted, but this would have to go in the needed practice column!

Nope, should of only really had to remove the upper pushpins in the upper inner near the mirror mount.  That should have given you enough room to reach in and push the wellnut through.

Anytime working on the bike is not wasted, but this would have to go in the needed practice column!
Before removing the engine, be absolutely sure you remove the rear wheel and swingarm first!

I tried doing that but still couldn't get my big ole paws in there to do the job, at least I got it all back together proper, and now I know how to remove the right side for oil changes and such so that is good, now to go find some stands.
Thanks All!
Jay

Back