Zero Gravity Double Bubble verses Puig Z Race screen

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
Does anyone know which screen is higher to block the wind. I am toying around with getting the ZG Sport touring screen because I want to get the most wind protection but really dont care for the look of it. With that said, I have narrowed it down between the ZG DB and the Puig Z race screen.

Which is higher?

Your commens are welcome

I'm just shy of 5'10" and have the Puig Z Racing screen. It completely eliminated the freeway buffeting but still provides airflow for hot weather riding. I would highly recommend it.

Here's the pics, color is Dark Smoke.

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

Busa Boy, By the looks of it, it looks wider at the bottom where it meets the sides to give you more protection verses the ZG double bubble.

Im trying to find out if yours is taller as well.

Looks great on your bike by the way. Thanks for your reply, hopefully someone will chime in on the height part of the question.

thanks again,

Rick

u thought about puig at all? I'm 6'1" and the puig dark smoke db does a great job blocking the wind from blasting my upper body and looks great

010.jpg

sorry, only pic i have right now of the screen

010.jpg

sorry, mis-read the post. Not too sure about the puig racing screen, assuming it's different than the db? My friend has the suzuki db screen on his 08 which i really like bc it rises up a bit more than the puig/zg, but it's not very dark at all. I love the look of a dark tinted screen, if the suzuki db came in dark smoke i would have definitely gone with it

I'm 5'10" and I love my Puig d/b. Not sure about the ZG but mine works really well.:thumbsup:

New Pictures August 10 001.jpg

169 mile ride 050.jpg

Thanks Sleepless, Now I just ran across the Suzuki touring screen and kind of like that as well. Im trying to pick a screen that gives me the highway wind protection with out looking so big as the ZG Sport touring windscreen.

The Puig looks like the one I need as far as looks but now that I saw the Suzuki Tourer Im now more confused.

Ive had alot of bikes in my time and at this point in time Im looking for less wind blast and still retain the good looks as well.

I have an email into puig to see if their screen is higher than the ZG double bubble

thanks, Rick

sorry, mis-read the post. Not too sure about the puig racing screen, assuming it's different than the db? My friend has the suzuki db screen on his 08 which i really like bc it rises up a bit more than the puig/zg, but it's not very dark at all. I love the look of a dark tinted screen, if the suzuki db came in dark smoke i would have definitely gone with it

Hey Hemi, Just looked at the Suzuki and I see what you mean. Looks really nice.

Now Im more confused, (lol)

Question:In looking at your friends screen, Is that outer rim molded on as part of the screen or is that a trim thats put on after he purchased it. In the pic on Suzuki website it looks molded which would be great for added strength

Last edited:
I've got both and I use the Puig Z Racing for around town and the Suzuki Touring for trips or in the spring and fall when it's cold. I'm 6' tall and sitting up with the Puig the wind hits me in the upper chest while with the Suzuki screen I get hit right about the neck.

I've got both and I use the Puig Z Racing for around town and the Suzuki Touring for trips or in the spring and fall when it's cold. I'm 6' tall and sitting up with the Puig the wind hits me in the upper chest while with the Suzuki screen I get hit right about the neck.

Glad you chimed in, How much difference in height is there between the two screens. Also is the trim molded to the screen or added to it on the Suzuki screen. In your opinion, If you had to settle for one screen, which would it be.

Do you have a pic of the Suzuki screen on your bike?

Last edited:
Thanks Sleepless, Now I just ran across the Suzuki touring screen and kind of like that as well. Im trying to pick a screen that gives me the highway wind protection with out looking so big as the ZG Sport touring windscreen.

The Puig looks like the one I need as far as looks but now that I saw the Suzuki Tourer Im now more confused.

Ive had alot of bikes in my time and at this point in time Im looking for less wind blast and still retain the good looks as well.

I have an email into puig to see if their screen is higher than the ZG double bubble

thanks, Rick

You're welcome.:-)

I think you'll be happy with Puig. It doesn't look that tall but has good wind protection.
Just a tip....when installing, put a drop of blue loctite on each of the screws. It will really help keeping the screws stay in place. Just sharing it from experience.

I forgot to mention that I got mine the first week after purchasing the bike. Almost 3 years now and never had any problems with it. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:
haven't looked at his suzuki screen too close, but i'm almost positive the rubber trim around the lip is molded to it. I love the suzuki screen, kind of looks more like a touring screen than a db. I just wish it came in dark smoke. I think u will be very happy with either, i still love my puig

I'm 5'10" and I love my Puig d/b. Not sure about the ZG but mine works really well.:thumbsup:

I happened to notice you have stick on wheel weights on those awesome looking wheels. I would like to make a suggestion. I use these on my other bikes as well and you will never use wheel weights again. Your tires will stay balanced all the way till the end of tread life.

See link provided

Dyna Beads for Motorcycle Riders and Dealers

As I said above, it's just a suggestion

Glad you chimed in, How much difference in height is there between the two screens. Also is the trim molded to the screen or added to it on the Suzuki screen. In your opinion, If you had to settle for one screen, which would it be.

Do you have a pic of the Suzuki screen on your bike?

No, the trim is not molded in but looks ok on it-I don't use the trim on the Puig. I'm glad I don't have to settle on one-the Suzuki is definately warmer but the Puig just looks so badazz-and is on 90% of the time. Went out and took some pics:

IMG_1084 a.jpg

IMG_1085 a.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

You're welcome.:-)

I think you'll be happy with Puig. It doesn't look that tall but has good wind protection.
Just a tip....when installing, put a drop of blue loctite on each of the screws. It will really help keeping the screws stay in place. Just sharing it from experience.

I forgot to mention that I got mine the first week after purchasing the bike. Almost 3 years now and never had any problems with it. I'm very happy with it.

Sorry, but I don't think think that's a very good idea. I change my screen quite often and the last thing I want is for the rubber wellnut to turn and not get the screw loose. I barely snug them and have never had one loosen up yet. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Back