Pyramid Double Bubble vs Zero Gravity Double Bubbl

btreaves

Registered
I'm considering purchasing either the Pyramid Double Bubble or the Zero Gravity Double Bubble. I like the look of the Pyramid, but I just wanna hear your thoughts on it.

I'm looking for something to keep a bit more of the wind off of me as the stock windscreen doesn't do much. I also don't want anything that is going to really alter the lines of the bike. I've seen touring screens that look rediculas, but I'm sure they serve a purpose, just not mine.

Thanks in advance!

I have to step up and say the ZG DB is a great screen! I've not used anything else on any of my bikes because of the look and the flow of air overhead. Fits nicely into the lines of the bike and you wouldn't go wrong by getting one. Haven't used the Pyramid though it looks nice.

btreaves,

I really like the the PB Airflow (double bubble). It doesn't spoil the lines on the bike, and I can see the gauges without having to look through the top of the screen. The fit isn't as good as stock, but if you use a bit of tape along the bottom, it makes for a very snug fit.

I'd highly recommend the PB.

--Juggler

I'm a Zero Gravity Beeyotch, Double Bubble. They fit perfect, are optically clean (WAY BETTER THAN STOCK), they look like they belong on the Busa, and of course you get an unobstructed view of your gauges.

Something that really blew me away was the superior optics relative to stock and some other after market screen out there. The ZeroG might be thinner, and require some electrical tape along the mounting points to prevent vibration, but that is a small thing considerin ghow clean they are...

My .02

what are you're guy's thoughts on the

light smoke vs dark smoke tinting options. I own a 40th Ann. and I think the dark smoke would look good but people say you can't even see through the dark one. I normally ride with a dark smoke colored visor on my helmet and that combined with the dark smoke DB has be concerned.
rock.gif

I have a dark smoke visor on my helmet and the dark smoke screen. No issues with being able to see through the tint! It only affects me when I'm tucked, but still no problems. You'll love it if you get it!

I have a dark smoke visor on my helmet and the dark smoke screen.  No issues with being able to see through the tint!  It only affects me when I'm tucked, but still no problems.  You'll love it if you get it!
ok ya sold me on it then... if you say you can still see through it then I'm going for it.

where is the cheapest place for a ZG DB?

parts411
rock.gif

I have the Pyramid. Both work...both look nice. The Pyramid is thicker and more substantial...feels like better quality.

I have a dark smoke visor on my helmet and the dark smoke screen.  No issues with being able to see through the tint!  It only affects me when I'm tucked, but still no problems.  You'll love it if you get it!
ok ya sold me on it then... if you say you can still see through it then I'm going for it.

where is the cheapest place for a ZG DB?

parts411
rock.gif
I ordered mine from tricktape.com because that's where I got one for my Kat 750 a while ago. Don't know who has the best prices these days! Sorry!

ok well thanks... doesn't look like I'll get one before this weekend anyway.... I'll shop around and look for the best deal. I've heard the DB helps your 1/4mi trap speed also. About 1 or 2mph at best.

Back