you're kiddin me right,state farm?!

boazalmighty

Purple Rain - Dino
Donating Member
Registered
apperantly the full coverage policy i've been paying for a coupla years now, covers whatever this local shop (MAP) told my insurance company they can sell my bike for, if it was on their show room.

$5000 or so

:banghead:

BOAZ-1.jpg

ya, their telling me they total it out and cut me a check for what this shop told them over the phone they would get for it.(its market value)

how nice is that..

so i need an appraiser* now

sorry ive been missin
was on a roadtrip thru colorado,wyoming,south dakota,iowa,Mo

They go by blue book value...not what you've spent on it, or what you think it's worth.

Unless you pay more in premiums for custom paint and or mods, they only pay for a stock bike in good condition.

ya, my agent told me otherwise when they sold me the policy...EVERYTHING aftermarket is covered if you could bring us the reciepts so they could keep it in my file.. I did that.. its the main office thats being a b!tch

ill update later, im a lil ummm how do you say... affront, aggravated, annoyed, enraged, exasperated, infuriated.

Last edited:
Yep, that's the way it is...always was!

You'll need to submit photos and accessories list usually. I have Progressive and had to file the pics and parts lists and PAY EXTRA for the additional dollar value I want on my bikes.

So figure what the blue book says + the dollar amount over and let them qoute you the price.

alot of times you can find "gap" insurance that will pay any additional costs over the "blue book" value if its a total loss claim.

Sorry Boaz

Make sure you tell the insurance company to build 4 more just like it and I will give them $5000.00 each for them.

Good luck~!~

PS: I'd give 5 grand for that on the showroom floor any day.

yep, I have mine insured for stated value not actual. its a little more $ and not every state allows it evidently ... good luck either way :) just buy it back from them and sell the parts ;)

Whoa! It is so good to hear from you, Boaz! I've been wondering about your progress lately as I've pretty much come to a stand still on mine. (Most of the parts I have left to get are pret-ty high dollar so it's gonna take me longer to collect that many more aluminum cans :banghead:)

Did you have frame damage? Is there no way for you to fix the bike yourself? I know it would have been easier to use an insurance check to get a Gen II, but maybe fixing it isn't too far out of the works, ya suppose? Definitely more of a PIA, but considering what you've got into yours, this might be the better go. And if you can get them to cut you a check for yours and you buy it back from them, you'll have some seed money. :thumbsup:

Good luck my friend! Please let me know if I can help you with anything! :beerchug:

Remember: it's the insurance company's job to deny, delay, defer...anything to avoid paying a claim. They can't help it - it's just their nature. I often think it's a waste of time to insure anything, but often there's no option.

CW

Damn! Insurance Co's are da sucketh :moon:

I wish you the best and please keep us updated. As I & many others have State Farm as well. Thinking with a few of the mods I'm about to have installed, if I should have them re-evaluate my coverage. :whistle: :banghead:

apperantly the full coverage policy i've been paying for a coupla years now, covers whatever this local shop (MAP) told my insurance company they can sell my bike for, if it was on their show room.

$5000 or so

:banghead:

BOAZ-1.jpg

ya, their telling me they total it out and cut me a check for what this shop told them over the phone they would get for it.(its market value)

how nice is that..

so i need an appraiser* now

sorry ive been missin
was on a roadtrip thru colorado,wyoming,south dakota,iowa,Mo

They always asked me if I had modified my ride. They also told me to pull everything I had put on it off when they told me a guy was coming to get it. No, I wouldn't take 5K either....

Man im going through the same thing right now, i just got the quote for mine and its over 8k form suzuki, so I imagine there going to total it so im going to keep the bike and take what its worth. What year is yours? mine is an 05 and blue books at 8k.

Insurance is legalized thievery!!

I am dealing with this crap right now (litterly)

We had a sewer line bust under our house AFTER it backed up raw sewage into the house.

We ended up paying $7,700.00 to the plumbers to replace the entire sewage system under our house, plus we replaced the supply line to our house because it had problems.

We were not expecting 100% coverage, but we received a letter stating they were not covering anything.

So we pay our monthly premiums which you HAVE to pay if you have a mortgage and everyone gets nasty if you are even late a few days. But when it comes time to pay, they do everything they can to get out of it.

Last edited:
Back