Back to State Farm

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Went back to State Farm after getting lackadaisical treatment from Farm Bureau. I really hate having to work to be someone's customer. I'm there to give them money for a reason and that reason is, I need their services and their expertise.

Soooo, story is, last November, I was looking at a used car and in order to make a completely informed decision, I called my Farm Bureau agent and left a message with all the details. It wasn't a weekend, it was a Friday early afternoon. No reason at all to expect that he wouldn't call me.

He didn't.

Monday, I was expecting him to call. He still didn't. Dealership sold the car and I lost out on it. Still, it ticked me off that he never did call me back. Wednesday, just because I was fuming about it, I called him. He said he had left the office early that day and never checked his voice-mail.

Okay, fine. Why not call me back on Monday? He told me he figured it was already a non-issue at that point. I informed him that because I couldn't get a quote from him, I lost out on the deal on the car. His comment blows me away to this day:

"Well, it probably wasn't meant for you to have that car after all, then." As if the stars have something to do with it.

I was so shocked by his attitude, I just ended the conversation and hung up the phone. I didn't want to say things I was going to regret later.

I should have cancelled the policy right then but the rates were pretty good and I really hate the hassle of changing over.

Three weeks ago, exact same scenario. Saw a car, wanted to buy, called for an insurance quote, left message. It was a Saturday so I did not expect a call back until Monday. Never heard from the guy, car sold to someone else with a decent insurance agent.

Policy was up for renewal in two weeks. My next call was to. . .

. . .State Farm. They treated my like a king. I never should have left them last year in the first place. In the past, they've always treated me well. Their service would have been worth the slightly higher cost of insurance.

Lo and behold, their rates have come down in the intervening year so I reduced my insurance cost again AND got better coverage along with it.

Awesome.

USE STATE FARM, PEOPLES!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Got State Farm myself. Love those guys. They have never given me problems in over 10 years of being with them.

I have state farm. No problems ever with them. Insurance on the B-King is 56$ per month for full coverage. Got everything on there cars, truck, ATV and am very happy with their service. I went to school with my agents daughter and have sat in his office for hours talking cars and bikes with him. Just an all around awesome guy. Plus he has some seriously hot women working for him. I mean tall blonde goddess model types.

State farm is the place to be for me for the past 7 or 8 years. I had allstate and it was horrible. High rates and quotes for insurance on a CBR1100xx when I was 23 or 24 was almost 4000$ per year. Yes 4k per year for a used CBR1100 that was selling for 8500 and had 1500 miles on it.

Hell my agent saw my truck had a cracked windshield and told me we should get it taken care of. He said to take it to one of those shops that pays the deductible up to 100$ and he would take care of the rest and get me a new windshield for free. The windshield was cracked when I bought the truck and he said they would take care of it anyway. I think state farm has some idea that you have to have happy customers or they leave. I guess the rest of the insurance companies dont get it.

-vJ-

I can understand your frustration and the whole insurance industry is screwed up.

My tale of woe;

Moved to Austin about 12 years ago from Dallas and at that time we had Travelers Ins a house, 2 cars covered. During the time I have lived in Austin the only time I was contacted by my Ins. agent was to notify me of a rate hike.
Ok, they were in Dallas and I was in Austin we were customers for only like 20 years.
Now Hayabusa enters center stage.
I call the agent in Dallas and they say oh yes we would be happy to insure your new motorcycle, can you tell us what model you have?...(silence)...(silence) Hmmm we'll have to contact another carrier Travelers won't insure that motorcycle.
They come back with a astronomical $ quote.

I shop around and contact a State Farm agent and I get a decent quote of $77.00 a month. then she tells me if I switch all my needs of Ins to their agency that I can get into a different pool and the Ins will only be 37.00 a month. I jump at this deal. House, 2 cars, Hayabusa, all the coverage and the policies cost less.
I buy the '08 Hayabusa!!!
A week later the State Farm agent calls and says that there has been a mistake and the Hayabusa is a sport bike...I reply I know I told you exactly what I was getting and you asked if it had a turbo or nitrious.
After I told them that I made a finicial decision based on their quote...then I turned my wife loose on them, they cam back and said they could honor the quote for 6 months.

A week later we are getting all these incorrect billings from State Farm, and now the agent informs me that Insurance will be $80 a month after this 6 month period.

Just a reflection of the Insurance of the industry as a whole, they all suck.

We had State Farm for years. Never had a problem with them. When we bought our house, we went with ANPAC because their homeowner's insurance was half what State Farm quoted us. House, cars and life insurance with them. Our agent isn't always the easiest person to get in touch with, but it's not always an issue. If I tell him it's urgent, he's better. However, I don't use that much because I want to save those for the really urgent times. We've had 2 claimes with them - both for wrecks our daughter was in, and they handled them quite well and quickly.

Insurance overall pretty much sucks, but it's worse not to have it when you need it.

Back