your opinion on wheels for my bike

dont really have any of the black chrome, there are some pics on sport chromes website, but hard to picutre with a tire mounted on a bike etc

hmmm. I dont mind my flat black right now on my rims. I may shoot them with a coat of clear to make them shiny when i take them off for tires but other than that I dont mind them.

stole this from sportchromes site
BlackChrome-05.jpg

BlackChrome-04.jpg

yep those are cool looking, but if going with a different wheel will go with something besides gold i think

i would do the black chrome then. are the carbon wheels painted or that new dip paint stuff?

that liquiprint stuff doesnt sit well with me on parts the can and most likely are gonna get knocked around and chipped. no real reason, just the application has me thinking it wont last after the first few dings

Black chrome for sure. If you trade your gold wheels in and dont like them I have an extra set of golds that I took off of mine that we could work out a deal in trade.

I like the look of carbon fiber so that's my vote. It's hard to believe they can get that faux carbon fiber looking so real. How do they get that weave pattern with paint???? How much for those, if you don't mind my asking and do you just trade yours in or do they do yours ?

not sure on pricing 100% its a buddy of mine rickscustomcycle that had them done, he had extra wheels so he sent them out for this and a set for black chrome to keep in stock.

Hmm good question. I've been thinking about something like this for a while now, whether I want to keep the whole gold theme or go a different route :banghead: I'm sticking with what I got now because its cheap but, it would be nice to have it stand out more especially when my friend has an 06 chromed out :whistle:

i have had black chrome, and trust me they are a good conversation starter, u get a lot of WTF, from far they look balc and as they close they are chrome.... nice touch but hard to get a good pic. also a pain to keep clean

busa 022.jpg

busa 004.jpg

You spent all sorts of money to got the turbo and now don't want to inverst in good wheels. Get the BST's, they will significantly improve the handling & decrese the weight. I agree they are not cheap. But you get what you pay for.

im not concerned with cornering type stuff, i would be better off spending money on track day or something to corner better, purely looking for looks, and i like top end stuff on this bike, and with almost double stock hp it doesn't seem to have a problem accelerating the bike with heavy stock wheels LOL

I am only doing wheels for looks, not looking for function at all

Back