your opinion on wheels for my bike

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
08 turbo busa has gold wheels on it now, and i like the gold wheels, thinking about these carbon painted stock wheels, or black chrome stock wheels. WOuld love BSTs, but not going to spend that kind of money LOL

674852fa.jpg

carbonwheels001.jpg

carbonwheels002.jpg

carbonwheels003.jpg

my vote goes to the CF-painted rims.....like it A LOT! Who did the paint job and how much??

is the carbon can for the turbo for posers also LOL?

Rickscustomcycle has the wheels and is a buddy, he also has a set of black chrome wheels being done but will be a little while before they are back from plating.

are you trying to get away from the gold? With the carbon painted can you see the effect from further away or would it just look messy/dull?

thats what i dont know about on the carbon, if far away if just look black, not really a fan of black wheels unless they are ultra glossy. I actually like the gold, just thinking something different, something to waste money on LOL.

get the stockie gold plated!:laugh:

I'm with you, I'm not a fan of the black wheels. I would prefer to stay with a color that "pops" more. I wish the gold was more brighter.

the gold when nice and clean actually stands out pretty good, i just hate to trade the gold wheels in on these and not like em lol

how about a compromise can the color of the carbon fiber be gold?

I just don't know how they would look from any distance on a bike. It's hard to visualize. I know CF wheels just look like black turds from far away.

yeah, but that would take a while, these are available now haha. probably an option, but would suck it if looked retarded. i know what you mean though bst's from far away just look black

is the carbon can for the turbo for posers also LOL?

No, because it's real carbon fiber. Pretending to have light weight wheels with carbon fibber paint job is like pretending to have a turbo because you have a sticker that says "turbo".

cheers
ken

silver would look good on it, make the kanji on the side silver, those cf wheels look too cool i like them but they wont show up far away just close up eye candy...

Last edited:
No, because it's real carbon fiber. Pretending to have light weight wheels with carbon fibber paint job is like pretending to have a turbo because you have a sticker that says "turbo".

cheers
ken

don't care about a "light-weight" look, just kinda like carbon, but at 1/10th the cost LOL. This coming from the guy with racing stripes :laugh:

sorta want this bike to me more subtle, the other turbo bike is a little more eye catching, kinda want the opposite effect on this one.

yellow1.jpg

ahh the ol' yellow :laugh: does that bike even get any street time anymore?

you've already got the nice blingy turbo bike and now you've got the gen2 sleeper turbo. I honestly wouldn't change much on the blue one. It looks so nice and stock. :thumbsup:

If you've got to spend the money then spruce up the home for those bikes. Insulate and rock the walls. :poke:

Back