wheels... opinions...

camaroguy72

Registered
Looking for a cheap alternative to new wheels/chrime/powdercoating. Thinking about either polishing the wheels myself, or just spraying the black wheels with a heavy gold flame to match my bike. this way i could just clear coat it with the gold flake and i'll be in business. anyone paint their wheels before?

powder coating would be your best bet. A vast amount of colors and a durable finish.

runeight...

powdercoating is usually cheaper than painting them and is alot more durable. I had my coated for $90 a wheel including beadblasting them.

paint is free for me basically.

cheaper than replacing bearings/paying for powdercoating. that means i gotta take the bearings out, pay for the powdercoating, then pay for the new bearings and seals.

I would just clean the wheels REAL good, and wash them with a degreaser and then rinse them again REAL good. Paint whatever color with a good paint and then clearcoat with clearcoat for for wheels. It comes in a spray can and isn't very expensive. That stuff seems pretty durable too!!

I think they look really nice polished. Just some elbow grease and a few hours of work.

the wheels are brand new, had tires taken off, never ridden on. no dirt
smile.gif
i think im gonna polish as a winter project... would be nice to get some new rubba on my polished wheels at the beginning of next season
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back