Your Occupation/Career/Profession...

My degrees tell me I am a corporate lawyer and a chartered accountant.
My work tells me i sell phones and tv's in an electronics shop.
I think i have more degrees than I need to get bread on my plate.

full time pimp..:laugh:

ok... i lied..
i am fleet manager for auto dealership,, doing it for 13 years.
i had two jobs in my life, this one and worked for kroger company ( supermarket) for 20 years from buyer to store assistant manager to store unit director.. bunch of crap to put up with..

I work at a veterinarian office.

Pros- I get to take care of animals.

Cons- I see the cruelty some people do to animals.

Bestbuy mobile supervisor

Pros- easy money, great cell phone plan, store discount.

Cons- responsible for teenagers some adults to.. smh

Sent from my busa.

self employed motorcycle and power sports mechanic((mostly motorcycles)) with my own part time shop...MMI 1994-1996. snap on cert

im also car/truck/heavy equement mechanic for the county police depo ASE MECHANIC/snap on cert

I work as a machinist at nexteer (old Delphi)

Pros, I have a job and make a decent wage.

Cons, 45 minute drive to work(one way) I'm here an average of 60hrs which gets old real fast.

i have a degree in something ill probably never use
have a commercial pilots license, but will probably never be hired to fly for pay
considered a grade A machinist...green be go red be whoaa,
currently working for GE with an anticipated lay off anytime soon..we make them too much money...but we are union so we have to go...
uhhh....maybe relocating someplace in the world soon?...

have a commercial pilots license, but will probably never be hired to fly for pay
currently working for GE with an anticipated lay off anytime soon..we make them too much money...but we are union so we have to go...

Go to Australia.. That country eats up professional people with degrees and or experience. You can't go wrong there. Otherwise, you could just move to Alaska and be a bush pilot.

catia cnc programmer and model designer, pros quiet clean and I like working with planes. cons office donkey making some other pricks rich
like previous post might hit Australia seeing as its near impossible to get into the states legally

Chris I thought you had a P.H.D. (push here dummy)

Former: USN
NOW: Geek with a purpose like Mitnick
Pro: traveling, education, most of all SATISFACTION of WHY I'm doing it, safety
Cons: HOURS it's not always demanding, when it is, it's all hands on deck without question(which means I miss a lot of events sometimes)

Marine Terminal Operator
I deal with oil tankers that ship oil to California from all over the world. We pump it off the ships to the refinery and they turn it into "stuff".
Pros: I get to play on the water everyday and the money is good.
Cons: Constant rotating shifts and missing out on a lot of rides. :banghead:

I do. You around these parts?

I'm out on the east end of long island. So not right there but not horribly far. Lots of goos riding in your area and this one. The advantage here is all the water :)

Army Officer, Major, Aviator
AH-64D Pilot
Currently Math Instructor at West Point (USMA) then back to the fight

I've seen the world and shot a bunch of people ;) Currently questioning the direction of this country and its leaders but still fighting for the "normals"

Isn't your tour teaching wet-nose butter-bar wannabe's just about up? :laugh: Got a follow-on assignment yet?

Marine Corps Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Major.

Retiring soon after 23 years of planning, scheduling and performing maintenance to keep airplanes flying.

Sometimes, I participate in a website or two;)

Degree in business admin/economics, but landed a job in the IT field...

On my 15th year as a database administrator...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

i dont have to work we have Obama for president. I even get a free cell phone, food ebt card which is good at any tiger mart so I can get all the energy drinks I want, free healthcare, the list goes on and on FREE FREE FREE!!

LOL Public assistance started under President Obama wow i did not know that, well that means I can quit my job but you are giving the wrong person credit for your "free cell phone" the "Lifeline" program started in 1985 and was extended to cell phones in 2005 under president Bush, wouldn't want you to make a video thanking the wrong guy :rofl:

On to the question

Small business owner
Pro's
It was always a goal of mine.

Con's
In the early stages of building my empire

IT Professional 17 years
(System Administration, engineering and architecture)
Pro's
Had a chance to do it all from help desk to management, also due to the rate of change in technology, you never stop learning, for instance I just hooked up a free UCS chassis we received for our lab to this new storage that is 32 TB raw of flash, this thing does over a million IOPS, its faster than any other tier 1 storage I've seen and its all in a 3U appliance, take that Oracle dba's no more complaining :laugh:. There is always something new so no boredom, even if your company is not "bleeding edge" lol.

I got a chance to meet and collaborate with many different types of people. Through that collaboration with others I was also able to make a lot of new friends outside my normal circle, I learned to better appreciate other cultures that i would probably not have had a chance to experience on a personal and a professional level.

Last but not least the "paper" lord knows the pay checks are nice and have allowed my family and I many blessings. I have something for the kids future which they can build upon. I'm able to do things for them that my parents were not able to do for me so in my Drake voice "we started from the bottom now we here!" :thumbsup:

Con's
This company Iphone, we are 24/7 365 so I'm never off. I'm salary i get the same pay check no mater if I work 30 hrs or 70 hrs a week (which could be a pro too i guess :laugh:) early on travel was a con i gained like 35 pounds trying to eat up all my per diem and I got tired of planes and hotels every 2 weeks.

Back