Your Occupation/Career/Profession...

Projekt

Registered
Post up your Occupation/Career/Profession and fill us in on what the ups and downs have been like as you progressed through the cutthroat ladder of corporate America.

I fancy myself a transitioning Entrepenuer that finally got out of a career that paid well but offered too many moral conflicts. Now, I am out here on the Best Coast taking a shot at chasing the dream...

Former USAF....
Former carpetbagger in the wars
Former Restaurantuer
Former "Not at liberty to discuss"
And now, full time Son, Brother and brother in law in a home that needs my help.

Wouldn't have it any other way. (I lie, it could be a lot more comfortable in Budapest as a professional video producer/actor/director/stud. LOL!)

USAF - SSGT (hopefully TSgt soon)
Rap Artist - Draztik the Terrible
Tattoo Artist
AKA Mr. Amazing
Bike Builder (mine only but it still counts)
Engine builder - V6 and V8's
Pretty much all around BAMF

Industrial radiographer

Ups
Pays well
Fairly easy work mentally and physically
Traveling seeing areas and places I would never had otherwise.

Downs
Traveling being away from wife and kid
Work crazy hours

It's funny this was posted today I just received my life changing phone call this morning, ill be leaving the ambulance service I've worked for for the last four years to start a new chapter in my life as a New York State corrections officer. Not sure what the ups and downs are yet but we will find out :whistle:

Im a self employed motorcycle and power sports mechanic in general but I can fix just about anything. I also work part time seasonal as a golf course maintenance guy. I do it mostly because its relaxing and my son gets to play for free.

I work as a finish carpenter. I worked as a trim carpenter since is was 17 and took a 5 year hiatus when the housing market bottomed out. I recently have gotten back into it and cant believe how much I have missed it.

Basically I'm a computer engineer. I work with Cisco call center technology as a systems/application architect. I'm also the director of global business development for my company, so I get to see all sides of things. I have been doing it for around 13yrs now and honestly the pros for me are the travel and constant challenges. The skill set is in pretty high demand so there really aren't too many folks that know it that are unemployed...unless they just suck lol. The cons could be the travel and the challenges. What I have found is that as long as the team around you is solid and you nurture/maintain your network of folks that help/support your efforts, usually the good days out number the bad by a lot :cool:

Army Officer, Major, Aviator
AH-64D Pilot
Currently Math Instructor at West Point (USMA) then back to the fight

I've seen the world and shot a bunch of people ;) Currently questioning the direction of this country and its leaders but still fighting for the "normals"

software developer

pros: get to solve problems, keep your brain in shape, build things potentially used around the world, work from home, make lots of $, never go without a job (can change jobs/companies/industries whenever), etc...
cons: mentally demanding, must continuously learn (which is sometimes a pro), sometimes oddball co-workers, very misunderstood/under-appreciated discipline

If I had it to do all over again (13 years ago), would I choose the same field? No.

i dont have to work we have Obama for president. I even get a free cell phone, food ebt card which is good at any tiger mart so I can get all the energy drinks I want, free healthcare, the list goes on and on FREE FREE FREE!!

Back