Ok, so what are you really thankful for?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
At thanksgiving we have a tradition shared by many. We go around the table and profess our blessings. As we went around the table, it hit me that one of the greatest motorcycles ever designed will die in just 1 month. A mechanical masterpiece that fought the good fight for more than 2 decades. In those 2 decades, she never faced a foe that didn't respect her. And in the end what sustained her was not her mind blowing speed, but her all around great personality and absolutely bulletproof heart.

Now we are at the end. In a month the last Hayabusa will be sold. Her reign ended unceremoniously by a regulatory noose, and the neglecting betrayal of her creator. I am thankful that a Hayabusa ever managed to sneak through the corporate marketing guys, and that big brother let her live for 20 years. I'm thankful to have one of these bikes, a magnificent athlete now frozen in time.

I asked Santa for a Gen 3, maybe a child's fairy tale is all we have left to believe in.

Memorial Day 2013.jpg

In true tradition to Arch's original post, I will bypass all the normal life experiences and focus on my Busa.

I am thankful that after almost 10 years my totally unmolested Busa, as it came off the showroom floor, still turns heads and remains my favorite ride. I am thankful that it has not been surpassed by the 1000cc fashion with a new model being released every year. I am thankfull that Suzuki has avoided the fashion police and retained their original icon unchanged. I am thankfull that they are taking their time to carefully consider the market, so that if and when they release someting new, it will again be an icon extending its legend for years to come.

Yep, and I am thankfull that it only has 10,000 miles on the odo, kept inside, never been dropped, not a scratch and only been serviced by her master, being me.

IMG-1023E1_zpslbbsqd2b.jpg

My buddies grandpa was a mean ole sumbeach :D

He smoked like a chimney ate a lb of bacon every morning and drank like a sailor. He lived to be 92 years old....... He was skinny as a rail but worked his entire life so he had that “old man strength” and could stare down a charging bull. Dude was tough as they come and was a rare breed of man that don’t exist anymore.

Maybe it was genetics maybe it was just luck of the draw? But his way of living would kill a normal human being. People get lung cancer and never smoked a cigarette??? I know guys in their 30’s that are already on blood pressure medication etc.

Bottom line when your time is up it’s up and there ain’t a damn thing you can do about it. So be thankful to wake up and see another day!!! Make the most of it while you can because 2morrow isn’t promised 2day

I’m thankful for my family, friends, my health and most importantly, my sister’s health, who was diagnosed with cancer and has been doing chemo for the last year or so. She finally got he last treatment and test results show she is clean, so I can stop worrying about her so much and my 6 year old niece will have her mom longer.

In true tradition to Arch's original post, I will bypass all the normal life experiences and focus on my Busa.

I am thankful that after almost 10 years my totally unmolested Busa, as it came off the showroom floor, still turns heads and remains my favorite ride. I am thankful that it has not been surpassed by the 1000cc fashion with a new model being released every year. I am thankfull that Suzuki has avoided the fashion police and retained their original icon unchanged. I am thankfull that they are taking their time to carefully consider the market, so that if and when they release someting new, it will again be an icon extending its legend for years to come.

Yep, and I am thankfull that it only has 10,000 miles on the odo, kept inside, never been dropped, not a scratch and only been serviced by her master, being me.

View attachment 1589091
I get a little sad when I see a gray/silver busa. This is what I bought, or so I thought, until they went to the warehouse and found out the bike was white and had been listed wrong on their inventory and listing. I had already signed all the paperwork, so I took it and got some good discounts on quality gear. Yours is a great example of a clean and unmolested busa.

My buddies grandpa was a mean ole sumbeach :D

He smoked like a chimney ate a lb of bacon every morning and drank like a sailor. He lived to be 92 years old....... He was skinny as a rail but worked his entire life so he had that “old man strength” and could stare down a charging bull. Dude was tough as they come and was a rare breed of man that don’t exist anymore.

Maybe it was genetics maybe it was just luck of the draw? But his way of living would kill a normal human being. People get lung cancer and never smoked a cigarette??? I know guys in their 30’s that are already on blood pressure medication etc.

Bottom line when your time is up it’s up and there ain’t a damn thing you can do about it. So be thankful to wake up and see another day!!! Make the most of it while you can because 2morrow isn’t promised 2day
jesus.. I got a tear in my eye... what was that hallmark? Your a poet and u don't know it.... YOLO. hahA

What am I thankful for? I'm thankful for a lot of things. Things more valuables to me than breathing itself.

I'm thankful for my family. I've always had a good support system through all of my life troubles. Family has always been there for me no matter what. If you dont have family, you dont have nothing.

I'm thankful for my friends. Real friends always have your back no matter the problems you face. Friends have been there. There is family that ain't blood and there is blood that ain't family.

I'm thankful for my ex wife who happens to be my best friend. Without her, I wouldnt have my kids. I tried to throw her away and push her to the side but she stayed there when I needed someone and when I didnt. I honestly dont know what I'd do if she was gone.

Im thankful for my kids. They've shown me that pushing forward is worth the pain I go through. They've shown me a greater light than any human ever has. I am definitely a better man with them.

I'm thankful for my ex girlfriend AND the guy who wedged himself between us. As bad as it sounds, I am thankful for them. Because of her, she helped me find a better way to love and become a better person even though she threw me away in the worst of ways in the end. I'm thankful for the dirtbag because it taught me a valuable lesson - sometimes the fight isnt worth it and sometimes it is better to let go. It also strengthened my ability to forgive. She is the source of my greatest depression and some of my best happiness.

I'm thankful for my health. Without my health, I wouldnt be able to do what I do for a living.

I'm thankful for my career. Doing something you love doing makes it or breaks it with a job. Knowing I can come into a strangers home and make a difference is an amazing thing.

View attachment 1589091
That's a beautiful bike...

Well, I'm not an American and we do not have a 'thanks-giving day' here in Godzone, but I can tell ya this . . .
I give thanks everyday just that I can give thanks,
to the One that made us all,
the One that loves us all,
and the One that gave it all . . .
that we can be saved from ourselves and our short comings . . . this world is a better place with this great hope and I personally look forward to the day I finish the race, and join my family and friends in the Eternal place called Paradise.
Now THAT is giving thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Back